[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FF hazing, pranks, quirks

Grogansghost

What are some of the funny/odd things people have seen?

The winner of one of my leagues gets to rename the loser of the toilet bowl for the following season.

I have one friend who always submits a false line-up early in the week, no matter how obvious, and then switches it out at gametime.

My friend who worships Notre Dame accidentally dropped Reggie Wayne and someone immediately snatched up Wayne and made the ND fan change his team name to "Leinart Lover" before giving Wayne back (it was the year of the Reggie Bush push game).

I know none of those are especially great - but I'm looking for some ideas to spice up some of my leagues and/or torture leaguemates.

I'm also a fan of the Belicheck approach of keeping them guessing till gametime.

Here's a couple I think I might do:

1) Wait until your #1 pick has an absolutely monster day. Then propose a trade with the team you just played for him + all your bench trash for all of his best starters. Either way, you get your point across, and if they're dumb enough, you might just end up giving up one star for a team full of them.

2)If it gets late in the season, you're happy with your team/bench, and you land the #1 waiver spot, consider dropping your #1 guy and then reclaiming him, just to torture everyone. There's nothing but junk going on the wire by then anyway (but I might still be scared it could somehow backfire).

I like the idea about the winner renaming the loser next year. We might have to do that.

I'm in a local with 7 very good owners and one that managed to stink it up every year. Last year I renamed his team Never Contended and he may not change it back until he, well, contends.

Last year I was at the defending champ's (chump's) house around draft day and he insisted on being cocky and changing his team name to DFC for Defending F*****g Champions. On my laptop I changed it to Pretty Pink Ponies and uploaded a nice supporting pic, swung it around to his 6 year old daughter and showed her "daddy's new team". She loved it and he had to live with it for quite some time - maybe even the whole year.

I do a weekly summary on our league message boards named Weekly Commissioner Awards. Most are light cracks of one of the onwer's decisions or unluky fates that week. We currently have one of those weird starts where one team is 2-0 (me) 6 are 1-1, and one is 0-2. 0-2 is a huge Highlander geek and named his team There Can Be Only One.

The There Can Be Only One AwardAs in one 0-2 team.

We have a IR-type rule instituted for the guy that had an unlucky streak of injuries to his stud draft picks that left him flailing each season and then whined about it incessently. We agreed to the rule but only by naming it after him. He hasn't been in the league for about 5 years now but the Fraley Rule still exists.

Edited by flemingd

I have one friend who always submits a false line-up early in the week, no matter how obvious, and then switches it out at gametime.

I'm also a fan of the Belicheck approach of keeping them guessing till gametime.

What's the point of these? I guess it might give a false sense of pending victory, but I doubt it. Especially if they always do it, don't most people see through it? I usually don't even look at who I'm playing or what their roster is until shortly before game time. I start the players that I think are going to get me the most points and my opponents roster do nothing to affect my scoring.

What's the point of these? I guess it might give a false sense of pending victory, but I doubt it. Especially if they always do it, don't most people see through it? I usually don't even look at who I'm playing or what their roster is until shortly before game time. I start the players that I think are going to get me the most points and my opponents roster do nothing to affect my scoring.

Just a way of messing with them I suppose. :wacko: I don't know if you really gain anything by it. I usually just change my lineup as I make my decisions through the week (sometimes often if the voices in my head get loud enough).

As far as I can tell there's absolutely no point to it - but for some reason that owner thinks he's being clever. Now I think he continues to do it mostly to be stubborn after people have pointed out that it doesn't make a difference.

House whiskey shots anytime any team drafts a player that's already been taken off the board at the draft. This year's rookie team was forced to take shots anytime any team did this.....provided for some comedy in the late rounds...

I wish we could do this - in all the leagues I'm in we're all over the country. One of these years we're going to meet in Vegas.

Last year I was at the defending champ's (chump's) house around draft day and he insisted on being cocky and changing his team name to DFC for Defending F*****g Champions. On my laptop I changed it to Pretty Pink Ponies and uploaded a nice supporting pic, swung it around to his 6 year old daughter and showed her "daddy's new team". She loved it and he had to live with it for quite some time - maybe even the whole year.

This is funny - I love that you incorporated the guys daughter against him.

What's the point of these?

To have fun, and screw around with your friends. This is entitled fantasy pranks, not strategy. Of course it shouldn't even matter to the other player. Their lineup should have their "best" players in regardless.

But if you're looking for an edge on your opponent, I'm pretty sure tactics like naming the league loser won't work. See, it even sounds stupid when i say it.