[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bengalas @ Packers

Randall

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/articl...9043/1058/PKR01

Barbre Might Be A Target, But So Will Bengals Right Tackle Collins

1. Though Packers fans will be watching right tackle Allen Barbre after he gave up two sacks and two quarterback hits last week against Chicago, they also should keep a close eye on Bengals right tackle Anthony Collins against outside linebacker Aaron Kampman. Collins gave up two sacks last week against Denver and appears especially susceptible to bull rushes. Kampman is as technically good an outside rusher as anyone in the NFL and has a good power rush. He’s scrutinized Collins on game tape and could be a problem for Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer, or at least force the Bengals to keep a tight end or running back in as an extra blocker.

Packers Likely To Try To Exploit Safety Roy Williams

2. The weak link in the Bengals’ secondary is safety Roy Williams, who’s a head hunter in run defense but a liability in pass coverage. Look for Cincinnati to try to hide him or blitz him, and for the Packers to try to exploit him. Tight end Jermichael Finley can challenge Williams on seam routes, and receivers Greg Jennings and Donald Driver can stretch him downfield.

Bengals' Receiver Henry Also Is A Playmaking Threat

3. Any time the Bengals play, receiver Chad Ochocinco gets most of the attention, not only off the field, but because he’s their biggest playmaking threat. But another receiver to keep an eye on is fifth-year pro Chris Henry. Henry hasn’t had much of an NFL career — his season high for receptions is 35 — mostly because of a long list of off-field, alcohol-related problems. But at |6-foot-4 and 200 pounds, he has noteworthy talent. He had four touchdown catches in the preseason, and though he’s the No. 3 or No. 4 receiver, could be in for something of a breakthrough season.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Barbre will step up this week, but I also bet they have a back-up(Giacomini) active as well. I think our D will be fairly dominate, the Bengals only scored 7 against Denver's D and the Packs D looked incredible. Also Rodgers even said that the O wasn't in sych last week except for the game winning TD, I think we'll come out with guns blazing:) I also dare Chad Johnson (will not address him by his other name, he's a jackass) to attempt a Lambeau leap if he scores, he'll get at least a dozen beers dumped on him and thrown right out of the stands. Actually I'd like to see that, then hear him cry about it on twitter during the game which causes him to get a hefty fine, he's such a jackass.

Randall....whats your take on the Packers overall D this year?

I think I see some great talent here and there but do they have enough for a v good/great team D?

Seems like they have potential to be a smashmouth/scary/make you think twice D.... :wacko:

I think this year they will be solid... Next year I see them being the scary/make you think twice Defense. Dom Capers is my hero.

I think Barbre will step up this week, but I also bet they have a back-up(Giacomini) active as well. I think our D will be fairly dominate, the Bengals only scored 7 against Denver's D and the Packs D looked incredible. Also Rodgers even said that the O wasn't in sych last week except for the game winning TD, I think we'll come out with guns blazing:) I also dare Chad Johnson (will not address him by his other name, he's a jackass) to attempt a Lambeau leap if he scores, he'll get at least a dozen beers dumped on him and thrown right out of the stands. Actually I'd like to see that, then hear him cry about it on twitter during the game which causes him to get a hefty fine, he's such a jackass.

I think Barbre better step up and fast. I would have him on a short leash. I don't care if it's your first start, you do not utilize the look out block when protecting the franchise.

And as far as Ochocinco goes... I guess I'm one of the few who doesn't have any problem with him.

Randall....whats your take on the Packers overall D this year?

I think I see some great talent here and there but do they have enough for a v good/great team D?

Seems like they have potential to be a smashmouth/scary/make you think twice D.... :wacko:

I think they do. They have 6 or 7 (with Kampman) LB'ers that can make a difference. Like Pirates said next year should be better but Capers has taken over teams and made the defense top 10 his first year.

yup, i have a ton of RESPECT for Capers....didn't like seeing him go.

That's one reason i asked, they have the chess master, just wondering what pieces they have on the board.

Raji can be a beast and has potential to be special player.... fun to watch at BC

with the Pack moving more to a 3-4, they will need a truck like him in the middle to help

all the LB talent.

cheers

yup, i have a ton of RESPECT for Capers....didn't like seeing him go.

That's one reason i asked, they have the chess master, just wondering what pieces they have on the board.

Raji can be a beast and has potential to be special player.... fun to watch at BC

with the Pack moving more to a 3-4, they will need a truck like him in the middle to help

all the LB talent.

cheers

3-4 looks great today.

Wow. Bengals were bad last week...

Where are the TT and MM fans now?

They got totally outplayed. Blame it on injuries, blame it on officials, etc. Either way, they got outplayed.

Finley screwed up their chances in the last, but it was a longshot.

The OL really needs help, but then again TT is a genius and his depth will help, right??

They got totally outplayed. Blame it on injuries, blame it on officials, etc. Either way, they got outplayed.

The OL really needs help, but then again TT is a genius and his depth will help, right??

Go away. What little respect I had left for you is now gone.

Maybe the biggest cunt on the message boards.

Ted Thompson had nothing to do with the loss, you fool. No, Mike McCarthy didn't have the best day coaching. I think they got away from the run too early and made Antwan Odom look like the greatest defensive player of all time. Early drops from Jennings and Finley will be corrected, but the tackles have to be fived. O-Gun and Odom have done way too much damage for two games.

The defense is a work in progress, and I'm fairly certain that Cedric Benson is running as hard as he has since he's been in the league.

Ed, you can run your mouth and act like a bitch all you want, but in the end, it's one game.

Glad the Bengals hung on, they outplayed the Packers. Odom and Benson were golden this week.

Benson has looked awesome two weeks in a row. I guess almost being out of the league put some fire into him. Never thought I would associate the word "punishing" with Cedric Benson. Don't forget to mention Chad Ochocinco. He played great as well, and I thought his leap was pretty funny.

Anyone know the last time a player got five sacks in a game? :wacko:

The game wasn't televised over here, and as I kept up with it on NFL.com's gamecast, I realized that I was glad I couldn't see it with my own eyes.

How many did Odom get on Clifton and how many on Colledge?

Didn't keep count but Clifton went out pretty early. I believe it was 1 on Clifton and 2 on College.

When the pack starts out the game the way they did today I worry. When they do it doesn't seem they are up for the game.