[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steeler Homers

BigTen

If the right circumstances were to pop up, yes he is worth it. Hell, he may already be worth it in PPR leagues. I just don't see Parker and Mendenhall going away very easily. No matter what they are going to get carries and if one is getting the job done then he will stay in the game. Moore will stay in a game when they are in passing situations but really for the most part I would not pick him up unless you are in a PPR league because banking on Parker and Mendenall to go away is not a good bet.

I found it interesting that he was in the game when it was crunch time.

I picked him up in 1 league where I had the roster space and would like to in another, can't bring myself to cut anyone I own in that one.

I think the big key to that was they had basically abandoned the run and were running an offense similar to a 2 minute offense

I found it interesting that he was in the game when it was crunch time.

So did I. Don't forget he was in MN at the same time with Tomlin, so perhaps there's a little extra trust factor there. :wacko: Wcoff draft this past weekend, 14th round i needed a rb and narrowed it down to Mendenhall or Mewelde. Being a PPR I went with MeMo.

Parker has always had health issues and Mendenhall just is not the answer IMHO. What is the word on Moore. Is he worth a pick up?

Since every league has ONE Squeeler homer, I recommend trading Slow Willie Parker to them! Seriously though, if I was in a really big league I might stash Mewelde. Parker looks like toast and Mendenhall isn't durable either. Ask Ray Lewis. Moore might figure into the equation. Maybe a better question is: Do you trust Piggsburgh's offensive line?

Since every league has ONE Squeeler homer, I recommend trading Slow Willie Parker to them! Seriously though, if I was in a really big league I might stash Mewelde. Parker looks like toast and Mendenhall isn't durable either. Ask Ray Lewis. Moore might figure into the equation. Maybe a better question is: Do you trust Piggsburgh's offensive line?

I am that Steeler homer in about 11 leagues and the only league that I own FWP in is my dynasty. I drafted him with the very last pick of the draft the year Bettis was hurt for the start of the season because I saw him at camp and was very excited at his chances of getting in the game. I posted that stuff on this board. Since then I have traded him away in all but that league and I did own him in almost all leagues since I was one of the first to know about him.

Point is, I don't think a true Steeler homer is going to bite on FWP unless it is just a really good deal.

Point is, I don't think a true Steeler homer is going to bite on FWP unless it is just a really good deal.

You got that right, Skippy! The Steelers are not FF friendly IMO. You have to take off the homer glasses. In all of my leagues, I only have 1 Steeler in one of them and that is Hines Ward. But I've always liked MeMo, ever since he was a Viking. The Steelers use him as the 3rd down RB and in the 2-minute offense so he's worth a pick up if you have the room. Unfortunately for myself, I just can't see cutting anyone to make the move only after week 1.

i find it interesting that Mendenhall really isn't being given a chance. of course Parker is there, but the guy was only drafted one year ago and missed most of the season.

time will tell, but i can't be convinced he's a wash-out until he gets the ball more than five times in a game.

I think they should just switch to Moore full time. FWP is done. Moore did very well last year when he had a chance to start, and his skills fit well with the bleh oline they have in Pittsburgh.

It doesn't happen by accident that some guys are relegated to being a back up or third down back. Moore is that and not much else. If he was better than FWP, he would be the starter. Same with Mendenhall. FWP is the best back in Pittsburgh, without a doubt. However, due to their inability on the O-Line, it doesn't really matter who the back is when they play a tough defense like Tenn last Thursday. I'm not a Steeler homer, but I think FWP is still gonna suprise some this year.

Edited by Coach1310

I agree that Moore's value is a function of the Steelers not being able to run the ball on solid defenses. I think he's a very good player, but I don't see him starting unless Parker and Mendenhal are injured. Even then, I don't think the Steelers would give him 20 carries. Not because they don't trust him, but because he's far too valuable to them as a 3rd down and hurry-up back to let him take a pounding and risk getting him injured. What the Steelers really need is that complementary power back like Thomas Jones or Marrion Barber. FWP ain't it, and I don't think Mendenhal is either even though he looked like a perfect fit when he was drafted.

i find it interesting that Mendenhall really isn't being given a chance. of course Parker is there, but the guy was only drafted one year ago and missed most of the season.

time will tell, but i can't be convinced he's a wash-out until he gets the ball more than five times in a game.

I think he is given the chance. He was given the chance in camp and in pre-season work. He just really does not shine a whole lot when he gets the chance. I am still not 100% sold on the fact that he is not going to turn into a decent back. I just have now tempered my hopes based on all that I see and hear.

It doesn't happen by accident that some guys are relegated to being a back up or third down back. Moore is that and not much else. If he was better than FWP, he would be the starter. Same with Mendenhall. FWP is the best back in Pittsburgh, without a doubt. However, due to their inability on the O-Line, it doesn't really matter who the back is when they play a tough defense like Tenn last Thursday. I'm not a Steeler homer, but I think FWP is still gonna suprise some this year.

This is a perfect reply that I am in total agreement with. Most certainly I am in agreement with everything but I want to point out that last sentence that I am in agreement with.