[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is BENSON for real?

1stand10

He's legit. He's running with power and id punishing defenders that attempt to tackle him. His ego seems to have taken a backseat and he's learned a lot from nearly being out of the league last year. The guy is starting to deliver on the potential he had coming out of Texas. He's also one of the few guys that is going to get 25 touches every week. So yes, he is for real.

He used a lot of sarcasm to deal with Kraus, Clayton, and the idiot governor, but yes, he was for real. If you can get your hands on the director's cut DVD of season 3, he bangs the crap out of Marcy several times, great stuff.

:wacko:

Who would you trade for him? I was thinking about offering Benson to the Forte owner.? I have LT and CJ... Who else would be a good buy low Rb? or WR?

okay, let';s not get carried away here...!!

yes, Benson is off to a great start, don't get me wrong........!! But it IS Cedric Benson........hoping that he lasts a full season, and is productive....but you are talking about a guy that was most likely drafted in the 6th round or so and offering him for a RB (forte) that was probably a top 5 pick???

I was criticized by other owners at the beginning of the year because i offered the Forte and Turner owner Gore for either one...got a ton of abuse....(laffing now!!)

but, not sure if im a Forte owner I pull the trigger for benson...if he does, you are a shrewd salesman!

I don't think he will be a stud this year.... but there aren't a lot of guys that get 95% of the carries in the NFL. Anyone who watched the game yesterday had to be impressed with the Cincy O-Line. He has some tough division matchups, but the Bengals are committed to running the ball and at worst he will get 20 touches every week. I think he will finish as a top 15 back this year.

okay, let';s not get carried away here...!!

yes, Benson is off to a great start, don't get me wrong........!! But it IS Cedric Benson........hoping that he lasts a full season, and is productive....but you are talking about a guy that was most likely drafted in the 6th round or so and offering him for a RB (forte) that was probably a top 5 pick???

I was criticized by other owners at the beginning of the year because i offered the Forte and Turner owner Gore for either one...got a ton of abuse....(laffing now!!)

but, not sure if im a Forte owner I pull the trigger for benson...if he does, you are a shrewd salesman!

I understand being criticized BEFORE the season, but we are talking in season now. The Forte owner might reconsider your offer now, Turner owner not so much, he had a nice bounce back game.

Forte being a top 5 pick?? true but what has he done lately?? 8) I love that saying. I'm just saying a owner might consider this deal. If they are 0-2 nothing on the bench for rb's? Just a thought

I understand being criticized BEFORE the season, but we are talking in season now. The Forte owner might reconsider your offer now, Turner owner not so much, he had a nice bounce back game.

Forte being a top 5 pick?? true but what has he done lately?? 8) I love that saying. I'm just saying a owner might consider this deal. If they are 0-2 nothing on the bench for rb's? Just a thought

the big question is, not sure i would do the Gore for Forte trade now!!

Let's put on our thinking cap here...

So far, and against Denver* and Green Bay (two decent defenses), Benson:

- is tied for the most rushing attempts in the league (50);

- is 6th in total rushing yards (217);

- has 4.3 YPC (better than Tomlinson, Leon Washington, Portis, Grant, McFadden, Turner, Kevin Smith, "Fast" Willie Parker, or Forte); and

- has (roughly) the 4th easiest schedule against the run from Week 3 through Week 16.

We'll see what he does against the Steelers next week, but everything seems for real right now. And I hate Benson, as a person.

* Don't laugh at Denver. Much. Traditionally a leak run DEF, they allowed Cleveland only 54 rushing yards and no rushing TDs in Week 2.