[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Barber NOT out for the year

euphy

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barber Out 1-2 Weeks With Injured Quad

Print Email Share Buzz up!TWITTER FACEBOOK

Getty Images NBC 5 and Blue-Star's own Newy Scruggs has reported that Marion Barber, who went down in the fourth quarter of Sunday night's loss to the Giants, will miss one to two weeks with a quadriceps injury.

This is a blow for the Cowboys, to be sure, but it could have certainly been worse. The play in question saw Barber come up lame on a run that might have resulted in a Cowboys touchdown otherwise; instead, Barber pulled up, hobbled for about five yards before crumpling to the turf at Cowboys Stadium.

Lucky for Dallas, there are three immensely talented running backs on the roster; with Barber down, Tashard Choice and Felix Jones should see increased carries. Both have looked promising thus far, making timely contributions behind Barber, who has been the team's horse on offense.

Still, one would be hard-pressed to overlook what Barber's done over the first two games. Barber has looked, pretty much unquestionably, as good as he has since 2007, the last time he went to the Pro Bowl. In 32 carries over the first two games of the year, Barber has amassed 203 yards and 2 touchdowns, while averaging 6.3 yards a carry.

Suffice it to say, depth or not, this is a sizeable loss for Dallas, the magnitude of which wasn't lost on Barber's running mate, Choice.

"First, I hate to see him go down, I hate to have to play for one of my teammates getting hurt," said Choice. "I didn't know he was gonna score on that game, I saw that on sportscenter -- he had a heck of a game. He looked good, on a roll. [it will be] interesting to see how it's gonna turn around this week."

BY Scott Crisp // 2 hours ago

I say he'll be out 2-4 weeks and ya probably till after the bye week. Jones is the man next week but we'll see if he can hold up since he was injured last year. Good thing I was saving him on the bench

Remember late last season when they said that Barber was probable for every game. I remember it was the championship game for me, and they said Barber was starting. Thankfully, I started Choice instead, but Barber did start the game. He only got a few carries before Choice replaced him, but if they play that game this time, it will be difficult for owners to know what to do.

After seeing how Barber pulled up lame I would be shocked if he played this week.. the 50/50 is BS gamesmanship.

In fact I doubt he is back in two weeks becuase brining him back too soon could easily cause the injury to linger or become worse.

The question is who is the more valuable RB CHOICE or JONES?

Are there any complications with quadricep injuries ?

Some possible complications can be (1) prolonged healing time if activity is resumed too soon, (2) proneness to repeated injury, (3) Loss of the ability to quickly accelerate and decelerate, (4) inflammation at the attachment to bone (periostitis); or prolonged disability (weakness). With a first-time injury, proper care and sufficient healing time before resuming activity should prevent permanent disability.

How long does a quadricep injury take to heal ?

Torn ligaments and tendons require as long to heal as fractured bones do.

The average healing times are: (1) mild strain - 2 to 10 days, (2) moderate strain - 10 days to 6 weeks, (3) severe strain - 6 to 10 weeks. The complications listed above are more likely to occur in the case of repeated injuries.

Here is the latest:

According to the team's website, the Cowboys' Tuesday addition of Chauncey Washington to their practice squad is unrelated to concerns about Marion Barber's strained quadriceps.

According to ESPN.com's Matt Mosley, Marion Barber (quadriceps) still hopes to play against the Panthers after receiving treatment Tuesday morning.

KXAS-TV had reported that Barber will miss 1-2 weeks, but they were only the ones reporting that timeline. ESPN's Ed Werder, who has ties to the Cowboys organization, calls Barber "day to day." The decision on Barber's Week 3 status may go down to the wire on Monday, so fantasy owners should pursue alternatives.

Regardless... methinks he'll be out at least one week or have extremely limited play time. The possibility is also high that his injury may be worse than he's having you believe...

Some inside info for ya all,

"Barber is walking Fine around the complex and you can't tell at all he is injured" this is walking mind you. He spent the day getting treatment with high spirits and wants to play if he can run full speed by Saturday. He felt it give and instint pain and to his credit shut himself down immediatley not knowing what happened instead of going for the touchdown. This from Dallas insider who will remain unamed for his sake.

Choice and Jones will start and they will not put Barber in jeapordy like last year and bring him back to soon.

I expect Barber to be out from what I heard through the bye week at most. They won't need him against the next two opponents after Carolina. If we lose to Carolina and Choice and Jones can't carry the load Barber may be rushed back for threat sake like last year.

I am starting Jones this week and the next.

Some inside info for ya all,

"Barber is walking Fine around the complex and you can't tell at all he is injured" this is walking mind you. He spent the day getting treatment with high spirits and wants to play if he can run full speed by Saturday. He felt it give and instint pain and to his credit shut himself down immediatley not knowing what happened instead of going for the touchdown. This from Dallas insider who will remain unamed for his sake.

Choice and Jones will start and they will not put Barber in jeapordy like last year and bring him back to soon.

I expect Barber to be out from what I heard through the bye week at most. They won't need him against the next two opponents after Carolina. If we lose to Carolina and Choice and Jones can't carry the load Barber may be rushed back for threat sake like last year.

I am starting Jones this week and the next.

Very glad I was able to snag Choice, I think he's going to see a lot of action.

When I saw the replay, this was the first thing that came to my mind. It's quite possible that he felt something odd that actually meant nothing.

Remember Forté in camp, felt something "pop" in his hammy and while that sounds bad, it wasn't anything serious?

I don't know.... It looked like his entire leg went limp as he grabbed. I think there might be more to it than is being reported.

Video here

Barber says he is fine and should be ready to go on Monday.

Link

Click on the Marion Barber inteveiw. Third down on the right. once you click link.

Says"' I'm good today, I'll be good tommorow, I'l be good on Monday, I'm good............."

Edited by Cowboyz1

Barber says he is fine and should be ready to go on Monday.

Link

he mentiones in the video that we was on his way to get a workout in, and here is he result of it, per KFFL:

Cowboys | Barber does work during practice WednesdayComment (0)

Wed, 23 Sep 2009 12:57:08 -0700

Clarence E. Hill Jr., of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, reports Dallas Cowboys RB Marion Barber III (quadriceps) caught passes and did some individual drills during the media-access portion of practice Wednesday, Sept. 23. Barber said he is feeling good already.

Fixed for my leagues

I work with someone who is in a league where you can pick up players at anytime even on Sunday's during games. Redonkulous! I would never play in a league like that...even though I would probably be the primary benificiary on it since I am glued to my tv/computer during every play of every game.

That's nothing newb, my leagues are so deep we don't have a waiver wire, every rostered NFL player, on offense and defense, gets drafted. It's a live draft and we get it done in 45 minutes. Next year if we have an opening I'll invite you. The league fee is $32,000, so you'd better start mowing some lawns. Later. :gangsign: