[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How high did people bid on Manningham?

jaxfactor

Geez! Looks like some went very high indeed if he was still available. One league someone bid $181 out of their $200 alotment. Damn, I knew I should have snagged him last week. :wacko:

That's kind of crazy, but then again it seems there is always a WW pickup that is a game-changer for the team lucky enough to snag him. Reminds me of Marshall in '07.

I bid $132 of my $150 in PAFFL

My starting line-up is pretty well stacked, except at WR so I swung for the fences and hope it works out.

I have Romo at QB.

ADP, DWill at RB

R. Bush at my flex (PPR)

Gates & Carlson at TE

My WR's are/were: A. Gonzalez, Royal, L. Moore, C. Henry, K. Britt

so adding Manningham was a must for me.

He reminds me of Boldin's rookie year. Coming out of nowhere to make a big splash. I remember back then being skeptical on Anquan, and of course NOT going after him, only to watch him put up a monster season. No way I was making that mistake again- high risk maybe, high reward- I hope

My only worry was the 4 WR thing the G-men have. Granted, 2 of them are banged up, but what happens when they are healthy again? But seeing the way Manningham has performed in the first 2 weeks, one would have to feel like he is in the driver's seat. It's up to him to stay there.

I must say I am learning my lessons in blind bidding. I never liked it, but am starting to change my tune. Sometimes you can be one player away from making your team complete and you have to bid accordingly, like Marauders did. I should have done the same.

I'm liking Knox as a better pickup than Manningham this week. There are so many different places E Manning can throw the ball - but I do like (and have always liked) Manningham to emerge as a legit NFL WR. He's one of those guys who doesn't do much in regard to measurables, but he uses his body incredibly well on routes and he just goes and gets the football.

But Knox seems to have emerged awfully early as a guy who Cutler is starting to really focus on, and he needs a reliable downfield target. He can be had cheaper right now also.

I'm liking Knox as a better pickup than Manningham this week. There are so many different places E Manning can throw the ball - but I do like (and have always liked) Manningham to emerge as a legit NFL WR. He's one of those guys who doesn't do much in regard to measurables, but he uses his body incredibly well on routes and he just goes and gets the football.

But Knox seems to have emerged awfully early as a guy who Cutler is starting to really focus on, and he needs a reliable downfield target. He can be had cheaper right now also.

In all my leagues, I had Knox and Manningham as the only ww players worth going after but I have them ranked as Manningham then Knox but right now I don't think you can go wrong with either. I now have Manningham in every league (including 2/4 in our BDITH) except one.

I went $34 of $100 and tied for him, but lost him on tiebreakers.

To others in the thread... was S.Smith NYG already on a roster, or how did his claims compare to Manningham? I got Smith for $12. I went higher for Manningham because I think he'll be the better red zone target/TD threat?

i hope were right about knox....got him and sims-walker last night....didnt think id be able to snag both...as there were 4 other receiver transactions...but im pretty happy to land both of them and hope at least one of them emerges as a solid #3 type

bronco billy...while yer here....what are your thoughts on brandon marshall from here on out??

i grabbed him with the first pick of the 7th round as my #3....im 1-1 right now...so he hasnt killed me.....maybe im still hoping that theres enough time for him to turn it around and make that pick look like a great value....but i really think at some point he has the potential to go on a mini tear......i keep seeing everyone talk about how he missed like 27 plays in a row on offense last week...at the same time i saw that he was targeted 6 times on passes and of course had a rushing attempt....thats quite an attempt to put the ball in the guys hands for him missing as many plays as he did....i think if denver wins a few more games over the next month or so they are really going to have to attempt to get the ball in the hands of their best guys if they are going to make any kind of run at doing anything....thoughs?

Two Wcoff leagues he was picked up after week 1. Went for over $300 in each out of $1000 allotment.

I won a bid on him last night in Huddle Age League....for $432 of my allotted $1000.

He went for $432 out of $1000 in another league too. I bid on him in a couple leagues but was hopelessly outbid.

Geez! Looks like some went very high indeed if he was still available. One league someone bid $181 out of their $200 alotment. Damn, I knew I should have snagged him last week. :D

:wacko:

(Potential season changer. He may not pan out, but worth the risk because the guy could end up being a top 10-15 WR this year.)

bronco billy...while yer here....what are your thoughts on brandon marshall from here on out??

Off topic, but I honestly don't know what to expect. This O looks really pathetic so far, and it's pretty obvious that McHoody has the wrong guy running it. If I were to try to roster 1 DEN WR right now, it would probably be Stokley. Unless DEN starts running Marshall & Royal on a lot shorter routes, I'm not sure Orton can put the ball in a spot that can't be defended - even against physically gifted WRs like those two. If I had to guess, Marshall is going to perform like your typical WR3. A couple of nice days, but otherwise some pretty mediocre stats.

My only worry was the 4 WR thing the G-men have. Granted, 2 of them are banged up, but what happens when they are healthy again? But seeing the way Manningham has performed in the first 2 weeks, one would have to feel like he is in the driver's seat. It's up to him to stay there.

I must say I am learning my lessons in blind bidding. I never liked it, but am starting to change my tune. Sometimes you can be one player away from making your team complete and you have to bid accordingly, like Marauders did. I should have done the same.

This would be my concern a little bit, too. Once Hixon and (to a lesser degree) Nicks are back healthy, there will likely be fewer balls heading Manningham's way. Plus, they havent really gotten Jacobs going much yet. Assuming they do, the passing game will not be used as heavily as it has been so far, IMO, meaning less balls Manningham's way once again.

Not trying to rain on anyone's MM parade. Just throwing some thoughts out there...