[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

RedZone Channel

kpholmes

Sitting down with it for the first time this week on Comcast...

No audio on this specific channel for any TV in the house...

Also, is there a separate RedZone Channel on Comcast for HD? Or is it not offered in HD?

Thought I'd see what you fellas had to say before sitting on the phone with Comcast...

Is the other redzone channel the same as the DirecTV redzone channel? Is it similar?

I have 2 big screen TVs in my family room, one on DTV redzone and the other on a game. But I'm tired of the $300, and it's only going up.

If the redzone on Dish is just $6 a month, I'm switching next year

I don't see what all of the debate over DirecTV vs the other providers is about. It seems pretty easy to me. If you care about football, you get DirecTV and the Ticket. If you are cheap you get another provider and the NFL Red Zone channel and spend a buch of time trying to justify why its just not as good.

As far as I can tell the RedZone I get here in Seattle predicates itself on "showing ALL redzone series". I watched last week, and they bounced back and forth between any game that had teams driving in the redzone. Anytime a TD or FG happened they would switch and show that event. So they weren't specifically targeting local teams, they showed bits a pieces of ALL games!! Plus they would update injuries for all games, which is how I picked up Coffee at 11:15 am last Sunday (our waiver is first come first serve). Huge advantage for those of us who have RedZone!

What a great channel for only $6 a month. I can find $6 a month in change by searching under my car seat and looking in my sock drawer.

I don't see what all of the debate over DirecTV vs the other providers is about. It seems pretty easy to me. If you care about football, you get DirecTV and the Ticket. If you are cheap you get another provider and the NFL Red Zone channel and spend a buch of time trying to justify why its just not as good.

The economy sucks. $6 a month is better than $300 a year.

:wacko:

Money has nothing to do w/ it, at least for me. I don't want a dish...period! "Redzone" is the berries. Great concept, no comml's, and all action.

The economy sucks. $6 a month is better than $300 a year.

Especially when you're already paying more than $1500 per year for season tickets, so that means you could only use the thing on roughly half the weeks. They should do a "Season Ticket Holders" version of the package that would only show the extra games on weeks when your team is on the road. That way I could take advantage without wasting half of it. I'm a genius.

If you have a smartphone you can download an app to watch the ticket on your phone. If you were physically at a game, you could still watch all of the other games real time. Best option at home and you can take it with you...value still seems to win over price.

If you have a smartphone you can download an app to watch the ticket on your phone. If you were physically at a game, you could still watch all of the other games real time. Best option at home and you can take it with you...value still seems to win over price.

Too much distraction at the game. I paid good money to be completely involved in the game. I'm a Rams fan first, a FF player second (even though I started playing FF before the Rams moved here.)

I started a new thread so folks might be aware.... Verizon is offering a free preview of Redzone from 1pm to 4pm today on channel 835....

Verizon is a TV provider in your area?