[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Barber NOT out for the year

euphy

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SJax missed a month last year with a quad strain - for a RB, I don't think there's such thing as a strained quad that isn't serious for fantasy football purposes. I'm betting Barber misses at least 1 game.

I saw how fast he went down. I'm guessing he's injured bad enough to be out a minimum of one to two games.

Fixed for my leagues

I work with someone who is in a league where you can pick up players at anytime even on Sunday's during games. Redonkulous! I would never play in a league like that...even though I would probably be the primary benificiary on it since I am glued to my tv/computer during every play of every game.

HM is a fly? Only way to watch every play at the same time as they happen.

And since he was dominated in nearly every game this week, this is the result.

:wacko:

Is that you whistling or ball-washing H8tank? 'Cause that's the only issue I have with you and the toast thing. It's someone else in particular's shtick. That's really it.

The Muto thing, on the other hand, has grown to huddle legend status, like hugh and, was the frog as big as a dog. Well, that and he keeps giving us so damned many unique and special chances. Quite a stretch, indeed, from excitedly yelling, "You make toast!" every time someone says something you don't agree with.

the latest, per KFFL:

Cowboys | Barber has 50-50 chance to play in Week 3

Comment (0)

Tue, 22 Sep 2009 09:38:23 -0700

Matt Mosley, of ESPN.com, reports Dallas Cowboys RB Marion Barber III (quadriceps) has a "50-50" chance to play in the team's Week 3 game, according to a league source. The Cowboys will see how Barber's strained quadriceps responds to treatment over the next few days and then make a decision.

Link

the latest, per KFFL:

Comment (0)

Matt Mosley, of ESPN.com, reports Dallas Cowboys RB Marion Barber III (quadriceps) has a "50-50" chance to play in the team's Week 3 game, according to a league source. The Cowboys will see how Barber's strained quadriceps responds to treatment over the next few days and then make a decision.

Link

A link to actual news! :wacko:

the latest, per KFFL:

Comment (0)

Link

I updated the title

Latest rumor says he will miss a week or two. From Rotoworld:

Newy Scruggs of NBC 5 in Dallas-Ft. Worth is reporting that Marion Barber's quadriceps injury will keep him out of action for one to two weeks.

Scruggs has team connections as a local sports anchor who hosts a radio show on the Cowboys station. The 1-2 week timetable has not been reported elsewhere, though, so it's far from concrete. If true, expect Felix Jones to start and split carries with Tashard Choice against the Panthers this week. Both backs would be worth using as flex plays against Carolina's struggling run defense.

A quad strain is a torn muscle. The severity of the tear, which oddly hasn't been revealed, will go a long way to how much time will be missed. Barber just runs so hard and plants and cuts so violentley, I don't see how this won't be an issue. S.Jackson missed 4 weeks with a quad strain last year and the Rams had no where near the quality RB's Dallas has in line for carries. Barber was never close to the player he was after his toe injury last year, and everyone knows how lethal Felix Jones is and Choice was massively effective against the Steelers, Giants, and Ravens in the full time role last year.

A quad strain is a torn muscle. The severity of the tear, which oddly hasn't been revealed, will go a long way to how much time will be missed. Barber just runs so hard and plants and cuts so violentley, I don't see how this won't be an issue. S.Jackson missed 4 weeks with a quad strain last year and the Rams had no where near the quality RB's Dallas has in line for carries. Barber was never close to the player he was after his toe injury last year, and everyone knows how lethal Felix Jones is and Choice was massively effective against the Steelers, Giants, and Ravens in the full time role last year.

I think you're right.

It seems like teams like to downplay injuries. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's to provide some kind of competitive advantage although i'm not exactly sure what it is.

KXAS-TV is reporting that Cowboys RB Marion Barber will miss at least one game with a quadriceps injury suffered late in Week 2 vs. the Giants. Barber was running toward the end zone in the fourth quarter when he came up lame and fell to the Cowboys Stadium turf. The report adds that he could also be out for Week 4 because of the injury.

100% correct - I'd be surprised if he's playing by week 5.