[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lance Moore

cubdaddy

He's on my bench and I was hoping he'd be a good flex option throughout the season...He benefited from Shockey and Bush injuries...but..whew...dropped off the face of the earth...Anyone else hoping for an injury to Bush or Shockey?

No I cant say I ever hope for an injury

He's on my bench and I was hoping he'd be a good flex option throughout the season...He benefited from Shockey and Bush injuries...but..whew...dropped off the face of the earth...Anyone else hoping for an injury to Bush or Shockey?

:wacko:

Anybody else want advice on Moore or the Saints WRs you can PM me.

Thanks for the PM cub. If you hadn't guessed already that is very sensitive subject around here & being a Saints fan it touched a nerve where I normally would have let the mob give you the riot act. Way to man up.

On to the question...

Moore, for the most part has been hindered with a hamstring injury and aggravated it during the game vs Philly. He did not practice at all today & it's looking like he won't play this week. However, that may be the least of your worries as the season progresses. You mentioned Reggie & Shockey, but really it's not either of those you have to worry about. The Saints won't throw to either position much more than they did last year and right now it's not looking like they are getting the ball out to Reggie on the short swing passes as often either. I know they tried a couple of times last week and it didn't work out, but they haven't seemed to be using it as often with the running game clicking the way it has.

So far this season Brees has been showing that he has a lot more confidence in Devery Henderson & Henderson hasn't been disappointing. He could always regress & start dropping passes again, but then right there with him has been Robert Meachem who is finally starting to play like the 1st round draft pick he was. Moore will always be one of Brees favorite targets, but he's just got too many options right now to make him an every week starter. If I had to put money on it, I wouldn't be surprised if Henderson ends up the #2 Saints WR this year in fantasy production with Moore & Meachem getting the leftovers. In the future though, I know for a fact that the Saints would like Meachem to be their starter opposite Colston as I don't think Moore is really a #1 or 2 WR despite his production last year. He's quick, he runs great routes & has outstanding hands, but with his size he can be jammed at the line by a good CB & taken out of plays.

NO it's week 2. Hold on.

This is the best offense in the league right now. I'm holding on to Pierre and Moore for mid to late season scoring.

Remember when Moore came out of nowhere and people were like - Lance Who?!?

There was a reason for that - kind of like how Furrey came out of nowhere and than disappeared on another high powered offense.

Remember how great Stokley was for Indy as well? I fear Welker may be one of those type players also.

ETA: but with New England, outside of Moss there really isn't anyone else to keep Welker from getting good numbers.

Edited by rajncajn