[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jets Sheppard and Strickland both OUT

i_am_the_swammi

Are we talking about DONALD Strickland? The former Colt? He STARTS for the Jets????

I thought he was out of the league. The dude sucked and was always hurt when he was here. No major loss IMO. Has he actually done anything this year?

I see a big game for Stucky (since the defense will probably pay more attention to Cotchery in the pass game). I picked up and am starting Stucky in place of Fitz (on bye) this week specifically because of this matchup against an uber offense.

Edited by Brentastic

Naaa, if those two are out it definitely hurts the Jets D....I know Revis is up but the Saints just have too many horses to contend with. I think it will be closer than people think but I bet Brees has a solid game.

Losing Strickland is not a big deal. He is average at best.

Edited by CaptainHook

I heard Sheppard might play.....but he's pretty banged up, I still like the Saints WR's (other than Colston) in this matchup regardless of the LT situation in Nawlins...

he has been officially ruled out Official NFL Injury Report provided by LA Times

N.Y. JETS at NEW ORLEANS -- JETS: OUT: CB Lito Sheppard (quadriceps), CB Donald Strickland (ankle). PROBABLE: LB Larry Izzo (hamstring), DT Kris Jenkins (groin), S Jim Leonhard (knee), DT Sione Pouha (ankle), CB Darrelle Revis (hamstring), S Kerry Rhodes (knee), G Matt Slauson (ankle), T Damien Woody (shoulder), WR Wallace Wright (quadriceps). SAINTS: OUT: RB Mike Bell (knee), T Jermon Bushrod (knee, ankle), DT Kendrick Clancy (knee), TE Darnell Dinkins (foot). QUESTIONABLE: CB Malcolm Jenkins (ankle). PROBABLE: WR Rod Harper (foot), LB Jason Kyle (knee, ankle), DE Bobby McCray (back), WR Lance Moore (hamstring).

Are we talking about DONALD Strickland? The former Colt? He STARTS for the Jets????

I thought he was out of the league. The dude sucked and was always hurt when he was here. No major loss IMO. Has he actually done anything this year?

No, he isn't a starter at all. He is a role player, gets maybe 10 snaps a game when the Jets are in a coverage D, like they used against Tenn last week. Ryan uses him as a centerfielder, a guy who roams and follows the ball. Lowery will get most of the snap[s with Sheppard out. Nice week to start Henderson/Meachum. Colston is still going to get his, but probably not one of his hugh 2 TD type games. I think the Jets also shut down Shockey... I like Henderson and Meachum for potentially very big points.