[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

how to combat FF depression?

RylenolFlu

Anyone else get really depressed when you come up just short?

I'm down by 10 points in a PPR league and I have Addai, he has Devone Bess. The catch: I had Hasselbeck...

While probably not clinically depressed, I feel really, really sad right now and not having a girlfriend definitely makes things worse. I feel like going to McDonald's and pigging out. Any thoughts?

Jesus.

I was pretty depressed with my 3 losses today, as well as the game I'm winning that may yet be a loss as well. Then a buddy called and said that he played against Chris Johnson in all 3 of his leagues today. I'm still depressed, but at least I'm not alone.

I'm down by 10 points in a PPR league and I have Addai, he has Devone Bess. The catch: I had Hasselbeck...

While probably not clinically depressed, I feel really, really sad right now and not having a girlfriend definitely makes things worse. I feel like going to McDonald's and pigging out. Any thoughts?

Jesus.

I have many thoughts. However, none of them would be helpful. Well, except one--there may be a correlation between how sad you are over a fantasy football game and the fact that you do not have a girlfriend.

Look on the bright side ... all a girlfriend would likely add to the equation is someone yapping at you about sitting on front of the TV all day Sunday watching the games ...your glass is half-full dude, you just don't realize it.

Go crank up the FalloutBoy tunes on the iPod and go get 'em next week in FF.

Edited by ts

I'm at McDonalds right now. Getting the Angus deluxe. I could easily bypass getting a soda as I have 30 bottles of water at home but I need something sweet to rid myself of this dark, dreary feeling. I've changed my Yahoo Avatar to a pic of Joseph Addai in the hopes that this man might help me win my game.

To all my fantasy friends that lost a close one today, you're not alone in your sadness.

Look on the bright side ... all a girlfriend would likely add to the equation is someone yapping at you about sitting on front of the TV all day Sunday watching the games ...your glass is half-full dude, you just don't realize it.

I guess some GFs would act that way. My ex actually did fist pumps whenever my guys scored. The nostalgia of that isn't the worst thing I've ever felt but what happened to Hasselbeck (now named Had-a-back) just crushes me. My backup is Matt Ryan (12 team ppr) so I suppose things could be worse but all is still very tragic.

I need to stress the fact that I'm not an emo kid and not usually one of those guys to complain, I'm just a competitor that has a really hard time finding the positives in a loss.

Jesus.

I got knocked out of the semi finals of the playoffs a few years ago when Warner was like, 10-10 in the first quarter, got hurt and never came back. I lost by 6 points. It's week 2. Get over it.

Like I've said before: FF is 95% luck and 5% luck.

Drink a beer, get naked with your angus burger, take a picture and send it to your ex. That'll show her.

I don't like drinking beer with my angus burger, but I'm definitely going to chug a Mr. Pibb. She married 2 months after dumping me so she pretty much wins in the "that'll show you" department.

Thanks for the support guys. If anyone else has any horrible feelings to share, FF related, I'm all ears.

It's just FF. With time you won't even remember losing today and other things in life that really do matter will overshadow FF. That said, I lost a couple games today if not 3 so I'm certainly not exactly thrilled. But, I'll get over it. The best way to channel your depression is to maybe go work out and then hit the WW and do your best to win next week by making some shrewd pickups. You could also go hang out with some friends, or hang with the significant other if you have one. If you have kids, spends some time with 'em. :wacko: