[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Felix Jones

hooknladder

i've noticed a couple of sites have Felix Jones ranked pretty low this week, (like 18,21), i would think whether or not Barber is able to go that Felix would be a pretty solid play against the Panthers. at the very least you would expect a couple extra touches. i'm surprised such an explosive player is not getting a little more love. i'm seriously considering playing him over Fred Jackson and Steven Jackson.

...i wonder if anyone feels the same? :wacko:

There have been a lot of questions asked and a lot of blog posts written about Cowboys running back Marion Barber's status for Monday Night Football.

And we predictably won't know Barber's status for certain before the evening of the game.

The signs aren't great. ESPN's Matt Mosley reports that the Cowboys are leaning towards keeping Barber out and a local sports anchor reported that Barber would miss the game.

Tashard Choice and Felix Jones are expected to split the workload against Carolina if Barber is out.

For Carolina, the team's top draft pick defensive end Everette Brown (ankle), safety Chris Harris (knee), and fullback Brad Hoover (back) are all doubtful to play.

Barber's injury hasn't changed the betting action on the game. The Panthers are eight and a half point underdogs, a fact that puts just a little more pressure on the Cowboys as they try to avoid losing their first two games in the house that Jerry built.

Marion Barber (strained quad) was listed as questionable for Monday night and Cowboys coach Wade Phillips said the running back won't be active if he can only be used on a limited basis.

Barber was at practice Saturday, but was limited once again. Phillips admitted that Barber has swelling in his quad but said he'll probably be a game-time decision on Monday. ESPN's Matt Mosley reported Friday that the Cowboys are leaning toward holding Barber out. We expect Felix Jones and Tashard Choice to handle the load.Source: Dallas Morning News

Hard to tell what the split will be with MBIII out. We know Choice can be a 15-20 carry guy, but Jones has never had more than 10 carries in a game and he's not worth much in PPR.

I can see going with him for one week against a good matchup, like with Carolina, but it would depend on my other options. I would probably start SJax, FJax, and Choice ahead of him, especially in PPR leagues.

i'm shocked at these responses...to me he seems like a special player whos true potential has never been realized due to lack of touches.

I can't disagree with you on his talent, but I would want to see who they put in on passing downs and who gets the GL touches. All my leagues have some form of PPR, so that's what I usually look for.

If I owned both and Barber was OUT I'd play Choice. Of course, when it comes to this stupid game we play, I'm often wrong.

I think Felix could do more with a good amount of touches......

Choice is more of a limited time back.....felix is the one who can make the big plays imo..

I can't disagree with you on his talent, but I would want to see who they put in on passing downs and who gets the GL touches. All my leagues have some form of PPR, so that's what I usually look for.

i'm also PPR. i could see Felix in a Chris Johnson type roll and Choice being more similar to LeNdale White :wacko:

i'm also PPR. i could see Felix in a Chris Johnson type roll and Choice being more similar to LeNdale White :wacko:

I think Felix has more longterm value than Choice....and couldn't even cut it as a White type of RB....

I think that Choice is too much of a slasher type of RB and at heart, he isn't the physical RB that they would need to complement Felix...he's just a little fiesty..

If I owned both and Barber was OUT I'd play Choice. Of course, when it comes to this stupid game we play, I'm often wrong.

HBTC you know I have them interested in Choice make me a deal, I think your comment was along the lines of he's hoping my RB gets injured. :wacko:

I am leaning more toward Felix as I agree with hook I think he could do more with the touches he gets, although Choice carried me last year at the end.

I think Felix has more longterm value than Choice....and couldn't even cut it as a White type of RB....

I think that Choice is too much of a slasher type of RB and at heart, he isn't the physical RB that they would need to complement Felix...he's just a little fiesty..

i tend to agree. making the case for Felix even stronger.

poopy, I only own about 3 players in that league worth having and I'm not trading them for Choice.

I'll deal for him if you want, just don't aim too high. :wacko:

was looking at your roster after I posted this and realize you are in worst shape than I am. Was looking for a back up QB but I see you are in the same boat I am in.