[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just received this Skins email

cliaz

I would like to thank Daniel Snyder for ruining the Washington Redskins. I have been a fan of the Redskins for over 30 years. I can remember the first Superbowl they won under Joe Gibbs as a child, and I can remember the last one they won my senior year in High School. Those were truly great times with a real owner, Head Coach, and General Manager. I remember all of the hope when Norv Turner was signed as HC, and Heath Shuler was drafted. After several years of losing seasons Mr. Cooke died and left his estate to his son John Kent Cooke. The Redskins went to auction per Mr. Cooke's wishes. This was the first sign and in my opinion the downfall of the franchise. Money became the number 1 priority of the franchise. Daniel Snyder overbid John Kent Cooke and purchased the team for at the time record $800 million dollars. At this time I believe the focus of winning went to making money. Danny Boy had a revolving door of Head Coaches with the likes of Robiskie, Shotty, Spurrier, Gibbs, and now Zorn. He fired Charlie Casserly as GM, and replaced him with Serrano. Over the years Serrano has enabled Snyder to play fantasy football with the Redskins. He has let good players leave, and had to sign overpriced to replace them. All the while turning this team into one of the most profitable teams in the league. I finally agree with the American Indian's in their lawsuit about the name "Redskins". This team is not the Redskins anymore. I believe Danny Boy should drop the name Redskins, and colors burgundy and gold. Then, change the name to either Washington Profits, or Washington Snyders and change the colors to green. Thank you Danny Boy for ruining my favorite team.

A disgruntled fan

Money became the number 1 priority of the franchise...At this time I believe the focus of winning went to making money...All the while turning this team into one of the most profitable teams in the league...Then, change the name to either Washington Profits, or Washington Snyders and change the colors to green.
The guy is under the illusion that all the other teams AREN'T in it for the money. Some owners, presidents, and or other high ranking management types may also truly love the game and let their love also guide them, but ultimately it always comes down to money in some form or another. It's either a job (for non-owner management) or an investment (for owners)...unless your name is Al Davis then it's something to occupy your senile years and screw over your heirs in the near future.

Thank you Danny Boy for ruining my favorite team.
Had Danny Boy created the ultimate winning team by doing the exact same thing, would the writer feel the same way? I bet not. It's not all about the money, but more the lack of wins that matter more significant for the fan.

Had Danny Boy created the ultimate winning team by doing the exact same thing, would the writer feel the same way? I bet not. It's not all about the money, but more the lack of wins that matter more significant for the fan.

I could not disagree with you more. Danny has ruined the Skins is so many ways by crapping on the very fundamental football things you used to be able to do. You can no longer park at the local malls and catch a shuttle over to Fedex field for free. Now you can only park in a few roped off parkinglots over 4 miles away and it costs you $35 to part and $25 for the shuttle. You can no longer tailgate like we used to do. I wont go into the details of this because this is one of the more *%)#*) things he has done. Don't even get me started on being at Fedex field so let me just say this much, do you remember those pay toilets?

Trust me when I tell you, the Skins used to be a NFL team and our team, now they are a sterile shadow of its former self. There is a different between wanting to make money like all other NFL owners [Kraft, etc] and Raping fans for their Money [skins].

Edited by cliaz

I could not disagree with you more. Danny has ruined the Skins is so many ways by crapping on the very fundamental football things you used to be able to do. You can no longer park at the local malls and catch a shuttle over to Fedex field for free. Now you can only park in a few roped off parkinglots over 4 miles away and it costs you $35 to part and $25 for the shuttle. You can no longer tailgate like we used to do. I wont go into the details of this because this is one of the more *%)#*) things he has done. Don't even get me started on being at Fedex field so let me just say this much, do you remember those pay toilets?

Trust me when I tell you, the Skins used to be a NFL team and our team, now they are a sterile shadow of its former self. There is a different between wanting to make money like all other NFL owners [Kraft, etc] and Raping fans for their Money [skins].

I guess I wasn't disputing what Snyder has or done. I'm not a Skins fan nor live in the area so I'm not familiar the specifics of what he has done. It doesn't sound all that different then Jerry Jones charging $75 for stadium parking or $50-75 for nearby stadium parking. Maybe I just happened to be discussing the 2 worst teams for screwing the fans. Either way yeah it does sound like the fans are getting screwed and a poor record to show for it.

Would you have the same feelings if the Redskins had won the superbowl last year and were 3-0 right now?

I guess I wasn't disputing what Snyder has or done. I'm not a Skins fan nor live in the area so I'm not familiar the specifics of what he has done. It doesn't sound all that different then Jerry Jones charging $75 for stadium parking or $50-75 for nearby stadium parking. Maybe I just happened to be discussing the 2 worst teams for screwing the fans. Either way yeah it does sound like the fans are getting screwed and a poor record to show for it.

Would you have the same feelings if the Redskins had won the superbowl last year and were 3-0 right now?

Towards Danny Boy? Absolutely.