[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The official Auburn thread

polksalet

I've mentioned them in a couple other threads but no one seems interested in commenting. Auburn has maybe the greaestest offensie mind in college football in Malzhan. They have a great passing qb in Todd with probably the best running qb in the country in Burns. This is the first time Malzahn has had talent like this and he he is ding extremely well. He has stomped Miss St., come from behind on WVU and destroyed La. Tech.

They as always have massive talent on D and the D might even be playing better than the offense.

SO I ask, why not Auburn? I put them dead even with the Nutts and Bama in the west. Because of the edge in coaching I really think they will win the west and give Tebow a serious run in the SEC championship game.

What do ya think and why?

I've mentioned them in a couple other threads but no one seems interested in commenting. Auburn has maybe the greaestest offensie mind in college football in Malzhan. They have a great passing qb in Todd with probably the best running qb in the country in Burns. This is the first time Malzahn has had talent like this and he he is ding extremely well. He has stomped Miss St., come from behind on WVU and destroyed La. Tech.

They as always have massive talent on D and the D might even be playing better than the offense.

SO I ask, why not Auburn? I put them dead even with the Nutts and Bama in the west. Because of the edge in coaching I really think they will win the west and give Tebow a serious run in the SEC championship game.

What do ya think and why?

Solid points and yet another reason why they shouldn't try to rank teams until week 5 or so.

I gotta disagree. If it wasn't for the gift turnovers Auburn doesn't win Saturday night. Yes, they beat my Mountaineers, but did anyone really expect them (WV) to be more than an 8-9 win team this year? I didn't, and it could be as few as 7. I don't think Auburn is that great a team, I just think WV is worse. :wacko:

I do agree on holding off the rankings a few weeks until things settle out though. What's the point? The schedules are set FAR ahead of the rankings.

Gus is the man. We would have lost that game to WVU last year 50-7. He is truly a miracle worker. The offense has improved so dramatically it is just unreal.

And this man named westvirginia refuses to give AU credit for helping to force all those turnovers. AU gave up two quick scores and 150 yards in the first 5 minutes. After that it was all Auburn 41-16. since we're making excuses I blamed that slow start on the rain delay :p

Gus is the man. We would have lost that game to WVU last year 50-7. He is truly a miracle worker. The offense has improved so dramatically it is just unreal.

And this man named westvirginia refuses to give AU credit for helping to force all those turnovers. AU gave up two quick scores and 150 yards in the first 5 minutes. After that it was all Auburn 41-16. since we're making excuses I blamed that slow start on the rain delay :p

I always get a kick out of that. You always hear coaches about needing the D to make plays, to get off the field. Then when a team loses because they turn it over or fail to convert 3rd downs, it's as is if some force of nature magically made that happen. Heaven forbid some jumped a route and picked a ball off, or a QB spent the whole day running for his life, or dudes were swarming the ball and knocking dude's heads off.

I always get a kick out of that. You always hear coaches about needing the D to make plays, to get off the field. Then when a team loses because they turn it over or fail to convert 3rd downs, it's as is if some force of nature magically made that happen. Heaven forbid some jumped a route and picked a ball off, or a QB spent the whole day running for his life, or dudes were swarming the ball and knocking dude's heads off.

I don't think that was the case. Auburn's D could do NOTHING with WV in the first half. They didn't look any better at the start of the second half. Not only that, but their tackling was awful.

If it makes you feel any better, Auburn was CLEARLY the better team. But they aren't any better than 4th or 5th in the SEC guys. But what the hell do I know. :wacko:

• 3 weeks later...
WVU is worse than Auburn, Auburn beat WVU. Doesn't matter what Arkansas did to Auburn, that has nothing to do with an argument pertaining to Auburn-West Virginia.

Dude, did you read the entire thread? I have already said, more than once, that I agreed with that. Polk was saying Auburn was gonna be a good team, and I was disagreeing and indicated that WV wasn't as good as they thought. :wacko: