[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ward starting Week 3

budlitebrad

Hope everyone sold high on Caddy while they had the chance.

Hmm.. I don't know how accurate the Pewter Report is, but this is surprising. I own both in one league and need one of them to eek out a few points. I've got Caddy plugged in right now but I'll wait to see if I hear more.

He has been on the report this week. Think it was an ankle issue. Don't think it is major but again he didn't look all that great last week with 9 rushing yards anyways.

Nope.

Knee "soreness", which they are saying isn't related to his two knee surgeries (a statement I find hard to beleive). They said it was from the pounding they took on the artificial turf last week.

ETA: though he did practice today, per KFFL:

Buccaneers | Williams practicing Friday

Comment (0)

Fri, 25 Sep 2009 08:49:06 -0700

Rick Stroud, of the St. Petersburg Times, reports Tampa Bay Buccaneers RB Cadillac Williams (knee) is participating in practice Friday, Sept. 25.

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

He has been on the report this week. Think it was an ankle issue. Don't think it is major but again he didn't look all that great last week with 9 rushing yards anyways.

Sure enough, I refresh my league Lineup Submission page and there's the big Q next to Caddy. :wacko:

The Bucs will start Derrick Ward over Cadillac Williams (questionable, knee) in Week 3 against the Giants, according to Pewter Report.

The rest of the Tampa papers confirmed the report, as Williams' knee is predictably acting up again. Should Ward play well against his former team, this could institute a changing of the guard in Tampa. Williams was unproductive on his seven Week 2 carries and was never going to hold up physically. With Williams and Earnest Graham banged up, Ward is a candidate for 20+ touches Sunday.