[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Simply the BEST ...

theprofessor

Agreed... He's awesome. Quick, and stronger than he looks at first glance. I'll be cheering for him to win the Heisman, just for a change of pace from all of the QB's who have won in recent years. Assuming Cal takes care of MN today, I think they have a very good shot at getting into the BCS mix this year, as well as knocking off USC at home in a couple of weeks.

Speaking of the best, Eric Decker is an absolute stud as well... great hands, and tough as nails. His first TD catch today was very impressive. I think both guys will make very nice players at the next level.

Best showed some real nice speed to the outside on those last two TD's... FIVE total on the day!! :D

I didn't expect MN to win this game, but I did pick them to stay within 14. Looks like that's going to end up a push. They were in a position to win the game with 8+ minutes to go... but two big plays killed them. The first was when they had the Bears pinned deep, but couldn't prevent them from converting a 3rd and 16 (Cal was inside their own 15 at that point). :D Cal marches down and scores, to go up by seven, then MN throws a pick on the ensuing drive. :wacko:

Overall, though, I've been content with how MN has played. Their defensive line and LB's have played better than the rushing yards against indicate. They've been able to pressure Riley all day and come up with some big plays. Just not talented enough overall to beat a team of Cal's caliber. If they played 10 times, I'm not sure they win any of them... Being tied halfway through the 4th quarter was a position they might not have even expected themselves to be in, and they didn't handle it very well. When your stud WR is 70% of your offense, though, it's hard to show enough balance to keep the opposing defense on their heels.

Decker had a heck of a game, though... 8/122 and 2 TD's, and threw one as well. Got his bell RUNG on the first TD... spitting up blood on the sidelines after. He's a warrior, for sure.

:D for Cal ending their 4-game road losing streak... I think they'll give USC all they can handle in two weeks (although they better not look past going to Oregon next week).

Very excited about Best this year. Been watching him play since he was spelling Forsett as a true freshman, even then his speed was turning heads.

The kid holds several California high school track records, so speed isn't a question. He holds onto the ball and bursts through the hole incredibly fast. Also a great receiving back as well.

Best has Heisman written all over him, and Tedford wants him to win it bad... hence the five touchdowns.

As far as how he'll fare in the NFL... think of Chris Johnson. He's tiny, and can sometimes be less than impressive after the first hit, but if no one can catch him in the first place....

One thing is for sure, USC losing to Washington and Oregon losing to Boise really puts Cal in position to run the table in the Pac-10, and maybe squeeze their way into the top 3.

Edited by kpholmes