[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I just picked up Calvin Johnson via free agents due to stupidness..

robert terni

Was on my fantasy website looking at free agents and noticed someone dropped calvin johnson a few minutes before I logged in and of course I scooped him up! Few mins later the team that had him wrote a message saying he accidentally cut calvin and realized what he did and tried to scoop him up. But of course I beat him to it! Now he's ranting on how messed up it is if I don't send him back to his team...am I wrong? This is a $300 entry league..thoughts?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was on my fantasy website looking at free agents and noticed someone dropped calvin johnson a few minutes before I logged in and of course I scooped him up! Few mins later the team that had him wrote a message saying he accidentally cut calvin and realized what he did and tried to scoop him up. But of course I beat him to it! Now he's ranting on how messed up it is if I don't send him back to his team...am I wrong? This is a $300 entry league..thoughts?

I give him back. YOU know he made a mistake.

I think you know it was a mistake. And the other owner contacted you within minutes. Sometimes cursor movement at the last second causes a mistake as to which player has been chosen. My best buddy has done this a few times when submitting lineups and on a waiver move or two.

You should man up and make it right IMHO.

Edited by slambo

Thanks for your inputs but after considering all the options I think calvin has found a new home! The way I look at it is if the table were turned I believe that team would have kept him! This is my 1st year and the leagues online so I have no idea who these people are! I'm trying to win $3000...and I thin calvins the missing piece of the puzzle :wacko:

Thanks for your inputs but after considering all the options I think calvin has found a new home! The way I look at it is if the table were turned I believe that team would have kept him! This is my 1st year and the leagues online so I have no idea who these people are! I'm trying to win $3000...and I thin calvins the missing piece of the puzzle :wacko:

LOL...wow.

I'm sure the other owner is appealing to the commish. For such a big money league I would hope there are very detailed written rules covering this scenario. If that's the case, and any user error stands, then I guess you're in the right.

Thanks for your inputs but after considering all the options I think calvin has found a new home! The way I look at it is if the table were turned I believe that team would have kept him! This is my 1st year and the leagues online so I have no idea who these people are! I'm trying to win $3000...and I thin calvins the missing piece of the puzzle :D

U will Rot in Fantasy Hell for that one! Karma is a biatch! If Calvin goes down cause of this ur goin down :wacko:

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe

Thanks for your inputs but after considering all the options I think calvin has found a new home! The way I look at it is if the table were turned I believe that team would have kept him! This is my 1st year and the leagues online so I have no idea who these people are! I'm trying to win $3000...and I thin calvins the missing piece of the puzzle :D

:wacko:

Another thought -- why was the player not put on waivers? That's a serious issue for a big money league. I had a similar scenario two years ago, a noob dropped Ray Lewis for Chris Gocong because he was an Eagles fan and I just happened to be online and grabbed him. Two weeks later Lewis had 12 tackles and a pick-6. We were using MFL, I think the commish neglected to set up the waivers properly.

Another thought -- why was the player not put on waivers? That's a serious issue for a big money league. I had a similar scenario two years ago, a noob dropped Ray Lewis for Chris Gocong because he was an Eagles fan and I just happened to be online and grabbed him. Two weeks later Lewis had 12 tackles and a pick-6. We were using MFL, I think the commish neglected to set up the waivers properly.

that's what I said in post 10

So why did you post here? To brag? Overwhelming against keeping him, but you do anyway. Well, we aren't impressed. We think you are worry wart bag :wacko:

Edited by kcmast

:wacko: Just after I posted, I saw that dude's name in italics at the bottom so I was dying to know whether he was going to be an a-hole or not. Guess that question is answered.

Again, why ask? Obviously the fact that basically everyone said the exact same thing had no effect on you.

Sorry ETA: "Thanks for all the inputs but after considering all the options..." That's outstanding. Um, you apparently really only considered one option because you asked for opinions and ignored them.

Edited by detlef

Lame