[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LT ruled OUT week #2

Footballjoe

FFChamps) The Chargers have ruled out running back LaDainian Tomlinson for this week's game against the Ravens. Tomlinson sprained his right ankle in Week 1 against the Raiders and did not practice all week. Darren Sproles will likely start in his place.

Analysis: No surprise here...not after L.T. limped around in a walking boot all week. Sproles does not make a particularly compelling play against one of the best run defenses in the league. Look for Michael Bennett to see some touches as well, but do not think of using him

Is it just me or does LT never seem to play when he's hurt? Or was that just emphasized so much in the playoffs a couple of years back?

Just seems to me he's always been a bit quick to head to the bench.

Emphasized during the play-offs.

Pretty sure this week's game will be the 2nd time in his career that he'll miss a regular season game. He's been an ironman in the regular season.

I wonder how they will use M-Bennett

They will use Bennett just like they use LT. Bennett is a veteran who looked very good in the preseason. I don't see how he could be any worse than a fragile, slow LT.

Is it just me or does LT never seem to play when he's hurt? Or was that just emphasized so much in the playoffs a couple of years back?

Agree, more or less. He might start/play games, but there have been several years recently where he fizzled around late season.

PS: Is this the same M Bennet ex-Vike? If so he blows and I'd expect basically zero from him.

I'm pretty sure this will be the first regular season game in his entire career that he's missing due to injury. And for a dude to miss a playoff game with injury, you have to figure he's pretty hurt.

ETA: I see he missed a game in 2004. Not sure if it was injury or rest in week 17 and too lazy to look.

Second ETA: I got unlazy. The Chargers rested LT the last game of the 2004 season. So this weekend will be the first regular season game missed due to injury.

Edited by MTSuper7

That stat doesn't show games where he was out for most or large portions of games, though.

not exactly the same but only 20 times in his career has he carried the ball 15 times or fewer...and only 5 times has he had less then 15 touches in a game

They will use Bennett just like they use LT. Bennett is a veteran who looked very good in the preseason. I don't see how he could be any worse than a fragile, slow LT.

You think so? Does Bennet leapfrog Sproles on the depth chart, and Sproles simply gets the same or a similar amount of touches as he was getting?

I think Sproles is too small to be an every down back, maybe even for a game or two, but I'd still think he'd be the lead guy when LT is out - dude is very talented. Hard to expect alot against the Ravens, but I was thinking he'd get maybe 20 touches or so (he got 14 touches last week with LT banged up for much of the second half at least I think - Bennet had zero).