[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MFL point spreads

Henry Muto

Their system to figure out the point spreads are a complete joke. I have been figuring out point spreads for 19 years and I was happy to give up those duties considering how much time it took to research each player every week to come up with a relalistic point spread.

Now the system MFL uses is such a waste of time. If you scored 80 pts last week and the other team scored 20 pts your favored by 60 pts this week if both teams use the same line up...wow great system MFL I can get monkeys that can figure that out.

They have another system in place that is more relastic but they don't use it.

They have projected scores which do take into account like the defense they play that week (wow what a concept) and they just don't assume a player will score his average every week (Brees, Peterson hello)

The only thing about projected scoring is they must be projecting the players on steriods or something. I had projections of 66-56 game last week where the final was 24-27. They had projected in the 90s where teams scored in the 50s. Not the greatest system but closer to bad their wasn't away to get those point spreads on the game list. Not as great as me doing them myself but at least somehwhat closer.

CBS has a much more relastic system for spreads.

CBS has a much more relastic system for spreads.

I don't know if Sportsline has a better system or not, but their "projected" scores/spreads are just as inaccurate as MFL's. But, the real question is... who cares? Do you bet on fantasy football games? We glance at them in my work league, just so we can do a little ribbing between co-workers, but other than that, point spreads on any fantasy site are worthless. :wacko:

Subject - Verb Agreement Fail

:wacko:

:D sometimes my fingers can't keep up

I have some extra free time on my hands this year using the MFL site I don't have to take 3 leagues worth of waiver moves, line up via email, ect.

Also I am only in 14 total leagues a far cry from the 27 I was in last year so I can take some extra naps on Saturday's now, watch some poker, go play some tennis, ect.

Especially since all 14 leagues work the same way Friday night deadlines for waiver moves kinda takes out the Saturday interest. In all the big boy contests like WCFF and NFFC once you do your Friday night waivers your stuck and can't even pick anyone else up which I don't like but I didn't make the rules so the time to research for pick ups is throughout the week which I do all night Thurs and all night Friday until I can't think straigtht then when I miss out on some players via the bid process I kick myself all night watch poker until 3 AM and then wake up fresh the next afternoon after a hard week's work at both my job and fantasy football.

So as you can see Saturday's are now a walk in the park for me all I need to do is set my line ups and there really is nothing more do to except talk with you fellow members which is 1 of my great joys in life

i was just ribbing you since you said in another thread you would barely have 2 RBs or something like that

So the guy I am playing this week got a zero last week and MFL has made me a 157 point favorite.

I am thinking of taking him and the points.

You go ahead and do that, Pete Rose.

I have some extra free time on my hands this year using the MFL site I don't have to take 3 leagues worth of waiver moves, line up via email, ect.

Also I am only in 14 total leagues a far cry from the 27 I was in last year so I can take some extra naps on Saturday's now, watch some poker, go play some tennis, ect.

Especially since all 14 leagues work the same way Friday night deadlines for waiver moves kinda takes out the Saturday interest. In all the big boy contests like WCFF and NFFC once you do your Friday night waivers your stuck and can't even pick anyone else up which I don't like but I didn't make the rules so the time to research for pick ups is throughout the week which I do all night Thurs and all night Friday until I can't think straigtht then when I miss out on some players via the bid process I kick myself all night watch poker until 3 AM and then wake up fresh the next afternoon after a hard week's work at both my job and fantasy football.

So as you can see Saturday's are now a walk in the park for me all I need to do is set my line ups and there really is nothing more do to except talk with you fellow members which is 1 of my great joys in life

:wacko::D:D:D:D:2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents:

The only fantasy football point spread I care about is on Tuesday morning.

The only fantasy football point spread I care about is Henry Muto's

Edited by Menudo

Henry Muto - it's hard to defend you with posts like this. I like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt but you're making it really hard. I still fail to believe that you can be in so many leagues and actually be a productive member of soceity. Have you ever gone to a movie? Gone on a date? Kissed a girl? Held down a full time job? IF you do have a job, is it only to support you're fantasy football addiction? Do we here in the Huddle need to have an intervention?

Or mabye you're just 15 years old, which in that case I can understand. What is your story?

Henry Muto - it's hard to defend you with posts like this. I like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt but you're making it really hard. I still fail to believe that you can be in so many leagues and actually be a productive member of soceity. Have you ever gone to a movie? Gone on a date? Kissed a girl? Held down a full time job? IF you do have a job, is it only to support you're fantasy football addiction? Do we here in the Huddle need to have an intervention?

Or mabye you're just 15 years old, which in that case I can understand. What is your story?

I have to wonder as well. Here is Muto's team he posted in the advice column. He is playing against a bunch of morans if he can draft this kind of team, but he claims he is playing for 10's of thousands of dollars. He's got Brady, Roth, Moss, C. Johnson, Boldin, Royal, K. Smith, Wells, and Hightower.

I get P-Thomas & Breaston I give up Royal & Roethlisberger

50/50 scoring league

My current QB is Brady

My best RB's are Kevin Smith, Wells and Hightower with Mike Bell and Maroney being the next best RB's

My WR's are Randy Moss , Calvin Johnson, Boldin

I start 2 RB's, 3 WR's, 1 flex

Tell me why I should not make this deal.

Tos, I tend to agree until you start the bashing. not that he doesn't deserve all that rains down on him but...

Sugar, that team looks like it should if he went with a QB and two wideouts in rounds 1-3. Though a stretch, it still might be done. Not one of his High Dollar leagues, obviously. They'd know better

Can't believe I defended him but...

Edited by loaf

Tos, I tend to agree until you start the bashing. not that he doesn't deserve all that rains down on him but...

Sugar, that team looks like it should if he went with a QB and two wideouts in rounds 1-3. Though a stretch, it still might be done. Not one of his High Dollar leagues, obviously. They'd know better

Can't believe I defended him but...

Yeah, the weak RBs make it SOUND legit, but looking at the roster he went Brady, Moss, Megatron, Boldin in the first 4 rounds.

Uh, I don't think so. Not that it's a bad idea, I just think those guys are gone by the mid-3rd. At the latest.

Yeah, the weak RBs make it SOUND legit, but looking at the roster he went Brady, Moss, Megatron, Boldin in the first 4 rounds.

Uh, I don't think so. Not that it's a bad idea, I just think those guys are gone by the mid-3rd. At the latest.

then he got K. Smith in the 5th, E. Royal in the 6th and Rothlisberger in the 7th, Wells in the 8th, and Hightower in the 9th? :wacko:

then he got K. Smith in the 5th, E. Royal in the 6th and Rothlisberger in the 7th, Wells in the 8th, and Hightower in the 9th? :wacko:

that's still plausible depending on how early this draft was. In early August, that is pretty dead on. When did Hightower go in your 10 team redraft?

Here's where hightower went in a huddle 12 team redraft league

11.02 122 Hightower, Tim ARI RB Wed Sep 2 9:49:18 p.m. ET 2009

Edited by loaf

I find it interesting that you are discussing my team and the validity of my league I am in. That is fine by me I have no problem with it I just find it interesting that so many of you love to hate me. Just because I post something about point spreads on a site. I am not sure how many others of you have been a commish of a league that was not run online but if you were did you ever do point spreads ? Did you ever take pride in trying to get as close to possible the final scores ? Maybe I am just strange in that I did take pride in doing that and I was a little set off by the way a programable site would do it when they have access to all the info they need in the world for a quick way to get a more accurate spread.

Love to hate you? :wacko:

Complaining about something as meaningless as NFL point spreads have some of us scratching our heads.

Edited by Randall