[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ted Ginn!

Flip_Side

Honestly as a Fin fan he is the biggest first round receiver bust I've ever seen. You guys can blame Chads arm all you want for not using him as a deep threat since he can't throw far but that last ball thrown to Ginn, I COULD HAVE CAUGHT.

The Big tuna was watching, he better get out there and trade for a big time receiver or draft one. Ginn as a #1, Camarillo, Bess and Hartline aren't going to cut it.....

Sorry, just ranting. Miami had that game in the bag...

Honestly as a Fin fan he is the biggest first round receiver bust I've ever seen. You guys can blame Chads arm all you want for not using him as a deep threat since he can't throw far but that last ball thrown to Ginn, I COULD HAVE CAUGHT.

The Big tuna was watching, he better get out there and trade for a big time receiver or draft one. Ginn as a #1, Camarillo, Bess and Hartline aren't going to cut it.....

Sorry, just ranting. Miami had that game in the bag...

I know right. 11 receptions. What a bum...

He did catch 11 balls for 108 yards . . .

Stats don't mean everything, you know that. He had 2 key drops in the game and the biggest was that one in the endzone. You won't see Fitz, Andre Johnson, Moss, Steve Smith #1 or #2 for that matter, Boldin, any big time receivers dropping that pass.

Miami needs a top wideout for sure, we got the running game and the D played well except for the first and last series for the Colts.

Get your head out of the fantasy world people, did you guys not watch the game? I'm talking about stepping up and making the big play for your football team to win the game, not folding under pressure and getting a case of the dropsies. Most of his catches were 10 yard hooks.

Stats don't mean everything, you know that. He had 2 key drops in the game and the biggest was that one in the endzone. You won't see Fitz, Andre Johnson, Moss, Steve Smith #1 or #2 for that matter, Boldin, any big time receivers dropping that pass.

Miami needs a top wideout for sure, we got the running game and the D played well except for the first and last series for the Colts.

The D that gave up 27 points in 15 minutes? That D?

And he's a bust because he's not Andre Johnson, Moss or Steve Smith??

Does it also not count that he kept the drive alive with clutch after clutch 3rd down conversion?

:wacko:

The D that gave up 27 points in 15 minutes? That D?

And he's a bust because he's not Andre Johnson, Moss or Steve Smith??

Does it also not count that he kept the drive alive with clutch after clutch 3rd down conversion?

:wacko:

To be honest that was more on Chad than Ginn. Chad had great reads on 3rd down and found the open receiver time in and time out.

And by the way 27 points yes, but theres a reason they were only on the field for 15 minutes in the first place. Good offensive drives and a defense that put them in 3 and outs.

To be honest that was more on Chad than Ginn. Chad had great reads on 3rd down and found the open receiver time in and time out.

And by the way 27 points yes, but theres a reason they were only on the field for 15 minutes in the first place. Good offensive drives and a defense that put them in 3 and outs.

When someone uses the phrase 'To be honest', I find that they're not being honest. :wacko:

So he gets zero credit for doing the good things but full blame for missing the chances he had..

I agree, he's not in the Andre Johnson/Moss league, but he's far from a bust.

When someone uses the phrase 'To be honest', I find that they're not being honest. :wacko:

So he gets zero credit for doing the good things but full blame for missing the chances he had..

I agree, he's not in the Andre Johnson/Moss league, but he's far from a bust.

Okay "to be honest" my point is he's not a #9 pick in the draft. We already knew that so I don't understand why Parcells didn't work on getting a top wideout in the draft last season. Ted Ginn is NOT a #1 receiver and never will be, he reminded me that with that huge drop....lets make some moves.

Edited by Flip_Side

Ginn dropped TWO balls in the endzone.

One went thru his fingertips because he slowed down and gave up on the route, and one that hit him in a bad spot.......his hands.

BUST

You're right. I forgot about that 1st one in the endzone. Make that 3 KEY drops.

Maybe he would play better if he was in an offense that knew where it was headed.

One minute it's Pennington at QB. The next Brown. Then they mix in White.

Get an offensive identity before you expect perfection from the only receiver who can even get open...

You pretty much summed up the problem. I drafted Ginn and cut him already. I cannot see an upside for a receiver that has Chad "20 yard bomb" Pennington for a QB. He couldn't throw the ball in NY. Is his arm suddenly going to get stronger from eating Cuban sandwiches as he ages in Miami ?

The Fins identity should be akin to the Kyle Boller-era Ravens identity. Run, control the clock, and keep the other team's offense off the field

I just disagree that he is a bust. This is his third season? Not a bad game, production-wise. Needs to hang on to that ball, no doubt, but I would definitely not call him a "bust".

He isn't just a bust, he's a HUGH bust. All of his receptions were on 8-9 yard outs.Dink and dunk receptions that any college or high school WR can make. When it was time for him to make the big catches, you know the ones in the endzone to give your team the lead, he dissapoints once again. Two would be touchdowns that HIT HIS HANDS and bounced off harmlessly. I'm not talking about hard thrown balls that he had to reach for, I'm talking about nicely thrown passes from Pennington that hit him in his friggin hands in the endzone. This guy is a top 10 first round pick entering into his 3rd year in the NFL. If he was on anyones team, you would expect nothing less than we do as Dolphin fans. He's a joke who runs horrible routes and has band hands.

Worthy of his first round status? Not even close. On most teams he would be a #3 or #4 at best.

the D played well except for the first and last series for the Colts.
The first and last series? You mean all 5 plays (7 including the PATs) lasting a combined 44 seconds of game time but giving up 14 points? The only reason the D "played well" was because they weren't on the field. Miami's offense was in essence a much better defense at keeping Manning off the field then their actual defense was at getting him off of it.

You pretty much summed up the problem. I drafted Ginn and cut him already. I cannot see an upside for a receiver that has Chad "20 yard bomb" Pennington for a QB. He couldn't throw the ball in NY. Is his arm suddenly going to get stronger from eating Cuban sandwiches as he ages in Miami ?

The Fins identity should be akin to the Kyle Boller-era Ravens identity. Run, control the clock, and keep the other team's offense off the field

And then when you lose the lead you have no 2 minute offense in place to go down the field. I'm sure the Dolphins could've won if they had 7 more minutes on the clock to run the wildcat.

he will be fine. whoever dropped him is crazy. have a little more patience before you drop him. are all the T.O owners dropping him? he might not be the elite reciever like the obvious ones but he is definately the one who gets open in miami. sooner or later he and pennington will be hooking up for some scores. he is my 5th. reciever and he will be on my roster all year. by the way, that last one in the endzone was over thrown a little bit and i think he was more worried about staying inbounds and he just missed it.