[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

SEC Football

gilthorp

SEC is a little down this year. Pac-10 looks like they are closing the gap with the Big 12 a close 3rd.

SEC down? :wacko: 3 out 4 of the top ranked teams are from the SEC

#1 Florida

#3 Alabama

#4 LSU

And who, in particular, is closing the gap? It does appear that the Pac 10 is deeper this year than in the past but it appears at the expense of having an elite team.

LSU should have lost that one. Chitty play calling by MSU.

You mean COULD have lost not should have. Think about it. Miss State tried running the ball twice with Dixon on that goal line stance with no success, Bulldogs then tried throwingwith no success then went back to the run of 4th with no success. Even IF Miss State would have scored there are no guarantees they would have made the extra point and if they did make it that LSU wouldn't have scored again themselves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxC-IKzPvQM

Nice try, but baiting doesn't work with me.. Tell me the #13 ranked team with certainty. Can't do it. If anyone here saw LSU play last weekend and think that they're a top 5 team, they need help.

This sure does sound like certainty to me or are you a closet Texas fan who likes steers? :wacko:

"If LSU is the 4th best team in the country, I'll sing The Eyes of Texas...while making it with bevo"

The point I'm making is no other team deserves it any more than LSU. Winning on the road in the SEC isn't as easy as you might think. Just ask the Rebels of Ole Miss.

Edited by Rockerbraves

This sure does sound like certainty to me or are you a closest Texas fan who likes steers? :wacko:

"If LSU is the 4th best team in the country, I'll sing The Eyes of Texas...while making it with bevo"

Slaps forehead.

I'll send you a reading comprehension book.

Ok.....I'm going to say this and be done with it because it seems to me you're looking for conflict, any conflict, to entertain yourself. There is a BIG difference between winning a close game on the road while looking good and winning a close game on the road and looking like crap. Most of the nation feels pretty much the same way about that game.

On that note............buh bye.

Ok.....I'm going to say this and be done with it because it seems to me you're looking for conflict, any conflict, to entertain yourself. There is a BIG difference between winning a close game on the road while looking good and winning a close game on the road and looking like crap. Most of the nation feels pretty much the same way about that game.

In all fairness, I do think it was a pretty simple question. If not LSU, then who? I mean, it's a whole lot easier to point out who shouldn't be than who should be.

The good news is that LSU will have to beat 2 pretty good teams and two elite teams over the next several weeks or they won't stay at #4. In other words, the debate will certainly be settle one way or another. However, again, if not them, then who?

Edited by detlef

No conflict just discussion. :wacko:

Look the BIGGEST difference between good teams and OK teams is that the good ones seem to find a way to win even if things don't go exactly like they had planned.

And who, in particular, is closing the gap? It does appear that the Pac 10 is deeper this year than in the past but it appears at the expense of having an elite team.

You're absolutely wrong if you don't think that USC is an "elite" team. True, they lost a game they probably shouldn't have but come on .... not an elite team? That's nonsense. This program has been the most dominant team in college football over the last decade, finishing in the Top 4 in 7 consecutive seasons! Even with all the departures to the NFL I'd be shocked in they weren't there again this year in January. Regardless of losing almost half their starters to the NFL, the USC Trojans are as good as any team in the country. There is more parity, this year, than any I can remember in a while.

I'll put the 9 top Pac-10 teams up against the Top 9 teams of the SEC (leaving out WSU, Kentucky, Arkansas and Vanderbilt)

USC > Florida (Pete Carrol doesn't lose BIG games and I think USC's line play would be the difference)

Cal < Alabama (I don't think bama has the athletes to beat Cal but I'll give them the nod because of the egg Cal laid in Eugene last week)

Oregon = LSU (Great speed and athletes on both programs. This one would be fun to watch)

UCLA > Auburn (UCLA beats Auburn, the same way they beat Tennessee in Knoxville)

Arizona St. < Ole Miss (Ole Miss is better than what they showed last week)

Stanford > So. Carolina (Stanfords O-line would be too much for So Carolina and SC couldn't put up enough points to match Stanford)

Arizona = Georgia (Close game. I think Georgia is better than their ranking but Arizona is tough too and just beat OSU in Corvallis)

Oregon St. < Mississippi St. (MSU in a close one)

Washington = Tennessee (The bruins went into Knoxville and handled the Vols so UW has the players to do the same, especially on a neutral field)

You're absolutely wrong if you don't think that USC is an "elite" team. True, they lost a game they probably shouldn't have but come on .... not an elite team? That's nonsense. This program has been the most dominant team in college football over the last decade, finishing in the Top 4 in 7 consecutive seasons! Even with all the departures to the NFL I'd be shocked in they weren't there again this year in January. Regardless of losing almost half their starters to the NFL, the USC Trojans are as good as any team in the country. There is more parity, this year, than any I can remember in a while.

I'll put the 9 top Pac-10 teams up against the Top 9 teams of the SEC (leaving out WSU, Kentucky, Arkansas and Vanderbilt)

USC > Florida (Pete Carrol doesn't lose BIG games and I think USC's line play would be the difference)

Cal < Alabama (I don't think bama has the athletes to beat Cal but I'll give them the nod because of the egg Cal laid in Eugene last week)

Oregon = LSU (Great speed and athletes on both programs. This one would be fun to watch)

UCLA > Auburn (UCLA beats Auburn, the same way they beat Tennessee in Knoxville)

Stanford > So. Carolina (Stanfords O-line would be too much for So Carolina and SC couldn't put up enough points to match Stanford)

Arizona = Georgia (Close game. I think Georgia is better than their ranking but Arizona is tough too and just beat OSU in Corvallis)

Washington = Tennessee (The bruins went into Knoxville and handled the Vols so UW has the players to do the same, especially on a neutral field)

I feel obligated to point out that Urban hasn't lost too many big games either.

USC won a game they probably shouldn't have as well at Ohio State. Personally, I think the gap in the Pac 10 is closing on USC. If you asked me last week, I woulda said Cal would be the one to finally de-throne them. I think USC=Florida until someone outside of the Pac 10 can show me they can beat USC, OSU came as close as a Vince Youngless team can come, but didn't get the job done. That said, Florida's defense has the speed to hang with the athletes of USC. But give Carroll a month to prepare for any team, and he wins ALMOST every time, that's why I say = there. If Bama establishes any sort of run against Cal, it will be roll tide. Oregon=LSU? I think that's pretty accurate. Put em in Eugene and Oregon wins, and vice versa in Baton Rouge. Arizona State would handle Ole Miss. Ole Miss could well be the biggest frauds in the country. However, Auburn would take UCLA to the woodshed. Auburn's offense is 100 times better this year than last, and there defense is just as good or equal to Tennessee, who pretty much held UCLA in check (187 yards of offense). Good win for UCLA to be sure, but I think you'll find out this weekend that Tennessee is no Auburn. South Carolina vs Stanford would be an interesting game, but I think the Gamecocks would pull it out. I saw Arizona first hand against my Hawkeyes already, and they have a lot of speed and a lot of good athletes, however their offensive line isn't suited to handle fast defenses. I would have to give the nod to the Dawgs, just based on my own experience in viewing Arizona for 4 quarters. MSU impressed me, and should've won vs LSU if not for 3 bonehead playcalls at the goalline. I too, think the Bulldogs would win a close one against the Beavers. I also have to agree that Washington is equal to Tennessee. That would be quite the game IMO.

:wacko: LSU is not the fourth best team in the country. plain and simple. their O-line is putrid they cannot run the ball what so ever. Jefferson goes back to pass and has to run for his life. They have no leaders on the D-line and LB like years past. I really do not know what team you have been watching but the next few weeks will settle this debate. Georgia followed by Florida. and yes I expect the Tigers to have trouble with Geogia.