[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So Slaton starts running well n they give it to Brown on the goal line...

42zero

Kubiak has said all offseason Brown was going to be the goalline back. If you are expecting Slaton to get those looks maybe YOU need to get the right RB next time.

FWIW, that was a questionable fumble call anyway.

I hear you on the GL, but I think we all knew that would happen (Brown 0-2 today on the GL with a fumble).

My bigger issue is Slaton averages 6 YPC yet gets only 12 carries. When did it become a pass only situation in Hou?

Poor play calling.

Today was a step in the right direction for Slaton. 100 yards total O. Over 6 YPC. Brown averages 2 YPC and gets stuffed twice on the GL including costing them the game with a fumble.

Maybe they'l rethink Brown at the GL (doubt it yet), but they CLEARLY need to get Slaton more than 12 carries IMO.

Kubiak has said all offseason Brown was going to be the goalline back. If you are expecting Slaton to get those looks maybe YOU need to get the right RB next time.

Yea well they just makes them even more stupid. Slaton is the more powerful rb and better all around so he should be getting the ball in those situations. I guess they just realized that the hard way.

Yea well they just makes them even more stupid. Slaton is the more powerful rb and better all around so he should be getting the ball in those situations. I guess they just realized that the hard way.

Let me know when you land the OC job in Hou so I can move Slaton up my board :wacko:

No, I don't think it was.

Slaton owners: I saw signs of life from him today. It's only a matter of time before Christal Brown gets hurt.

Slaton owners: I saw signs of life from him today. It's only a matter of time before Christal Brown gets hurt.

I agree. And the bigger issue today was the play calling not Brown on the GL.

KNEW Brown was the GL guy.

Slaton needs more than 12 carries when he is averaging 6 YPC.

THAT has to change.

Over 100 total yards is a good start though.

:wacko:

Not saying it was the wrong call...........just that it really could have gone either way. I don't question that he fumbled, just thought he was across when the ball cam out. It was damn close.

I agree. And the bigger issue today was the play calling not Brown on the GL.

KNEW Brown was the GL guy.

Slaton needs more than 12 carries when he is averaging 6 YPC.

THAT has to change.

Over 100 total yards is a good start though.

would it matter to you if you knew that 7 of his 12 carries went for 3 yards or less?

or that of his 12 carries he was only able to put runs of 4+ together back to back just once.

Edited by keggerz

Nope.

The pass run ratio is way out of whack.

Does it matter to AP or did it matter to Sanders when they get short runs and then break a few?

At days end the guy was over 6 YPC and they passed time after time.

That wasn't the right way to play it IMO.

Their next 5 games or so are all against VERY soft run D's (minus SF). Let's see how the next 5 weeks or so play out for Houston.

Nope.

The pass run ratio is way out of whack.

Does it matter to AP or did it matter to Sanders when they get short runs and then break a few?

At days end the guy was over 6 YPC and they passed time after time.

That wasn't the right way to play it IMO.

Their next 5 games or so are all against VERY soft run D's (minus SF). Let's see how the next 5 weeks or so play out for Houston.

But why force the run when the passing game is working?

Keeps things balanced.

They scord 24 points. Isn't like they were piling them on.

Not saying 50/50, but Houston is not simply a pass just about every play team.

Need at least some balance.

And Slaton was running pretty well also.

Should have been up around 17 or 18 carries IMO.

Not saying it was the wrong call...........just that it really could have gone either way. I don't question that he fumbled, just thought he was across when the ball cam out. It was damn close.

They reviewed it. I thought it was pretty clear he wasn't across the line. :wacko:

They reviewed it. I thought it was pretty clear he wasn't across the line. :wacko:

With all of the bodies in that pile there was no great view that showed a down knee or that he was across so they had to keep original call.

Keeps things balanced.

They scord 24 points. Isn't like they were piling them on.

Not saying 50/50, but Houston is not simply a pass just about every play team.

Need at least some balance.

And Slaton was running pretty well also.

Should have been up around 17 or 18 carries IMO.

Have to agree here. The Kube is not very good at game planning. Installing Brown aint like putting Lendale White out there with short and goal... it's a blatant play call when Brown is in there. The D KNOWS what is coming. Brown is nowhere good or powerful enough to just power in when the D knows he's getting the ball.

Slaton needs to get more touches, and yes, at the GL too, so the D has to protect against more than an up the gut run. The Houston O line just is not good enough to do that, and neither is Brown. So.... I am basically in agreement with the TS....

would it matter to you if you knew that 7 of his 12 carries went for 3 yards or less?

or that of his 12 carries he was only able to put runs of 4+ together back to back just once.

Seriously? Is ignoring or diminishing the big/good runs supposed to be an indication of something tangible? You could throw out similar stat analysis like this for ~ 99.99% of any RB performance.

I randomly looked at ADP's day. He had 19 carries today and 14 were 3 yards or less; Of ADPs 19 carries he also only put 4+ yard back to back together runs just once.

You know, Frank Gore pretty much sucked last week beyond 2 plays. :wacko:

Edited by bushwacked

Have to agree here. The Kube is not very good at game planning. Installing Brown aint like putting Lendale White out there with short and goal... it's a blatant play call when Brown is in there. The D KNOWS what is coming. Brown is nowhere good or powerful enough to just power in when the D knows he's getting the ball.

Slaton needs to get more touches, and yes, at the GL too, so the D has to protect against more than an up the gut run. The Houston O line just is not good enough to do that, and neither is Brown. So.... I am basically in agreement with the TS....

Kubiak doesn't call the plays Kyle Shanahan does.