[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which 1 loss team gets back into BCS NC Discussion

Rockerbraves

Which one of these one loss teams do you think has the best chance to work themselves back into the BCS NC picture?

1. Buckeyes - Although Ohio State does not play in a conference championship, the Bucks IMO look like the team with the best chance to run the table from this point forward. Beating two big name teams (Penn State & Michigan) on the road should certainly help their chances.

2. Sooners - Should have an opportunity to impress pollsters in the Red River Shootout provided Texas takes care of business. Another plus for Oklahoma is unlike the Buckeyes the Sooners do have a chance to play in a conference championship. The challenge for the Sooners should they make it to the conference championship is their Big 12 North opponent will likely not be a a top ranked opponent.

3. Trojans - Would put them ahead of the Buckeyes except I think they lose another one somewhere considering they are relying on a true freshman QB. Even if they do run the table much like the Bucks the lack of a conference championship could hurt their chances. However if it boils down to a one loss Ohio State and a one loss USC team the Trojans should get the nod.

4. Hokies - Put them in the mix simply out of respect for ACC fans.

Well I do not see OU winning out, so that is why I do not think it will be them. But if OU wins out, they will have a very good shot at 1 of the 2 NC spots. They are already back ahead of Ohio St, and their schedule is so much tougher, OSU wont jump them in the polls if both teams win out.

Same thing with the rest of these teams. SC isnt winning out, not with what I saw. And Va Tech wont jump OU either.

All this being said, I could see a 1 loss FLA or Bama, vs an undefeated Cal playing for it all. If there is no unbeaten in the Big 10, ACC, or pac 10, this will be the SEC Champ vs Big 12 Champ for the title. Obviously if FLA/Bama and Texas both win out, that will be the game.

Edited by Dallas Sooner

Well I do not see OU winning out, so that is why I do not think it will be them. But if OU wins out, they will have a very good shot at 1 of the 2 NC spots. They are already back ahead of Ohio St, and their schedule is so much tougher, OSU wont jump them in the polls if both teams win out.

Agreed. The only way tOSU gets into the BCS NC picture is IF both the Sooners and Trojans drop another which like you I think will happen.

Now who gets the nod if it comes down to one spot either OK and USC if they both run the table the rest of the way?

OSU is very,very, young. I like the future for the Bucks, however with that said I see them dropping another game down the line and the Rose Bowl is the very best the Bucks will do this season. Notre Dame losing Floyd really hurts their chances, however if they were to only lose 1 game you have to give them a strong look. OU is very talented team and can get there, but I can't see them beating Texas.

I was driving to work and I was going through my mind (I know dangerous) thinking about the OSU roster and I started to think how very young they are. If your interested the roster is below and I was correct they are loaded with Fr and So at not only the skill positions ,but overall as well. I think being so young can be a factor in a discussion like this. Does this have any effect on your thinking about OSU???

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/SportSele...amp;SPSID=87746

I have been trying to tell people that going to the big game should not be the goal this year for the Buckeyes. I would love for them to get to the Outback Bowl or something like that and compete against someone on their own level. Obviously you want to play in the biggest game, but this team is very young and would gain a lot by learning from a tough game against an equal opponent. What does Pryor or the young defense get out of getting stomped out by Florida or Texas this year? Nothing. It would be very beneficial to play LSU or whoever in another bowl and come away with something to build on next year.