[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

F'k Directv!

jaxfactor

So I was in Vegas last weekend and wasn't home to watch Sunday Ticket. I go to turn it on today, and a screen pops up that says I'm unable to get it because I have an old reciever. I don't have HD TV and had recently called because ESPN was f'king up. Now the guy knew I had an old receiver, so why the hell didn't he tell me this? :wacko: Trying to call to cancel Sunday Ticket and I get busy signals. This really pisses me off.

I've got the Ticket, but all of the HD channels, RZ channel, game mix, etc. say that I have not ordered them... Really pissing me off. Last week was the free preview, and I never even thought about calling DirecTV to make sure they wouldn't screw this up. I was one of many who called months ago, telling them that I wanted to cancel, in order to get them to offer me the free super fan package if I kept it. They gladly agreed to do this at the time, and I double-checked with the person I spoke to, about three times, to clarify that I was all set up with the complete package (super-fan included).

Today, I've called about five times already... the first time, the automated voice tells me that they have no record of an account linked to my phone number (this is the same number I give them every time I call... never been an issue before :D ). The next 3-4 times, I get them to transfer me to a live person in customer service, only for it to be a busy signal, or just getting a message that the "person you have called can not be reached at this time." What a frickin joke.

Oh well... I'm not going to waste my time trying to get through to them right now. Maybe I'll call a little later, but for now, I guess I'll just watch the games without HD, and no RZ channel. :D I'll be sure to give them a piece of my mind when I can actually get in touch with somebody there, though. My guess is they'll offer us three more months of free Showtime... I think we're already up to six months as it is, for various f-ck-ups on their part. :wacko:

I called today as I wasn't getting the HD channels. They resent the authorization and I was all set. It took five minutes.

I'm assuming you were able to actually talk to somebody? That's the problem I'm having... I'm sure their customer service is getting bombarded, so I can't get through.

Good luck getting your subscription cancelled. I recently lost my job and as the NFL Ticket is necessary in my opinion, my wife said it's not. We tried to cancel it and the response (from 4 different representatives) was, "as it's the policy from DirecTV, once you subscribe to it and we bill you - regardless if you pay in one lump sum, or have it spread out over a few months, you cannot cancel it."

We argued with them for about a week (before the season started) and were told that they're sorry I was laid off, but there's nothing they can do. They wil contine to bill us until it's paid in full.

Think this is the last year we will have DirecTV.