[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Adrian Peterson vs. Patrick Willis

MikesVikes

I'm the biggest Vikings fan living within 50 mile radius of the 49ers home field

So as you can guess I'm working with some die hard 49er fans.

These teams both have great stories forming. It should be a lot fun come Sunday

Hopefully even more fun come Monday morning

I'm the biggest Vikings fan living within 50 mile radius of the 49ers home field

9 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

5 Members: Big John, Deez Nutz, Sunday Couch Potatoe, Gopher, abishagenaden

:wacko: Him too

Edited by Big John

Hmm. Home opener for the Vikes against a middle of the pack rush defense? I see yards and TDs on the horizon, Willis or no Willis...

How do u figure they are a middle of the pack rush Def. they have given up only 106 yards on the ground the first two weeks. And that is third in the NFL behind only the titans with 99 yards allowed and the ravens with 82 yards allowed! HMMM I would say that makes them better than middle of the pack! So I would say AP will have his hands full after how I saw him run against the Lions last week he better bring a little more than that effort! :wacko:

How do u figure they are a middle of the pack rush Def. they have given up only 106 yards on the ground the first two weeks. And that is third in the NFL behind only the titans with 99 yards allowed and the ravens with 82 yards allowed! HMMM I would say that makes them better than middle of the pack! So I would say AP will have his hands full after how I saw him run against the Lions last week he better bring a little more than that effort! :wacko:

that is a little distorted as az is a pass heavy team (not really great at rushing the ball anyway), and sea played stl in week 1. i actually see these teams being pretty similar philosophocally, with min have more offensive weapons. regrettfully i s see min winning this 20 - 16.

that is a little distorted as az is a pass heavy team (not really great at rushing the ball anyway), and sea played stl in week 1. i actually see these teams being pretty similar philosophocally, with min have more offensive weapons. regrettfully i s see min winning this 20 - 16.

Well than u can also say that minnesotas run game success so far is a little distorted as they have played 2 of the worst run Def. in Cle. and Det. And I know for a fact that niners Def. is better than both those combined! and it took a late game surge to beat the lions who dominated them in the first half of the game! I tell u one thing if the niners dominate them like that at the beginning of the game they wont fold like a chair as the lions did! 1 Mr. Mike Singeltary won't allow it Hoooot Hoooot! :wacko:

Well than u can also say that minnesotas run game success so far is a little distorted as they have played 2 of the worst run Def. in Cle. and Det. And I know for a fact that niners Def. is better than both those combined! and it took a late game surge to beat the lions who dominated them in the first half of the game! I tell u one thing if the niners dominate them like that at the beginning of the game they wont fold like a chair as the lions did! 1 Mr. Mike Singeltary won't allow it Hoooot Hoooot! :wacko:

i definitely think that the 9ers d (and run d) is better than det and cle. i have liked their personnel for several year now and it's nice to see them get a little breather. i won't say that min's rushing game is inflated because we have seen AP go off (i think break a record) against very formidable defenses. best chance the 9ers have is to play it like mia played indy and keep him off of the field... or hope that favre can't control his urge to throw down field. right now the 9ers are an average team and min is a little bit better.

i definitely think that the 9ers d (and run d) is better than det and cle. i have liked their personnel for several year now and it's nice to see them get a little breather. i won't say that min's rushing game is inflated because we have seen AP go off (i think break a record) against very formidable defenses. best chance the 9ers have is to play it like mia played indy and keep him off of the field... or hope that favre can't control his urge to throw down field. right now the 9ers are an average team and min is a little bit better.

Only time will tell. I think alot of people are underestimating what the niners have done the last few years on defense. They have a great crew there that play hard all 4 quarters. And one of the best RBs in the game. Do I think it will be an upset if the niners were to win absolutely. But I believe in my boys and I believe in our new Captain of the ship Crazy Eyes Mike Singeltary! Here's to a Favre Interception happy day against his old foes THE NINERS!!! :wacko:

Only time will tell. I think alot of people are underestimating what the niners have done the last few years on defense.

in the past the offense has undermined what the defense has done

They have a great crew there that play hard all 4 quarters. And one of the best RBs in the game. Do I think it will be an upset if the niners were to win absolutely. But I believe in my boys and I believe in our new Captain of the ship Crazy Eyes Mike Singeltary! Here's to a Favre Interception happy day against his old foes THE NINERS!!! :wacko:

i like the progress and attitude that singletary has instilled, but they are still a qb and wr away from being a good team. oh...and they're my boys too.

Then show some 9er pride my fellow gold rusher! Tell all these fools the truth WE'RE BACK!! And we are just gettin started! I agree we are a few skill positions away but I like Hill all the guy does is win! And we would have a star WR but Crabbytree has to be a little girl! So we roll with what we got and hey we got a legitimate shot at playoffs this year with what division we play in! And that to me is hugh cause since the glory days ended we have sucked Monkey Nutz!! So again here's to hope and faith in what we got! And that's a bunch of ragtag scrappers who never stop playin unlike all the million dollar men these days that think it is ok to take plays off whenever they feel like it!! GO NINERS!! :wacko:

Then show some 9er pride my fellow gold rusher! Tell all these fools the truth WE'RE BACK!! And we are just gettin started! I agree we are a few skill positions away but I like Hill all the guy does is win! And we would have a star WR but Crabbytree has to be a little girl! So we roll with what we got and hey we got a legitimate shot at playoffs this year with what division we play in! And that to me is hugh cause since the glory days ended we have sucked Monkey Nutz!! So again here's to hope and faith in what we got! And that's a bunch of ragtag scrappers who never stop playin unlike all the million dollar men these days that think it is ok to take plays off whenever they feel like it!! GO NINERS!! :wacko:

i love the niners, but to me "back" means a winning multiple games in the playoffs. and they are not back yet. they are competitive but not dominant... which at least raises an eyebrow. they do have a decent shot at playoffs due to division. as much as i love them... i try to be objective with how i look at every team....

i love the niners, but to me "back" means a winning multiple games in the playoffs. and they are not back yet. they are competitive but not dominant... which at least raises an eyebrow. they do have a decent shot at playoffs due to division. as much as i love them... i try to be objective with how i look at every team....

Then Im sorry u don't qualify as a diehard niner fan! Maybe a fair weather fan because I live or die by the 9's. I would cheat lie and steal for the9's! :D I don't care about any other team and I don't assess any other team im a niner! If someone talks smack about them I take offense and will throw them to the ground and kick them when there down! :wacko: Lol in all seriousness half of that is true but the way they are playing from the end of last year till now I love it! For approx. the last 10 years when the suit and tie York's took over it has been a cloudy haze for diehard niner fans with all the BUSINESS moves they made and no worry of how the team will fair! Now it my opinion we are back not to the glory days can't say that will ever happen again. But to being a competitive organization and well on our way to being a darn good one! Defense wins championships so 1 piece of the puzzle is definitely in place. People can doubt all they want but the diehard who watches every game religiously knows the quality of personnel and the heart they have! It's gonna be a fun and emotional season. And even if we have some blunders in the road as all teams do see NE last week and Pitt. and GB etc etc...... It is gonna be alot more fun than the last ten years cause hope and faith have brought me to this point and i'll be damned if im gonna miss out on talkin about my team as they return to a winning organization!! I've been shelled up to long the chains are breakin and it's go time baby! LMFAO :D Go Niners!! :D

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe

Touche!

I posted some thoughts on this matchup (and the 49ers in general) in this thread... you can read them below. I think that, if Willis does focus 100% on AP, we could see Shiancoe have a big game. That said, this game doesn't come down to whether or not Peterson blows up for 150 yards and multiple TD's... the team that wins the turnover battle wins the game, in my opinion. The key player on Sunday will be Shaun Hill... if he can manage the offense without making any mistakes, the Niners defense will be able to keep them within striking range. If the Niners turn it over, however, it's going to be a long day for Niners' fans. That has been the key to SF's success, both last year and so far this year... eliminate the turnovers that ran rampant under Mike Martz, play decent defense, run the ball, and mix in some pass plays when needed. They don't make a lot of mistakes or take a lot of chances, and it allows them to stay competitive against any NFL opponent. I think they'll surprise some people this year, due to that style of play. They will compete with teams that they have no business competing with, at least on paper.

As for Sunday, it will be interesting to see if the big-play defense of the Vikings can get the crowd into the game, and disrupt Hill and the Niners. Likewise, if San Francisco IS able to slow down Peterson, will Favre force any mistakes himself by trying to "take over" the game. That's why I think turnovers will play such a big role in this game... not only does it give the other team possession of the ball, but it also may DEFINE the game, as in which team is able to play their game, and which team is forced to play outside of their comfort zone. My gut says MN wins, but it will be closer than many expect... MN 26 SF 23.

Yeah... Living out here and listening to Giants (baseball) and Niners sports radio on a daily basis, they've kind of become my adopted 2nd teams, I guess you could say. Not that I root for them, necessarily, but it's pretty much impossible for me not to follow them rather closely... sometimes even more closely than the Twins/Vikings.

I will say this... A lot of people were not very impressed with Singletary last year. He received a lot of attention over the dropping pants in the locker room thing, and critics made him out to be a joke. But, he's quickly turned around the entire mentality of this team. I think they've turned it around, 180 degrees, in several different aspects... the first thing was the discipline level, and getting players used to the idea that it was going to be Mike's way or the highway. Vernon Davis was the perfect example of that. At the same time, he was "repairing" the fact that they had been improperly molded into a pass-first offense, with the personnel that didn't necessarily fit that scheme. Mike Martz may be considered an offensive genius in some circles, but it really didn't fit the pieces that they had in place here... not to mention, turnovers went through the roof.

Now, they not only have found a sort of self-identity in that they're a run-first, pass when necessary, team... they've also found a way for their defense to keep them in ball games. What was once considered a very mediocre secondary is playing fairly well right now. The defensive line still has some question marks (will they be able to put more pressure on QB's than they did last year), but so far, they've been successful as an overall defense.

The defense playing well, along with the offense's ability to avoid turning the ball over, has really helped raise the confidence level of the team as well. They no longer have to wonder if Martz's scheme is going to cause another four-interception game from J.T. O'Sullivan, or whether their secondary is going to get picked apart week in and week out. So, they now have the scheme/system in place for them to be successful, as well as the confidence of a winning team... it just becomes a question of whether or not they have the overall talent level to be successful. As I've mentioned in other threads, looking at their schedule, I could see them going 9-7 or maybe even 10-6. We will see, though... it's still really early in the season, and anything can/will happen.

Sunday should be interesting... The Vikings thrive on forcing turnovers and getting the crowd involved at home. If Hill (who I happen to think is a very underrated leader at the QB position) can limit his mistakes and manage the offense without giving the Vikings extra possessions by turning it over, I think the Niners have a very good shot at keeping it close, or even possibly winning the game. That's a big "IF" though, and I don't know if I'm quite ready to lay money on whether or not they'll be able to do so. It will definitely be an interesting game... it also happens to be the only matchup of the week between two 2-0 teams. :wacko:

Edited by Gopher

If Childress doesn't telegraph his punches, the Vikes should do fine. The last time these two teams met, Adrian was coming on the field in only running plays. On those running plays, it was also very recognizable as to was side the team was going to run on. If an opponent wanted to key on Adrian it wasn't very difficult to do. Childress is still here calling plays so anything can happen, but I think that Adrian will have an average Adrian Day.

Then Im sorry u don't qualify as a diehard niner fan! Maybe a fair weather fan because I live or die by the 9's. I would cheat lie and steal for the9's! :wacko: I don't care about any other team and I don't assess any other team im a niner!

being a fan does not equate to dismissing realities of the football world. realities of the football world doesn't make me root for them any less than i did when we had plunkett, deberg, montana, cavanaugh, kemp, young, bono, grbac, garcia, smith, or hill.

don't be just another blind homer.

Edited by Bier Meister

being a fan does not equate to dismissing realities of the football world. realities of the football world doesn't make me root for them any less than i did when we had plunkett, deberg, montana, cavanaugh, kemp, young, bono, grbac, garcia, smith, or hill.

werd. Like the old adage they say when guys freak out after a TD, "Act like you've been there before."

When you've been a lifelong fan of a team who was one of the great dynasties of the modern era and who sprouted one of the most prolific coaching trees going, you don't have to start swinging your dick around as soon as they start out 2-0.

Edited by detlef

don't forget DRUNKENmiller!! I am being a fan and having a little fun at the same time! DO I THINK THEY'RE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL THIS YEAR OR EVEN 2 YEARS FROM NOW? NO! But we are getting closer! That's all didn't know I would hurt so many manginas with a little niner pride!!

don't forget DRUNKENmiller!! I am being a fan and having a little fun at the same time! DO I THINK THEY'RE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL THIS YEAR OR EVEN 2 YEARS FROM NOW? NO! But we are getting closer! That's all didn't know I would hurt so many manginas with a little niner pride!!

no feelings are hurt. you just have no credibility.

no feelings are hurt. you just have no credibility.

And you do why is that cause you think you do. Cmon man everyone is entitled to their opinion and what makes you more credible than me? Cause ur the bier meister and an all pro huddler LMAO :wacko:

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe