[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

When did things turn around for you?

Scorcher

Did you make a major change in the way you draft? In the way you trade? In your line -up tactics? Was there something specific you did that changed you from middle of the road hit or miss season that puts you at the top all the time? If so , what was it. Are you a consistent winner now because of some significant changes you made?If so would you be willing to share? What were they? Are you consistent now? I have always been up and down, but some of you guys always seem to be at the top of your game. Was there a major change in the way you do things, or an epiphany if you will? Share your knowledge.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year was by far my best year. Made the playoffs in almost all, if not all. Won I think 3... And last year was the first year I listened to football talk all year round. I guess I became more an NFL junkie, and it carried over to FF. So take that for what its worth, but apparently it pays to know what goes on all year and not just in the months during the season.

I started going to the combines and watching the players. I also tried to attend as many of the public training camp practices as possible. This year I went to 16 camps. You see, I think it's important to see these players up close and in person to truly assess their athleticism and playmaking abilities. This summer I focused on looking into the player's eyes to see whether or not they have that special something, that killer instinct, that hunger and that desire to play this great game. Sometimes they look back at me, and we both share a moment. In that split second, seeing one another, we both know whether they've made the cut and earned a spot on the team - my fantasy team.

Edited by electricrelish

started playing in 93. have always been a pretty strong player. strategy changes every year, but what has helped me is actually doing my own rankings.. for better or for worse there are players i want on my team and i'll draft them a touch early to ensure i get them.

a few things that have hurt me over the past several year:

- availability of information. when i started playing the innernets was not an option.

- rbbc have made projections much less reliable.

- injuries are more pervasive.

- family. much less time/desire to crunch numbers like i used to. would rather be with them (except on sundays :wacko: )

I started going to the combines and watching the players. I also tried to attend as many of the public training camp practices as possible. This year i went to 16 camps. You see, I think it's important to see these players up close and in person to truly assess their athleticism and playmaking abilities. This summer I focused on looking into the player's eyes to see whether or not they have that special something, that killer instinct, that hunger and that desire to play this great game. Sometimes they look back at me, and we both share a moment. In that split second, seeing one another, we both know whether they've made the cut and earned a spot on the team - my fantasy team.

Thank you for that wonderful insight Borat!

started playing in 93. have always been a pretty strong player. strategy changes every year, but what has helped me is actually doing my own rankings.. for better or for worse there are players i want on my team and i'll draft them a touch early to ensure i get them.

- availability of information. when i started playing the innernets was not an option.

- family. much less time/desire to crunch numbers like i used to. would rather be with them (except on sundays :wacko: )

This is what I'm talking about. Are you still here 'Fried Relish"? Bier, thanks for your input.

Last year was by far my best year. Made the playoffs in almost all, if not all. Won I think 3... And last year was the first year I listened to football talk all year round. I guess I became more an NFL junkie, and it carried over to FF. So take that for what its worth, but apparently it pays to know what goes on all year and not just in the months during the season.

That's good advice, I've always just started paying attention in August. Always get swept up in the sleepers and make them half of my draft, and they end up being a small part of the energy of my team. The best advice I ever got about sleepers was Colston from our very astute New Orleans Homer. I picked him up last on 2 drafts, and was considered a genius.

I didn't start playing until 2004 and I won my first year which got me hooked. This is my 6th year playing, and not to brag but I have won a championship every year except one, and that year I came in second in 2 leagues. Of course I have been playing in 2-3 leagues a year, but I still consider myself a perminant contender.

But anyways...if you really want some advice just shoot me an email at statts70@aol.com because I don't feel like writing it all out right now. I have some good tips that will help you prepare for your draft and some other ideas that might help you throughout the year.

OK, I'm curious as to how one learns how to make projections. I'm assuming you have a formula that you plug into an Excel spreadsheet based on prior performance? I'd like to learn instead of always depending on all my waste management friends for this week's winners.

Edited by electricrelish

I think my meteoric rise in fantasy football started in 2008 when I joined the huddle forum and the comradery of all the people I talked to here really gave me that final boost into immortality that I had been lacking the first 19 years I played.

So this is $300,000 later?

OK, I'm curious as to how one learns how to make projections. I'm assuming you have a formula that you plug into an Excel spreadsheet based on prior performance? I'd like to learn instead of always depending on all my waste management friends for this week's winners.

if you and i were not in a league together i would share that info ........ no formula. no excel spreadsheet.

I simply just took Henry Mutos advice and now all my teams are winners, well except LLD, I didn't have

that advice then.

It is simple "Just Pick Good Players"

How do you know how to pick them? This sounds like start the players that will score the most points.

You tend to get an idea when players are going to be drafted, so you know whether you need to reach earlier for a player. I guess it's like ADP, but actually participating in a mock draft helps a lot. mockdraftcentral.com is a popular place for this type of thing.

Pay very little if any attention to all the posts in here from July-August.

For redrafts, a week of prep work is enough.

Reading posts from people just looking to make a post about a training camp injury, didn't look good in practice, etc....worthless.

If Brentastic likes a running back as much as he loved Maroney last year, stay far away. :wacko:

Draft and don't sweat it. As far as which players will rise to the top.....SWSWSWN.

Pay very little if any attention to all the posts in here from July-August.

For redrafts, a week of prep work is enough.

Reading posts from people just looking to make a post about a training camp injury, didn't look good in practice, etc....worthless.

If Brentastic likes a running back as much as he loved Maroney last year, stay far away. :wacko:

Draft and don't sweat it. As far as which players will rise to the top.....SWSWSWN.

Good advice, thanks for a great post! Wish i had done that from the beginning. Who is "Brentastic"?