[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Roy Williams

i_am_the_swammi

Hmmm....has this been TO saying "I don't know what my role is on this team", he'd have been blasted for being a cancer.

--Roy Williams Unsure of Primary Function --

Thu Oct 1, 2009 --from FFMastermind.com

The Dallas Morning News reports after three games as the Cowboys' No. 1 wide receiver, WR Roy Williams says he's unsure of his primary function. His four receptions for 75 yards against Carolina on Monday were his most as a Cowboy. That also equaled his total for the previous two games. "I do not know what my role is," Williams said. "I'm just trying to help this team win, whether it's catching the ball, whether it's blocking downfield, whether it's whatever the game is calling for. My role is to ... make plays, whether it's in the run or pass game, I'm guessing." Williams clearly wants the ball more. With Dallas averaging 3.2 more rushing attempts per game than last season, Williams has eight receptions, tied with WR Patrick Crayton for second on the team. TE Jason Witten leads with 19.

Regardless, very :wacko: from a veteran receiver.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kinda stretchy thin...

maybe, but it seems Owen's comments last Sunday were in the same "I' just run the plays that are called vein", and there were those that felt it was more of the same TO.

Either way, a player that has been with the team almost a whole season who doesn't have a clue what his role is seems rather frightening.

maybe, but it seems Owen's comments last Sunday were in the same "I' just run the plays that are called vein", and there were those that felt it was more of the same TO.

Either way, a player that has been with the team almost a whole season who doesn't have a clue what his role is seems rather frightening.

He said he was unsure of his primary function, not that he has no clue what his role is. He blocks and he catches and is unsure which of the two is most important. I don't see anything remotely related to Owens-esque issues or that he is standing there with no idea what to do.

He said he was unsure of his primary function, not that he has no clue what his role is. He blocks and he catches and is unsure which of the two is most important. I don't see anything remotely related to Owens-esque issues or that he is standing there with no idea what to do.

Plus he is a damn good blocker to, who really puts effort into it which is more than could be said for TO

I agree. RW is willing to be a blocker to win a game versus TO's wanting the ball thrown to him on every play.

I agree. RW is willing to be a blocker to win a game versus TO's wanting the ball thrown to him on every play.

TO doesn't like to block but when he does it is good. Guy is a beast.

I remember a few years ago when he play for the 'Girls he ran up the sidelined and made a sick block allowing the WR to score. He came out of no where.

Hmmm....has this been TO saying "I don't know what my role is on this team", he'd have been blasted for being a cancer.

--Roy Williams Unsure of Primary Function --

Thu Oct 1, 2009 --from FFMastermind.com

The Dallas Morning News reports after three games as the Cowboys' No. 1 wide receiver, WR Roy Williams says he's unsure of his primary function. His four receptions for 75 yards against Carolina on Monday were his most as a Cowboy. That also equaled his total for the previous two games. "I do not know what my role is," Williams said. "I'm just trying to help this team win, whether it's catching the ball, whether it's blocking downfield, whether it's whatever the game is calling for. My role is to ... make plays, whether it's in the run or pass game, I'm guessing." Williams clearly wants the ball more. With Dallas averaging 3.2 more rushing attempts per game than last season, Williams has eight receptions, tied with WR Patrick Crayton for second on the team. TE Jason Witten leads with 19.

Regardless, very :D from a veteran receiver.

:D:wacko:

I'll say this, Williams has horrible body language durign the games. If he doesn't get a pass thrown to him, he will just stand where he stopped running his route and stare at Romo. Then, he'll be the last one back to the huddle becasue he's pouting. Not a good sign, IMO.

"I do not know what my role is," Williams said.

:wacko:

Big mistake getting rid of TO IMO.

If T.O's fire on the field was more about the team than his personal achievements I would miss him for more than just what he brought talent wise. Dallas needs a guy like T.O on the field with passion that will stick his foot up somebodies ass but T.O did that for the wrong reasons which defeats the fire entirely.

Worry about your own team. Things must be pretty boring in Philly.... :wacko: