[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mistakes made

gilthorp

Two games in and I think it's easy to find your flaws in the drafts.

Biggest mistakes made: (various leagues)

1. Drafting DeAngelo Williams over Chris Johnson.

2. Drafting Tom Brady in the 2nd round instead of a 1WR or a 2RB.

3. Drafting Calvin Johnson over Reggie Wayne....still early, but I think this will be tough all year on me.

4. Not keeping Thomas Jones for a 3rd round pick.

I'm sure there's more, but these reek the most so far.

What do you have? Awesome drafters with no mistakes need not respond. :wacko:

1. Drafting DeAngelo Williams over Chris Johnson.

3. Drafting Calvin Johnson over Reggie Wayne....still early, but I think this will be tough all year on me.

4. Not keeping Thomas Jones for a 3rd round pick.

I'm sure there's more, but these reek the most so far.

What do you have? Awesome drafters with no mistakes need not respond. :wacko:

Drafting R Brown and R Rice too early..... and stepping in chit by later getting R Williams and MaGahee later on in a flex league. They were drafted as handcuffs. Now I use the flex to start both RB's from Miami OR the Ravens along with my #1 RB, Gore in that league. I made mistakes.... but this start two thing is werkin ok so far. Wish I could say I planned it.... but I'll ride it out by starting either the Ravens duo, or the Miami boys each week.

The biggest mistake is judging your season after two weeks. I was the high score in week one, second to lowest in week two. How can you grade your season based on that? Revisit this in week 7...

agreed. in my main money league, i had the lowest score in week 1, and in week 2 i doubled it (but still lost ... grrr). in another league, i had second-lowest in week 1, and this week i set the record for highest single-week score. last week i cursed myself for taking chris johnson and ronnie brown, and this week i love them.

I reached for Whosyomama due to a big run on WR's along with the name and history - and me thinks I will end up regretting it rather than taking a top 5 TE.

Once Cutler was traded to Chicago I was not a believer in Forte anymore. It's only 2 weeks - but it's gonna be a LONG season for those who took him as your #1.

All in all though - I think it's still WAY too early to tell. I mean stud WR's like Wayne and Jennings getting theirs in week 1, and then both combining for 2 catches for 20 yards in week 2. Wayne however is gonna have a rough go at it until Garcon can really step into his own.

Ditto...it will be sad if he ends up with 800 / 4.

I handcuffed him with sproles so all may not be lost but if we have to make the nagging injury LT over sproles decision every week it is really going to suck.

1. Drafting LT over Gore

2. Taking the Giants D instead of a starting QB, of course looking back I would have taken Hasselbeck.

3. Taking Donnie Avery when Hasselbeck was still on the board. I bit on the hype & Hass went the pick after. :wacko:

4. Taking Delhomme where I could have had the Giants D.

Other than that I think I did well with what I was given. I was picking 4th & had Hitman ahead of me so very few steals slipped to me.

Not drafting Brees or Moss in the 1st when Brady went right before me. The "gotta have a top RB" thing just dies hard.

Then a panic move (I was also pressed for time to make pick long story) in the 2d when Brees went right before me and taking Rodgers vs another RB (would have been CJ) or a top WR....oh and Manning was there. :wacko:

Really it was just a "bad" draft though, as far as players I target not falling to me about where you'd expect - typically at least 1 or 2 will but didn't happen at all on this one. Snake drafts suck donkey dongs.

Edited by BeeR

I think you're being hard on yourself on this one.

Could be worse - a guy in my league drafted Brady as his first pick (at 1.02) and then took LT as his RB1 when the draft snaked back around.

I took SJax with my first - not sure yet if he is worth the weekly boughts of nausea.

Edited by fantasyfemme

So far its been taking Berrian as my WR2 and Portis, PThomas, and Lynch as my 1st 3 RB's. (I hate having the #12 pick in a 12 team draft)

Luckily AJohnson carried Berrian this week for me and FJackson appears to have filled in nicely for PT.

I'm still waiting to see what happens and Lynch / FJax / PT / Mike Bell are all healthy in the same week :wacko: