[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colts Homers?

Brentastic

How long before Brown takes over the starting role? I drafted Brown in my local big money, not as a handcuff (don't have Addai) but as a starter by mid-season. Has there been any news locally to suggest he will takeover for Addai? Addai sucks, that much is clear. The rookie runs harder and more determined - how good is is pass blocking?

Edited by Brentastic

Brown hasn't been dramatically better than Addai, generally, at times not even as good. He does have more of an explosiveness, but I'd be shocked if it wasn't about 50/50 (give or take, maybe 60/40 probably favoring Addai) all year.

I don't know...I have such a gut feeling about Donald Brown and something just keeps telling me that he is going to end up as the lead runner in Indy. For the most part when I've seen him come into a game, I feel as though he gives the offense some new life. He seems to bring more energy to the team and I just think they will keep shaving off touches from Addai and favoring Brown more and more with each passing week.

After the Miami game I was really high on him. Been looking at the stat lines and it doesnt look like the Indy backs are getting much work or production. Not sure what to think.

They barely had the ball in the Miami game. Addai actually ran pretty well, except for one stretch play that he took out of bounds. He had 6 carries for 32 yards. Donald Brown had 4 carries for 26 yards and the TD. That's 10 carries for 58 yards. 5.8/ypc.

In the game against Arizona, Addai had 13 carries for 63 yards (4.8 ypc). Brown was 14 carries for 40 yards. But his last 5 carries went for -7 yards as the Colts were trying to run out the clock. So his first 9 carries went for 47 yards (5.2 ypc).

The fact is, the Colts are running the ball pretty well with both backs. They want them both fresh. I don't think they are going to make either of them the "feature" back that all us fantasy guys want. It's gonna be pretty close to 50/50 on touches.

So far, Addai has 45 touches. Donald Brown has 33 touches.

Brown hasn't been dramatically better than Addai, generally, at times not even as good. He does have more of an explosiveness, but I'd be shocked if it wasn't about 50/50 (give or take, maybe 60/40 probably favoring Addai) all year.

This is hogwash. I've seen 2 of the INDY games and Brown most definitely looks better than Addai. Any good run I've seen by Addai has been the result of gaping holes caused by the O-line.

This is hogwash. I've seen 2 of the INDY games and Brown most definitely looks better than Addai. Any good run I've seen by Addai has been the result of gaping holes caused by the O-line.

As a Brown owner I hope you are right. I've thought Addai has looked pretty good the past couple games. Seems to be running with more effort and energy than he did last year. (And yes I owned him last year, ugh.)

I'm not a Colts homer of course but...I'm not impressed with his speed.

He had that nice run to the right late in the game where it literally opened up like the red sea. He was streaking down the sideline and got caught up to by a DB with a bad angle. Don't get me wrong, I think he's a fine back but he doesn't have that speed that most game breakers do.

He had that nice run to the right late in the game where it literally opened up like the red sea. He was streaking down the sideline and got caught up to by a DB with a bad angle. Don't get me wrong, I think he's a fine back but he doesn't have that speed that most game breakers do.

Agreed, not the fastest but many RB don't have that ADP type speed. His determination is what has me excited.

Yeah, he doesn't have blazing speed, but he hits the hole a lot harder, and with his pads down, than Addai. He did have a 72 yard reception, which is the play you're talking about. The DB had the angle on him, IMO.

Curious why you think so? Do you see him getting more opportunities than Addai specifically this week? Just want to know the rationale since I have Brown and he's on my bench right now.

My guess - Colts will win easily and Brown gets a lot of garbage time work.

I think by week 8 Brown starts to get 60% of the workload. I have no info to back this up but it's just my hunch. Overall, Brown seems like the better back but not by a huge margin IMO. The Colts aren't looking to satisfy fantasy owners and know that splitting time between Addai and Brown keeps them both healthy, competitive and gives the offense good balance.

As opposed to all the tackles Brown is breaking?

Agree to disagree. I like Brown long term, but not this year. Classic RBBC.