[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

General trading question

chester

I've not thought of this till now, and it hasn't come up, but do you guys allow trading after games have started.

ie somebody finds out his potential Sun night starter is out after the early games start, could he trade for a Mon night guy and start him?

Our rules aren't specefic other than not doing waivers after kickoff for the week.

It goes away after about a half hour of inactivity.

:wacko:

Never came up in my leagues that I am aware of, but I suppose it would be okay so long as no player involved in the trade has already played AND was in the starting lineup. If they played but were on the bench, ok, and if they have yet to play, then okay.

We have trades locked out from Sat night at midnight until the WW opens at 5AM Tue. Not really sure why that is to be honest. It's just they it's always been in our league.

I agree with Big C though shouldn't be an issue from my view as long as you follow the same rules similar to lineup setting that Big C stated.

We lock trades 5 minutes before the 1st game of the week. Although I can't really see a problem with trading players that haven't played yet. I would just be worried about tradebacks happening if someone needed a fill-in for Monday night game time decision.

We lock trades 5 minutes before the 1st game of the week. Although I can't really see a problem with trading players that haven't played yet. I would just be worried about tradebacks happening if someone needed a fill-in for Monday night game time decision.

That's why we added a rule some years back that you cannot "trade back" any player you traded away for 4 weeks. Obviously you could still get him back during the season, but 4 weeks seems to have worked in our league to cut out any renting a player for a bye week fill in.

That's why we added a rule some years back that you cannot "trade back" any player you traded away for 4 weeks. Obviously you could still get him back during the season, but 4 weeks seems to have worked in our league to cut out any renting a player for a bye week fill in.

This.. most of my leagues have similar rules. Then again, in most of my leagues, any owners involved in a "rental" scheme would not be a part of the league much longer.