[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Julian Edelman

Capt. Stanky

I picked him up today. I'm a Welker owner, so I can sub in Edelman if Welker is deactivated. He's eligable at QB. This is a 2 QB league, so I'm almost hoping that Welker's injury is more severe than Belicheat is letting on. If you have the roster room in a 2 QB league I would pick him up just for the upside alone.

He's saying that since it's a 2 QB league that he can use that rookie WR at the QB position since yahoo made a mistake and he doesn't have a third QB for bye weeks.

Not only that, but if Welker ends up missing allot of time we're talking about a WR that would be far more consistent than the lower level QB's. 15 pts week to week is pretty darn good from a 2nd QB.

If you can start 2 QBs in your league, wouldn't you have drafted two QBs to start? In other words, wouldn't it be better to start an actual QB because they accumulate more points?

Yes, but injuries are a huge par t of the game. Let me give you an example. We have to expansion teams that just joined our 2 QB league this year deep keeper league this year. One of the teams only has Sanchez. He doesn't have another QB. We changed our requirements this year to allow a QB/TE spot. This way he can play his backup TE at his 2nd QB spot. The other expansion team has Quinn, Delhomme and Pennington. If Edelman starts this week in Welker's spot I would play him over any of the above mentioned QB's. He's a safe 15, while the other options could very well get him single digits or even neg. pts.

Not only that, but if Welker ends up missing allot of time we're talking about a WR that would be far more consistent than the lower level QB's. 15 pts week to week is pretty darn good from a 2nd QB.
And you are basis this projected consistency on what? One week? It's easy to be consistent when your body of work consists of 1 game and no body knows who you are.

And you are basis this projected consistency on what? One week? It's easy to be consistent when your body of work consists of 1 game and no body knows who you are.

My lord people!!! All I'm saying is that he's worth picking up if you are in a 2 QB league and you have the roster space to do so. I'm basing his consistency on the fact that he will be the slot receiver for NE if Welker doesn't play. That's all I need to know, but that's just my opinion. I think I could be a viable fantasy producer as NE's slot receiver. Obviously NE has some confidence in the rookie, otherwise he wouldn't have been playing so much last week.

Edited by Capt. Stanky

Yes, but injuries are a huge par t of the game. Let me give you an example. We have to expansion teams that just joined our 2 QB league this year deep keeper league this year. One of the teams only has Sanchez. He doesn't have another QB. We changed our requirements this year to allow a QB/TE spot. This way he can play his backup TE at his 2nd QB spot. The other expansion team has Quinn, Delhomme and Pennington. If Edelman starts this week in Welker's spot I would play him over any of the above mentioned QB's. He's a safe 15, while the other options could very well get him single digits or even neg. pts.

How in the world is Edleman a safe 15?

My lord people!!! All I'm saying is that he's worth picking up if you are in a 2 QB league and you have the roster space to do so. I'm basing his consistency on the fact that he will be the slot receiver for NE if Welker doesn't play. That's all I need to know, but that's just my opinion. I think I could be a viable fantasy producer as NE's slot receiver. Obviously NE has some confidence in the rookie, otherwise he wouldn't have been playing so much last week.

So he's NOT worth picking up if you're in a "normal" league? Seem to me if he's "guaranteed" to get 15 points, I could use him as a WR in a few spots.