[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dwight Freeney

Shorttynaz

Per ESPN, Dwight Freeney has torn his right quad. They say it's major and could possibly miss the remainder of the season. At minimum he will be out several weeks.

Can't find a link as I just saw it on Sportscenter.

Edited by Shorttynaz

Per ESPN, Dwight Freeney has torn his right quad. They say it's major and could possibly miss the remainder of the season. At minimum he will be out several weeks.

I was watching that, too, but the doc on the phone said that's what he understood happened. He based his projections off of the idea that if he felt a pop it is a tear. He also said that the time missed could vary greatly based on the degree of the tear, if that's indeed what it is.

To say that it's torn and is major and could be season-ending is NOT what that report said.

I was watching that, too, but the doc on the phone said that's what he understood happened. He based his projections off of the idea that if he felt a pop it is a tear. He also said that the time missed could vary greatly based on the degree of the tear, if that's indeed what it is.

To say that it's torn and is major and could be season-ending is NOT what that report said.

Thanks to Tivo - I rewound and listened to it again. Dr Michael Kaplan said that Dwight Freeney has "reportedly torn his right quad muscle. For a pass rusher which needs explosive speed and take off - this is a major injury and "potentially" ending his season. They're still waiting on the MRI results to see how much of the muscle is torn - but you've got to expect he will be out a minimum of a few weeks, but could be longer depending on the nature and how much of the muscle that is torn."

So while he didn't say that it is "season ending" - nor did I, they did say that it's possible.

THAT is what you said, and we don't have any idea if that's true. The doc they called said that he "reportedly" tore the quad, and if he did, we have no idea to what degree. That's all I'm saying.

Regardless - it's not good news for an already beat up Colts defense.

This is more than likely a little premature, but the Colts seem to be running away with this division already and will need all the help on defense they can get come time to make another run at #2.

The Colts said today that they don’t know if Dwight Freeney will be able to play in Sunday’s home game against Seattle.

The Pro Bowl defensive end was scheduled to have an MRI today.

After Sunday night’s 31-10 victory at Arizona, Freeney said he “felt something pop” in his right quadriceps.

“Dwight has spoken to a couple of you and expressed he had an injury in a certain area,” Colts coach Jim Caldwell said today. “We’ve reserved comment until the MRI.”

Freeney had two sacks against the Cardinals.

Since the Colts didn’t return until 4 a.m. today after the Sunday night game, the players were not required to come to the Colts complex until later in the day and the normal Monday media availability was cancelled.

Colts middle linebacker Gary Brackett, out with a knee injury suffered against Miami Sept. 21, said today that he doesn’t know if he can play Sunday.

“I’m still day to day,” Brackett said. “I’ve got a bruise on my knee. Obviously, I’m getting better, but I didn’t make the trip because of the flight. This week is going to be another thing.”

Brackett was on hand to receive a Leukemia and Lymphoma Society Chairman’s Citation Award for his support of the Pennies for Patients program, a school-based fundraising campaign.

Brackett was a bone marrow donor when his older brother, Greg, was diagnosed with leukemia.

from indystar.com

Edited by CaptainHook

Team president Bill Polian was unable to offer a prognosis on Freeney on his Monday night radio show. He had yet to meet with the team's medical staff.

"We'll get the results of the tests, but my sense is we'll probably have to play it be ear as the week goes on," Polian said. "But I have not received any bad news at this point."

Conversely, Polian noted Freeney offered some encouraging news as they left University of Phoenix Stadium.

"He said he felt good and he was having no difficulty walking," Polian said. "He basically said, 'If I can walk, I can play.' We'll see."

from indystar.com

Doctors are expecting Indianapolis Colts defensive end Dwight Freeney to miss two to three weeks with a strained quadriceps, a league source said Tuesday morning.

It should be pointed out that in the past, Freeney has been a notoriously quick healer. But if doctors are correct, Freeney would miss the Colts' next two games against Seattle and at Tennessee before Indianapolis hits its bye week on Oct. 18. Under that schedule, Freeney could return for the Colts' game Oct. 25 at St. Louis.

Freeney was apparently injured Sunday night, when Cardinals offensive tackle Levi Brown pulled the Indianapolis defensive end's face mask and Freeney heard a pop in his quad. He underwent an MRI exam on Monday and the Colts received the results Monday night.

from espn.com

Doctors are expecting Indianapolis Colts defensive end Dwight Freeney to miss two to three weeks with a strained quadriceps, a league source said Tuesday morning.

It should be pointed out that in the past, Freeney has been a notoriously quick healer. But if doctors are correct, Freeney would miss the Colts' next two games against Seattle and at Tennessee before Indianapolis hits its bye week on Oct. 18. Under that schedule, Freeney could return for the Colts' game Oct. 25 at St. Louis.

Freeney was apparently injured Sunday night, when Cardinals offensive tackle Levi Brown pulled the Indianapolis defensive end's face mask and Freeney heard a pop in his quad. He underwent an MRI exam on Monday and the Colts received the results Monday night.

from espn.com

Greaaaaat back just in time for the Rams.

from espn.com

I don't understand how you can be "notoriously" for healing quick.

I hope Freeney comes back soon, he is an absolute beast.

I don't understand how you can be "notoriously" for healing quick.

I hope Freeney comes back soon, he is an absolute beast.

Well, if you have several injuries from which you return sooner than the docs expect, you're a "fast healer."

Well, if you have several injuries from which you return sooner than the docs expect, you're a "fast healer."

He meant that "notoriously" means "infamously" or other unfavorable terms.

Not the same as "noted" as a form of that would be correct.

Depending on who's definition, it could go either way. Merriam Webster uses the definion that it's just well known, but it could also have unfavorable meaning. The Free Online Dictionary uses your unfavorable definition only. Dictionary.com says it's both.

At least they didn't continue the annoying trend of saying "He's got a quad". I can't stand that. "He's out with a knee." Ugh. :D:wacko:

INDIANAPOLIS -- Dwight Freeney walked in and out of the Indianapolis Colts locker room with no detectable limp and no crutches Wednesday.

It's a long way from competing on game day.

Indy's best pass-rushing end told reporters he hopes to recover quickly enough from a strained right quadriceps to play Sunday against Seattle even though that appears unlikely.

"Of course, there's frustration because you want to be out there, and I'm not going to say it's done [this week] yet," Freeney said. "I want to be out there."

A typical quad injury keeps players out two to four weeks. But Freeney isn't willing to accept that prognosis just yet.

Instead, the four-time Pro Bowler and former league sacks champ provided Indy's new standard answer, saying he was day-to-day though he missed Wednesday's practice.

Indy (3-0) also is leery about setting a timetable for Freeney's return, in part because of Freeney's previous injury history.

"We're just not quite certain how long exactly it will take him," coach Jim Caldwell said. "He's always been a quick healer."

Caldwell isn't waiting to make contingency plans.

If Freeney can't play Sunday, veteran defensive lineman Raheem Brock will move into the starting lineup opposite Robert Mathis, another Pro Bowl defensive end. Brock has played end and tackle for the Colts, making 96 starts for the Colts over the past eight seasons. This year, Brock has been used primarily in the standup position, moving around the line to give opponents different looks.

"Yeah, I'm in the starting lineup," Brock said. "They [injuries] are part of the game. You've got to go out and pick it up, especially with Dwight out."

Caldwell said opponents also may see more of Eric Foster and Keyunta Dawson, last year's starting defensive tackles, on the outside and perhaps linebacker Philip Wheeler, who played there after Freeney was hurt late in the third quarter Sunday.

Dawson sat out Wednesday's practice with a foot injury.

Another problem for the Colts -- defensive depth. In addition to Freeney, middle linebacker Gary Brackett, safety Bob Sanders and cornerback Kelvin Hayden -- all starters -- could miss Sunday's game, too.

All three missed Sunday's game and none practiced Wednesday, though Brackett (sprained knee) and Hayden (hamstring) also have said they are day-to-day. Sanders, who had offseason knee surgery, has not practiced since training camp began in August.

The Colts adjusted last week by putting veteran Freddy Keiaho in Brackett's spot and Tim Jennings in Hayden's spot against Arizona.

Indy isn't likely to rush any of the starters back into action.

"Being a player, you want to get out and compete and right now things just are not clicking," Hayden said after re-injuring his left hamstring. "I was not 100 percent, but I think I was pretty close before this happened. Hamstrings linger with you the whole season, so you have to be smart about it."

The schedule could wind up helping the Colts, though.

Indy hosts Seattle (1-2), which has had its own injury issues along the offensive line, then visits winless Tennessee -- a game that could give the Colts the early inside track to reclaiming the AFC South title. Then Indy has a bye.

So if Freeney does miss three weeks, he could be back for the Colts' trip to St. Louis on Oct. 25. Or sooner if Freeney gets his way.

"I'm walking fine, but you can't walk on the field," he said. "So I'll do the rehab and see how it feels. If it doesn't happen this week, it doesn't happen.

"Every day, I wake up and hope it's going to be today. If it's not, I'm going to think it will be tomorrow and it's not tomorrow, then I think it'll be the next day. We'll just have to see."

Indianapolis also signed tight end Tom Santi to the practice squad and released tight end Colin Cloherty.

from espn.com