[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mike Sims SkyWalker

RussMan

Torry Holt caught three passes for 57 yards against the Texans in Week 3.

Holt was targeted seven times versus 10 for Mike Sims-Walker. The veteran can still get open as a reliable possession receiver, but he no longer has the speed to get deep. This game could be a sign of things to come, with Sims-Walker bypassing Holt as the Jags' top fantasy threat.

Mike Sims-Walker led the Jags with six receptions for 81 yards against the Texans in Week 3.

He nearly reached paydirt on a nice toe-tapping sideline grab inside the 1-yard line. The new starter opposite Torry Holt was targeted 10 times and is more of a big-play threat than Holt. As long as he stays healthy, Sims-Walker has a good shot to be the Jags best fantasy receiver this season.

Torry Holt caught three passes for 57 yards against the Texans in Week 3.

Holt was targeted seven times versus 10 for Mike Sims-Walker. The veteran can still get open as a reliable possession receiver, but he no longer has the speed to get deep. This game could be a sign of things to come, with Sims-Walker bypassing Holt as the Jags' top fantasy threat.

Mike Sims-Walker led the Jags with six receptions for 81 yards against the Texans in Week 3.

He nearly reached paydirt on a nice toe-tapping sideline grab inside the 1-yard line. The new starter opposite Torry Holt was targeted 10 times and is more of a big-play threat than Holt. As long as he stays healthy, Sims-Walker has a good shot to be the Jags best fantasy receiver this season.

grabbed this kid on wednesday....somebody ahead of me predictably grabbed manningham....i was very happy....

grabbed this kid on wednesday....somebody ahead of me predictably grabbed manningham....i was very happy....

Last week I put in for Manningham but had to settle for Burleson. This week I dropped Berrian and added Sims Walker while others put in for Knox and L Robinson... so far so good.

Walker looks like the receiver to have on a team that is probably going to have to be throwing becuase of being behind in games.

any thoughts about the matchup this week?> i havent caught a jax game so far, but tenn on garrard sounds like a lot of pressure.

Not sure how much pressure they are applying on the QB but I do know that while the run D has been solid they have been poor in pass defense. Bodes well for him and Mike Sims "Sky" Walker !

Actually dropped Holt for Sims-Walker after Week 2. No regrets so far, at least in a PPR format. JAX WRs have the 13th easiest schedule from now until Week 16. All we need now is a TD here and there to make the guy an outstanding WR3. I'm playing him this week.

Edited by yo mama

Tried trading Marshall for Sims-Walker.

i own both...sims-walker is a bit smaller....but they are very similar...same school...close to the same round....i really feel like sims-walker could be this years version of a rookie year marques colston or a 2nd year brandon marshall....probably wont match the production...but its possible...and you could have had him off the wire after week 1 or 2

i own both...sims-walker is a bit smaller....but they are very similar...same school...close to the same round....i really feel like sims-walker could be this years version of a rookie year marques colston or a 2nd year brandon marshall....probably wont match the production...but its possible...and you could have had him off the wire after week 1 or 2

As a Garrard owner I hope so.

Sims-Walker certainly is playing as the Jags #1 WR without question. His talent was never in question, now he just has to stay on the field.

Do the Jaguars lead the league in "talent position" players with hyphenated names? MJD, MSW? The only others I can think of that are not linemen, cornerbacks, linebackers, etc are:

BGE (Patriots)

DHB (Raiders)

LSH (Cardinals)

• 2 weeks later...

Sky Walker comes through again. He is showing consistency & performance.

Sims-Walker caught nine passes for a game-high 120 yards in Sunday's 23-20 overtime win against St. Louis. Analysis: Sims-Walker hurt a lot of owners last week after he was deactivated for breaking team rules, but came up big on Sunday. Torry Holt had a strong game with five receptions for 101 yards, but Sims-Walker looks like the real deal in Jacksonville's passing game.

Mike Sims-Walker caught nine passes for 120 yards in the Jaguars' Week 6 win over the Rams. Analysis: Sims-Walker's insertion back into the lineup on Sunday really opened up the Jags' offense, which let Mike Thomas go back to the slot and took all of the focus off of MJD. He consistently beat the Rams' young corners for easy catches over the middle. Sims-Walker is easily an every week fantasy starter. He and the Jags go into their bye week before he has the chance for another huge game against a banged up Tennessee secondary.

Edited by RussMan