[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Full Color Football

kryptonite

I don't have ShowTime, but would love to see it.

I suggest anyone with an interest in this to read "Going Long" by Jeff Miller (basically the full story of the AFL) or "America's Game" by Michael MacCambridge (the story of the NFL, with good input around the NFL-AFL merger).

They are both great books and tell a great story.

John

Part 1 was phenominal. Anyone who is an NFL fan simply must watch this. If you are over 45, then this will bring back memories. If you are under 45 then consider this a must watch so you can understand why the game of football is the way it is today. Simply the best pro football documentary to come around in many years. Put together very well too.

What a great series....history of the game...AFL....

Props to Lamar Hunt....brilliant marketing strategies....

A must see for all....on Showtime...

i would like to thank you for starting this thread. never heard of this shiw and watched the re-run last night. FANTASTIC. thanks

Anyone interested in AFL history might also want to check out these 2 books ... they are old, may be out of print, but I guess it could be possible to find them on Amazon or somewhere ... both are great reads.

- The Other League

- The $400,000 Quarterback

The Other League is a "coffee-table" book, but is loaded with player/team tidbits, anecdotes & lots of early-AFL days photos. The $400k QB is not just about Namath ... it's more of a history of the AFL from pre-startup to the merger ... many "back office" type stories about the AFL-NFL player bidding wars in the early days, funny stuff about some of the financial struggles of the AFL teams as they were just getting things started, plus a fair amount of player and even game specific information tracing most all of the significant events thru the first few years of the AFL and events that led to the AFL becoming a "major league" in part bringing about the merger.

FWIW.