[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New to IDP

I've been a member of the huddle for a bit, but fairly new to IDP's.

I'd like help analyzing my IDP's to determine which players are solid long term prospects and which are flukes where I might be chasing the trends after a good match-up. Basically: Keeper, Prospect, or Fluke.

It's a 12 team league where we only start: DB, DL, LB, and D-flex. (the league uses yahoo, so some players are eligible for more than one position)

My players:

D/Flex - Elvis Dumervil - Den - DL/LB*

DB - Bryan Scott - Buf- S - (picked up for matchup against NO)

DL - Antwan Odom - Cin - far exceeding past performance - maybe he couldn't get enough of a chance in TEN?

LB - London Fletcher - WAS

On bench:

Quinten Mikkel - PHI - S

Kirk Morrison - Oak - LB - hasn't performed as well as I expected based on preseason rankings.

Scoring:

Tackle Solo 1.5 Tackle Assist 0.5

Sack 3

Interception 3

Fumble Force 2

Fumble Recovery 2

Defensive Touchdown 6

Pass Defended 1

Thanks for any help.

Edited by Grogansghost

I've been a member of the huddle for a bit, but fairly new to IDP's.

I'd like help analyzing my IDP's to determine which players are solid long term prospects and which are flukes where I might be chasing the trends after a good match-up. Basically: Keeper, Prospect, or Fluke.

It's a 12 team league where we only start: DB, DL, LB, and D-flex. (the league uses yahoo, so some players are eligible for more than one position)

My players:

D/Flex - Elvis Dumervil - Den - DL/LB*

DB - Bryan Scott - Buf- S - (picked up for matchup against NO)

DL - Antwan Odom - Cin - far exceeding past performance - maybe he couldn't get enough of a chance in TEN?

LB - London Fletcher - WAS

On bench:

Quinten Mikkel - PHI - S

Kirk Morrison - Oak - LB - hasn't performed as well as I expected based on preseason rankings.

Scoring:

Tackle Solo 1.5 Tackle Assist 0.5

Sack 3

Interception 3

Fumble Force 2

Fumble Recovery 2

Defensive Touchdown 6

Pass Defended 1

Thanks for any help.

Your flex should be Morrison...not Dumervil...he will get lots more tackles.....but your team looks ok. You have to have better options on your WW than Bryan Scott though....get a SS or a Corner like Antoine Winfield or Charles Tillman.

My players:

D/Flex - Elvis Dumervil - Den - DL/LB* - Prospect-ish

DB - Bryan Scott - Buf- S - (picked up for matchup against NO) - Keeper

DL - Antwan Odom - Cin - far exceeding past performance - maybe he couldn't get enough of a chance in TEN? - Fluke-ish

LB - London Fletcher - WAS - Keeper

On bench:

Quinten Mikkel - PHI - S - Keeper, and should probably be starting ahead of Scott

Kirk Morrison - Oak - LB - hasn't performed as well as I expected based on preseason rankings. - WHAT? His 4-point effort was the anomaly as compared to the 26-point one. He should be your flex player.

Dumervil had a huge Week 2, but don't get used to that. I'd expect about 5-6 points per game, with the occasional nice game with a sack.

Scott is playing well and producing fantasy-wise, despite Donte Whitner killin' it. Expect solid production week to week, until further notice.

Odom is off to a ridiculous start, but I seriously doubt he will keep it up. If you can find a sucker to trade him to, go for it.

Mikell is a top-5 DB and should be started every week.

Morrison is a beast, and like I mentioned above, the first game was an anomaly and he could have still been affected by the minor elbow injury. He's a stud and should be your flex, as Fletcher also puts up LB1 numbers on a consistent basis.

Welcome to the IDP forum!

Edited by darin3

Your flex should be Morrison...not Dumervil...he will get lots more tackles.....but your team looks ok. You have to have better options on your WW than Bryan Scott though....get a SS or a Corner like Antoine Winfield or Charles Tillman.

Scott could very well be in line for a top 15 year at DB this year and this week he is a top play versus the Saints. SS versus the Saints have put up 18 solo tackles....Scott could very well top double digits this week and until Poz gets back into the middle of that defense Scott should continue to see added oppportunities

Thanks for the help everyone. I really appreciate it.

Probably overreacted to Morrison's first game because I watched that one but didn't see his week 2. Going to get him back into the flex. Thanks.

Honestly, he does have the mild propensity to disappear in some matchups, but of course the potential for huge games.