[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gabril Wilson or Chris Hope the rest of the season

stokers

I currently have G. Wilson and I've gotten a couple trade offers for him. Straight up for R. Grant from one manager and Ochocinco straight from another.

I turned both down, but now I'm thinking of shopping him and then I could pickup Chris Hope.

Gabril is a tackling machine and we get 1.5/.5 but he just hasn't started off well with Miami.

Should I stick with Gabril or trade him and get Chris Hope?

Thanks for the help

First of all, if Chris Hope is a free agent - you have people in your league who have no idea what they're doing.

When I started IDP four years ago, the one thing darin3 taught me that has proved to be true time and time again is that DBs are a dime a dozen. If you can get an offensive stud for a top DB like Gibril, do it in a heartbeat - because there will always be new DBs emerging as consistent tacklers each week.

Thanks for the feedback kpholmes. Trying to decide on who to go for now Grant or Ochocinco or maybe someone else.

What do you think Gabril is worth for an offensive player?

Personally I think he's worth very little simply because of the reason stated above.

However he is arguably a top-5 DB, so if you can use that as a selling point and someone bites, get the best you can out of them.

Especially if Chris Hope is on WW.

Watching the Indy Mia game I don't like Wilson in the system MIA is playing him in. He was playing more of a FS role. I see Yeremiah as being the defender you want in MIA. Trade Gibril now. Pickup someone like Hope, Bryan Scott, Elam, Coleman

I honestly hoped that both Bell and Wilson could produce in the MIA defense fantasy-wise. Should have went with my gut and dropped Wilson significantly in the pre-season rankings. We were definitely not the only ones to have him ranked pretty high in the pre-season.

He had a decent Week 1, but completely disappeared against the Colts. He could turn things around in Week 3, especially against a team he knows well like the Bolts.

Ok, so I have an offer to get Ryan Grant for Wilson straight. It's sounding like I should take the trade, or should I go after Ochocinco instead based on my team. I'm getting Westbrook tomorrow for Roy Williams and E. Royal.

So yes trade Wilson, but for

Grant

or

Ochocinco

I also thought his skill set would translate well in MIA ..dude can play.

I will suggest the Grant trade, IMO he has no Commitee taking his touches (save BJax, but he is true 2nd option) has an offense although disapointing so far in the air, (but I think that has to do more w/O-Line) Jennings/Driver/Nelson/Finley etc.. and Rodgers at the helm. (they should get on track) and in the Cold weather months they throw less and rush more.. if the Pass-O picks up, it will open lanes for Grant. 2gms vs LIONS!! (Bears can be rushed on too, not so much MINN) but his playoffs look brutal @Chi and @PITT bak2bak

Ocho, is the #1 WR option in Cincy, but he plays BAL/PITT 4 games a year (but gets AFC West gms this year, even thought the DEN game was quiet) I do think Ocho will be more often be the focus of the opposing DEF (esp now w/ no TJ Hush-a-zush) hey they play NFC North too, so they get a Lions gm too! (otherwise a pretty pass freindly schedule though, Benson appears to be keeping the run game balance too)

Both have upside, but should be more w/Grant; He is a Starting RB (2,3rd rounder in most leagues) and you can replace him AND get HOPE..sounds like a winner..(cept the playoffs, that could be rough, but it will be cold and they will WANT to rush)

how many starters do your teams field?

Ok, so I have an offer to get Ryan Grant for Wilson straight. It's sounding like I should take the trade, or should I go after Ochocinco instead based on my team. I'm getting Westbrook tomorrow for Roy Williams and E. Royal.

So yes trade Wilson, but for

Grant

or

Ochocinco

I take Grant and unload Westbrook and his constant game time decisions to another owner for a better WR than Ocho.