[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Giants vs. Dallas Game

Cowboyz1

OK sounds like a bet to me. I'll take Romo this year anyone can take the field.

I bet Romo ends up further in the playoffs AND has more Touchdown passes.

We can discuss the wager and details.

1. You have to pick your QB

2. Do you want to account for any Injury?

In this economy don't have tons of money to wager so it will have to be humiliation and bragging rights or some combination there of or even some sort of resonable monetary prize could be concidered.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In this economy don't have tons of money to wager so it will have to be humiliation and bragging rights or some combination there of or even some sort of resonable monetary prize could be concidered.

I'll do a sig bet, and I'm a 'boys fan. Tell me the exact terms of the wager you had in mind and I'll let you know for sure if I accept. Prize will be a sig bet from sometime during playoffs till pro-bowl.

What meaningful QB record is he on pace to smash? Favre owns just about every significant record, and Manning continues to rise on those record lists as well. Both didn't sit on the bench for 2.5 years either so they have a statistical head start at their ages. Do you really, seriously, think that Romo is going to catch them?

as a starter. He had several years riding the bench developing skills instead of being tossed into the fire immediately.

Meh. Pretty good, but I wouldn't say astonishingly better then some other QB their first years.

In no particular order, Indianapolis, New England, Atlanta, San Diego, New York (Giants), New Orleans, Green Bay, and probably Pittsburg are all teams that would most likely would keep who they have now over Romo. That leaves 24 teams left that might consider it...and I bet a decent number of them might keep who they have now given the price that acquiring Romo would cost or the loss of chemistry/rapport with existing team personnel.

Edited to add Green Bay to the list of teams

I just don't listen to the talking heads and what I see in Romo is this. A guy who is Smart, Accurate, Elusive and can shake off bad plays. I believe he will come into his own. And I think it is going to be this year as the beginning. He does learn from his mistakes but in this league your going to throw picks and have bad days. What you do after those bad days and bad plays are what count. He still had us 31-30 and sat down to let the defense finish it. They couldn't. Just likie last year in Balimore and many other games. He gets the blame but the Buffalo game after 5 picks and still finding a way to win showed me alot about this kid. It was his ugliest and finest hour. The team believes in him even if we and the media don't.

I would take Green bay off your list and Atlanta Ryan doesn't empress me all that much.and I will reduce my number to that.

It takes something magical for a team to come together and it doesn't happen every year for what every reason. I see it in 3 to 4 year spurts. I just believe this is year one for Romo and the Cowboys. Then when he does win he will be concidered one of the best, but until then he will face everything above and he knows it and so do I. We will see.

I'll do a sig bet that Eli makes it further in the playoffs. If you lose, your sig will be:

I, Cowboyz1, do hereby admit that my homer goggles prevented me from seeing Tony Romo for what he really is -- the most overrated QB in the NFL and a perennial choke artist. My beloved Cowboys cannot win with Romo, period. Furthermore, Eli Manning has demonstrated that he is superior in every way, and I predict he wins at least three more Super Bowls for the classiest franchise in the NFL -- the NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS!!! :wacko:

Minimum 10 posts.

In case of injuries to either player that causes them to miss any starts, the bet is off. That most likely means you're off the hook. You can pick my sig, just keep it clean and free of personal attacks.

I'll do a sig bet, and I'm a 'boys fan. Tell me the exact terms of the wager you had in mind and I'll let you know for sure if I accept. Prize will be a sig bet from sometime during playoffs till pro-bowl.

Sorry don't bet against my own fans. Shame on you. I would think you would want him to suceed. Bad mojo. If you don't believe then sit down and wait it out. But don't go against the guy. All for one and one for all kind of thing. You can jump the bandwagon if you want to but I'm staying put. A guy that can throw for more yardage and TD's than any QB in Cowboy history you want to go against. What kind of fan are you? Dude come on. I know he has pissed you off but don't bail on the guy. He's pissed me off too. Romo is going to play well this year there will be bumps in the road but 14 interceptions is far from a "Machine"

Take a look at some of this. If your QB is doing this you should win more games. D needs to step up.

eason Team Passing Rushing Fumbles

G GS Comp Att Pct Yds Avg TD Int Sck SckY Rate

2009 Dallas Cowboys 2 2 29 56 51.8 480 8.6 4 3 1 9 82.4 2

2008 Dallas Cowboys 13 13 276 450 61.3 3,448 7.7 26 14 20 123 91.4 28 41 1.5 0 13 7

2007 Dallas Cowboys 16 16 335 520 64.4 4,211 8.1 36 19 24 176 97.4 31 129 4.2 2 10 2

Finished his second season as a full time starter eighth in the NFL in passer rating (91.4), sixth in touchdown passes (26), 12th in yards (3,448), 15th in completions (276) and 16th in completion percentage (61.3) and attempts (450), playing in 13 games after breaking a finger in his throwing hand in Week 6.

Threw for 300-or-more yards in six contests - the second-most in a season behind his seven in 2007 in club history.

In the season-opening win at Cleveland (9/7), completed 24-of-32 passes for 320 yards - his 11th career 300-yard outing - one touchdown and an interception.

Edited by Cowboyz1

I'll do a sig bet that Eli makes it further in the playoffs. If you lose, your sig will be:

I, Cowboyz1, do hereby admit that my homer goggles prevented me from seeing Tony Romo for what he really is -- the most overrated QB in the NFL and a perennial choke artist. My beloved Cowboys cannot win with Romo, period. Furthermore, Eli Manning has demonstrated that he is superior in every way, and I predict he wins at least three more Super Bowls for the classiest franchise in the NFL -- the NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS!!! :wacko:

Minimum 10 posts.

In case of injuries to either player that causes them to miss any starts, the bet is off. That most likely means you're off the hook. You can pick my sig, just keep it clean and free of personal attacks.

Deal. As is.

Sorry don't bet against my own fans. Shame on you. I would think you would want him to suceed. Bad mojo. If you don't believe then sit down and wait it out. But don't go against the guy. All for one and one for all kind of thing. You can jump the bandwagon if you want to but I'm staying put. A guy that can throw for more yardage and TD's than any QB in Cowboy history you want to go against. What kind of fan are you? Dude come on. I know he has pissed you off but don't bail on the guy. He's pissed me off too. Romo is going to play well this year there will be bumps in the road but 14 interceptions is far from a "Machine"

Take a look at some of this. If your QB is doing this you should win more games. D needs to step up.

eason Team Passing Rushing Fumbles

G GS Comp Att Pct Yds Avg TD Int Sck SckY Rate

2009 Dallas Cowboys 2 2 29 56 51.8 480 8.6 4 3 1 9 82.4 2

2008 Dallas Cowboys 13 13 276 450 61.3 3,448 7.7 26 14 20 123 91.4 28 41 1.5 0 13 7

2007 Dallas Cowboys 16 16 335 520 64.4 4,211 8.1 36 19 24 176 97.4 31 129 4.2 2 10 2

Finished his second season as a full time starter eighth in the NFL in passer rating (91.4), sixth in touchdown passes (26), 12th in yards (3,448), 15th in completions (276) and 16th in completion percentage (61.3) and attempts (450), playing in 13 games after breaking a finger in his throwing hand in Week 6.

Threw for 300-or-more yards in six contests - the second-most in a season behind his seven in 2007 in club history.

In the season-opening win at Cleveland (9/7), completed 24-of-32 passes for 320 yards - his 11th career 300-yard outing - one touchdown and an interception.

Are you Romo's cousin?

We are only left to wonder what a few years more under Parcells would have done for the guy. I admit I wasnt heartbroken when Parcells left because I thought his method of coaching wasnt cutting it in todays NFL. I also admit I was dead wrong. He tried to shorten the game. That what you do when your D is as soft as a box of kittens. I hope dallas throws the kings ransom at Holmgren after this year.

Edited by whomper

We are only left to wonder what a few years more under Parcells would have done for the guy. I admit I wasnt heartbroken when Parcells left because I thought his method of coaching wasnt cutting it in todays NFL. I also admit I was dead wrong. He tried to shorten the game. That what you do when your D is as soft as a box of kittens. I hope dallas throws the kings ransom at Holmgren after this year.

exacty, broke my heart to see JJ run Parcells off. I was sure he would take us to the next level with his drafting ability. Shortening the game exactly, NO WAY he lets Romo pass on that play late in the third. He would have pounded the giants into submission and then just make 10 yards at a time and put points on the board.

Romo has to go further in the playoffs AND have more TD passes than anyone else?

I'll take the field for sure....you can name whatever you want as the prize.

Romo has to go further in the playoffs AND have more TD passes than anyone else?

I'll take the field for sure....you can name whatever you want as the prize.

You pick your QB of any in the field and I take Romo.

Injury to any of our QB nulfies the bet unless we can negotiate during the injury and continue it if it is minor and willing to continue the bet.

I'll take that bet and I'll select Drew Brees. If you also lose to matt770 I'll be fine with his sig selection. If he doesn't, then I'll be a little more forgiving and the sig will just be:

I, Cowboyz1, do hereby admit that my homer goggles prevented me from seeing Tony Romo for what he really is -- an overrated QB in the NFL and a perennial choke artist.

I don't really care what my .sig would be, but if either QB goes down with an injury, tough, the bet stands. Part of being a great QB is staying healthy. Yes I know poopy happens, but poopy can happen to either player equally.

Edited by cdrudge

Romo's a good qb but he doesn't have the mental toughness of a Staubach, Aikman, Meredith or White. The talking heads are doing Danny White a disservice by always wondering if Romo will turn out to be a Staubach- Aikmen or a Danny White. Cowboys have had 3 good head coaches and one good owner and they are lacking in both at the moment. We Cowboy fans expected the Cowboys to win forever and thats pretty silly when you really think about it.

Edited by Retrograde assault

Romo's a good qb but he doesn't have the mental toughness of a Staubach, Aikman, Meredith or White. The talking heads are doing Danny White a disservice by always wondering if Romo will turn out to be a Staubach- Aikmen or a Danny White. Cowboys have had 3 good head coaches and one good owner and they are lacking in both at the moment. We Cowboy fans expected the Cowboys to win forever and thats pretty silly when you really think about it.

DING DING DING

You nailed it. When a good thing comes around you don't pick the darn thing apart unitl it's bad then throw it out and say when will I find one of those again years later.

These are the teams I think would rather not replace their present QB's with Romo:

NE, NYJ, NYG, Philly (McNabb), GB, Balt, Atl, Hou, Chi, NO, SD, AZ, Sea. Maybe Minny.

I have no dog in this fight. That's the way I see it. I just would not trust Romo in a big spot.

You pick your QB of any in the field and I take Romo.

Injury to any of our QB nulfies the bet unless we can negotiate during the injury and continue it if it is minor and willing to continue the bet.

Done....and I too will take Brees.

So let me make sure I understand 100%....Romo has to go further in the playoffs than Brees, and end the year with more touchdowns than Brees. Correct?

And the injury thing is fine, I guess (though rather lame, since injury can occur to either player with equal chance)

I just got done watching the game again play by play now that I am calmed down and I will tell you the Cowboys played very good football for 3+ quarters including Romo. Romo's first pick if you watch closely was a perfect pass to Crayton for the first down. Roy Williams pulls his hands down so as to let the ball go over his head and he BEAT the rookie corner so bad on the hook/slant route the Rookie should never have been there when the ball was thrown, he should have been driving on Roy which would put him out of the play and we have a first down and more to Crayton. At the time of the pass both Roy and Crayton are open had the Rookie been doing his job he would not have been thier to make that play.

Conclusion: Perfect throw, bad luck. Watch it again!

The second Pick Romo throws behind Witten who just gives up on the ball (unlike him) and bounces of his foot into Phillips hands.

Conclusion: I see that pass 100+ times a year go incomplete next down. Bad Bounce

For three quarters of this game the Cowboys Defense stopped the Giants rushing attack, pressured Manning and held the Giants out of the Endzone inside the 20 four times twice as a result of turnovers back to back. The D forced 5 punts on 10 possession heading into the fourth.

GIants Drives

1 13:28 8:59 4:29 Punt NYG 17 9 71 0 71 3 *DAL 12 Field Goal

2 4:11 3:03 1:08 Kickoff NYG 25 3 2 0 2 0 NYG 27 Punt

3 2:37 13:31 4:06 Fumble DAL 27 7 18 0 18 1 *DAL 9 Field Goal

4 9:04 5:15 3:49 Kickoff NYG 24 6 38 0 38 2 DAL 38 Punt

5 3:35 1:46 1:49 Punt NYG 42 3 4 0 4 0 NYG 46 Punt

6 1:21 0:46 0:35 Interception DAL 28 3 28 0 28 1 DAL 22 Touchdown

7 0:01 0:00 0:01 Kickoff 0 0 0 0 0 End of Half

8 15:00 11:19 3:41 Kickoff NYG 18 8 71 0 71 2 *DAL 11 Missed FG

9 9:15 6:05 3:10 Punt NYG 6 5 10 39 49 2 DAL 45 Punt

10 3:32 1:56 1:36 Kickoff NYG 20 3 6 0 6 0 NYG 26 Punt

11 0:22 13:24 1:58 Interception NYG 27 4 73 0 73 2 DAL 22 Touchdown

12 12:24 7:37 4:47 Punt NYG 42 7 40 0 40 2 *DAL 18 Field Goal

13 3:40 0:00 3:40 Kickoff NYG 25 11 66 -10 56 4 *DAL 19 Field Go

Dallas Drives

1 15:00 13:28 1:32 Kickoff DAL 23 3 8 0 8 0 DAL 31 Punt

2 8:59 4:11 4:48 Kickoff DAL 38 9 62 0 62 5 *NYG 2 Touchdown

3 3:03 2:46 0:17 Punt DAL 24 3 0 0 0 0 DAL 24 Interception

4 2:46 2:37 0:09 Kickoff 0 0 0 0 0 Fumble

5 13:31 9:04 4:27 Kickoff DAL 27 8 53 20 73 5 *NYG 1 Touchdown

6 5:15 3:35 1:40 Punt DAL 5 3 3 0 3 0 DAL 8 Punt

7 1:46 1:21 0:25 Punt DAL 12 3 18 -6 12 1 DAL 24 Interception

8 0:46 0:01 0:45 Kickoff DAL 34 6 37 0 37 2 NYG 29 Field Goal

9 11:19 9:15 2:04 Missed FG DAL 20 4 30 0 30 1 NYG 50 Punt

10 6:05 3:32 2:33 Punt DAL 17 7 83 0 83 4 *NYG 3 Touchdown

11 1:56 0:22 1:34 Punt DAL 44 3 10 0 10 1 NYG 46 Interception

12 13:24 12:24 1:00 Kickoff DAL 17 3 3 0 3 0 DAL 20 Punt

13 7:37 3:40 3:57 Kickoff DAL 29 7 71 0 71 4 *NYG 7 Touchdown

Dallas Scored on 5 drives and punted 4 times. And scored on EVERY opportunity inside the Red Zone.

Now with 1:34 left in the third, the game is 24-20 with Dallas having all the momentum and just had forced a three and out, Dallas has the ball at the and the lead at the Cowboys 46 YARD LINE.

Now we have been killing the Giants with Barber and Jones all night, WHY HAVE A PASS PLAY CALLED AT ALL! WHY.

This is where the game changed for good. Instead of pounding the Giants into submission and going up 31-20 RUNNING THE FOOTBALL, someone decides to get cute. Now I don't know who owns the blame here but if Garrett called that play I blame him, but Romo has got to find the Safety on that play or don't let the ball leave your hand. No reason to go deep unless he sees a WIDE OPEN receiver.

Up to this point in the game in my assessment the game was totally in our control in spite of the turnovers. Scandrick had missed several tackles, and Newman uncharacteristically had given up a Touchdown and plays down the field. By the way that was NOT PI on Newman on first down in the third.

On a side note, I figured out why Newman is not an elite CB, he can't find the ball in the air. I have looked back for the past three years and he is in position to make picks but either gives up a completion or breaks it up because he can't find the ball in the air and cover at the same time. Steve Smith from Carolina beat him on that Touchdown in the playoffs in the corner when Newman had perfect position and again Sunday what should have been a pick or break up to Manningham on both the PI and Touchdown pass were a result of him not being able to do both things at once which will always be his Achilles heel.

However, now back to the game, after that pick, the Giants had life again. This is what Garrett a young OC and Romo a third year starter has to learn. When in a totally superior position in a game you can't give the other team life. Period.

Now in the forth Quarter the Giants started to execute just like in the Super Bowl. They beat our secondary to death but it was mostly Eli being great and his recievers running excellent routes.

Despite all that went wrong the Cowboys STILL lead the game 31-30. Not that tells me something. Romo can play at a very hight level. The Defense can stop the run and Romo has the ability to shake off mistakes and get his team in position to win.

Bottom line for me this, with a little over 3 minutes on the clock and the Giants starting at thier own 25 Scandrick give up three plays in a row and losses the game. The D could have and should have won that game.

Which brings me to my last point, we are missing one thing and that is a Defensive leader like Ray Lewis who just say's look this game is over they are done moving the ball. Ware is not him, no mean streak, James MEHH not him either, Ratliff could be but with a young starting secondary someone has to step up and lead them.

I will tell you this to finish, the NY Giants got ran all over, and got stuffed in the running game but was allowed to rally by one play call. Eli was given an opening and he did it.

But from what I saw after watching this game again and again, Romo is a darn good QB who will learn to manage the game better. He didn't have to throw all game so why start when you are on the 46 and the Giants D has not stopped you at all rushing and short passing. WHY?

When Scandrick and Jenkins play their game this team is going a long way this year. I am calling it now and we can revisit it later but this game was not lost by any one player, I put this one on the Defense and Jason Garrett for even allowing Romo to think pass in that situation.

The Giants are a Great football team and you shouldn't even be in the game against a Great football team with 4 turnovers in their pockets to your zero.

Positives out of this game far out way the negatives.

No Sacks given up to the vaunted Giants pash rush

Overcoming adversity to still lead in the end

Shutting down Giants Run D

Running all over the Giants D

Good pass rush despite no sacks, Manning was pressured well.

Special Teams was Solid

Negatives

Turnovers

Bad play call

Secondary Coverage when you have 6 to cover 3 as well as pass rush lacking sacks

Finally, THIS IS WEEK 2 People, I had to remind myself of that and Philly and Washington have thier own problems, which are much worse.

Prediction holds, Cowboys 12-4 and Romo throws for 35+ Touchdowns. We beat Carolina on Monday night 31 to 13.

I don't get it Coach Phillips, do you want us to proof read this before you give to Jerry Jones in hopes that he doesn't fire your ass?

Edited by Robash

Done....and I too will take Brees.

So let me make sure I understand 100%....Romo has to go further in the playoffs than Brees, and end the year with more touchdowns than Brees. Correct?

And the injury thing is fine, I guess (though rather lame, since injury can occur to either player with equal chance)

This bet seems like a strange one. What if Romo goes further in the playoffs :wacko: but Brees has more TD passes ? Is it regular season TD passes or playoff :D td passes ? Does Cowboyz have to hit both bets to win or is a split a push ?

This bet seems like a strange one. What if Romo goes further in the playoffs :wacko: but Brees has more TD passes ? Is it regular season TD passes or playoff :D td passes ? Does Cowboyz have to hit both bets to win or is a split a push ?
The way it's worded, Romo would have to go further in the playoffs then the opposing QB AND throw more TDs. If either condition is not met, or if both QBs tie on either condition, Cowboyz loses. There are no pushes. And I know I don't care if it's TDs thrown in the post season as well...it won't matter either way. Edited by cdrudge

The way it's worded, Romo would have to go further in the playoffs then the opposing QB AND throw more TDs. If either condition is not met, or if both QBs tie on either condition, Cowboyz loses. There are no pushes. And I know I don't care if it's TDs thrown in the post season as well...it won't matter either way.

The way I see it, the 'Girls have to win the division (not happening) or beat out Giants/Philly, Atlanta/New Orleans or Minnesota/Green Bay for a wildcard. Wouldn't surprise me if Chicago or 'Zona/SF were in that mix as well. I'll do a sig bet that Dallas misses the playoffs completely.

Side note: Next year when we're having this same discussion, are the Romo apologists going to be saying "It's only his 4th year as a starter"? When does that excuse run out?

Romo can not handle pressure, it's that simple. He's a good but not great QB.

In December he can not handle the pressure

In the playoffs he can not handle it

In a game JJ wanted to win so bad he could not handle it.

He's had three years to get over that problem and has not. Why would anyone think he would all of a sudden do it?

Romo is not the best he's just the best on Dallas' roster right now.