[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Junior Seau takes physical for Patriots

pig devilz

makes sense with all the injuries. Mayo won't play this week, highly doubtful.

Seau previously said he has 'six games' in him. I dont expect him here anytime soon,

but later if needed/wanted....

Seau undergoes physical for Patriots

Former LB says Pats are only team he'd play for

October 3, 2009, 10:32 PM

By: Mike Reiss

Junior Seau repeated this week that he would be willing to return to the Patriots as early as November, and the linebacker-thin Patriots are considering the possibility after putting Seau through a physical.

The physical came while Seau was in Boston this week to film an episode of his upcoming television show "Sports Jobs with Junior Seau," which was a pre-planned trip.

That the Patriots still have Seau on their radar is not surprising, given the mutual admiration between the sides and the team's lack of depth at linebacker.

Seau has said that he would only return to the NFL with the Patriots because of his relationship with coach Bill Belichick and the Kraft family. In an interview with ESPNBoston.com on Thursday, the 40-year-old Seau referred to the Patriots as "we" and "us."

In his brief stop in town, in which he was serving as an equipment manager with the NHL's Washington Capitals, Seau relayed that he heard support from fans who heard he was willing to return to the Patriots as early as November if they needed him.

"A lot of them tell me they are counting down the days," he said.

The Patriots have been hit hard by injuries at linebacker, forcing them to move away from their standard 3-4 alignment and play more 4-3 schemes. They lost third-round draft choice Tyrone McKenzie to a torn ACL in May, second-year player Shawn Crable (groin) was placed on season-ending injured reserve Sept. 5, and 2008 leading tackler Jerod Mayo has missed the last two games after spraining his right MCL in the season opener.

Seau returned to the Patriots last December when the team had a run of injuries at linebacker, and played in the final four games of the season, providing an emotional spark as the team strung together four straight wins before falling short of a playoff berth. If he returns, the 2009 season would mark his 20th in the NFL.

Mike Reiss is the Patriots blogger for ESPNBoston.com. You can reach Mike by leaving a message in his mailbag.

makes sense with all the injuries. Mayo won't play this week, highly doubtful.

Seau previously said he has 'six games' in him. I dont expect him here anytime soon,

but later if needed/wanted....

Seau undergoes physical for Patriots

Former LB says Pats are only team he'd play for

October 3, 2009, 10:32 PM

By: Mike Reiss

Junior Seau repeated this week that he would be willing to return to the Patriots as early as November, and the linebacker-thin Patriots are considering the possibility after putting Seau through a physical.

The physical came while Seau was in Boston this week to film an episode of his upcoming television show "Sports Jobs with Junior Seau," which was a pre-planned trip.

That the Patriots still have Seau on their radar is not surprising, given the mutual admiration between the sides and the team's lack of depth at linebacker.

Seau has said that he would only return to the NFL with the Patriots because of his relationship with coach Bill Belichick and the Kraft family. In an interview with ESPNBoston.com on Thursday, the 40-year-old Seau referred to the Patriots as "we" and "us."

In his brief stop in town, in which he was serving as an equipment manager with the NHL's Washington Capitals, Seau relayed that he heard support from fans who heard he was willing to return to the Patriots as early as November if they needed him.

"A lot of them tell me they are counting down the days," he said.

The Patriots have been hit hard by injuries at linebacker, forcing them to move away from their standard 3-4 alignment and play more 4-3 schemes. They lost third-round draft choice Tyrone McKenzie to a torn ACL in May, second-year player Shawn Crable (groin) was placed on season-ending injured reserve Sept. 5, and 2008 leading tackler Jerod Mayo has missed the last two games after spraining his right MCL in the season opener.

Seau returned to the Patriots last December when the team had a run of injuries at linebacker, and played in the final four games of the season, providing an emotional spark as the team strung together four straight wins before falling short of a playoff berth. If he returns, the 2009 season would mark his 20th in the NFL.

Mike Reiss is the Patriots blogger for ESPNBoston.com. You can reach Mike by leaving a message in his mailbag.

:wacko:

come on man, get current.....you haven't heard?...or seen the vid of him getting run over by the bull?

all for his tv show?

Seau to return to Patriots

Posted by Christopher L. Gasper, Globe Staff October 4, 2009 09:54 PM

FOXBOROUGH -- According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, the Patriots are expected to sign Junior Seau this week. Schefter put a post on his Twitter page last night that read:

"Some stories and players never get old. Barring unforeseen, Patriots are expected to sign veteran 40-year-old LB Junior Seau this week."

Seau was in town last week for his new Versus show, "Sports Jobs with Junior Seau." He was coy in an interview with the Globe last Friday, when asked about a comeback.

Seau, who came out of pseudo-retirement last year to play the final four games of the season for the Patriots, had said in a radio interview earlier this year that he could only give a team six games this year.

"The Pats are the team I'll answer a call for and the only team," Seau said on Friday. "You and I both know the reason being is the relationship between [bill] Belichick and I. Belichick if he does call, he doesn't call anyone without having a plan, and for me I believe in what he does, that's No. 1. No. 2, I know the system, so if I'm every going to stick my neck out there in the gridiron I know that I have to have a chance to succeed, not only for myself but for the team and for the city."

Seau said that he and Belichick had chatted, but about surfing and not a return to the team.

Sorry you negative nellies ! We will grab Junior when we are deep in the season in playoff time. The pats are the only team he will play for again. That guy is still in great shape and his leadership and knowledge are indespensible in the playoffs.

just wanna keep everybuddy up to date....... :wacko:

Posted by Christopher L. Gasper, Globe Staff October 6, 2009 07:43 PM

FOXBOROUGH -- The Patriots could be one step closer to bringing back Junior Seau for a 20th NFL season. The team reported to the NFL today that they had the 40-year-old linebacker in for a tryout.

Clarification (9:47 p.m): To be clear this report is saying that sources said Seau's workout was reported to the league today, which doesn't mean that it happened today. Sources didn't comment on the day of the workout.

just completing the circle...... :wacko:

Seau returns to Patriots

Posted by Chad Finn, Globe Staff October 14, 2009 10:45 AM

It's official: Junior Seau is back with the Patriots.

The Patriots confirmed this morning that they have re-signed the 12-time Pro Bowl linebacker, a day after Seau announced on Versus.com, the website of the network on which he hosts a program, that he was returning to the team.

"It's good to have Junior back," Patriots coach Bill Belichick said. "He brings a lot of energy and experience and toughness to our team. We've been talking about this for a little while and we're glad we worked it out here in the last day or two and we're glad to have him."

Belichick would not confirm whether Seau will be in uniform this week against the Titans.

"We'll just take it day to day," he said. "We don't exactly know how things are going to work out this week, next week or any other week. We'll see how it goes as far as game plans and utilization in our defense. I'm sure he'll contribute for us."

Seau, who played 11 regular-season games for the Patriots in 2006, 16 in 2007, and four last year after signing late in the season, retired this offseason for the second time. But the 40-year-old was quoted this offseason as saying that the Patriots are the only team for which he would consider playing, and his return has been anticipated for a couple of weeks.

During a press conference this afternoon at Gillette Stadium, Seau said he's been keeping himself in shape in hopes that Belichick would give him the call he was waiting for.

"[My return is] always going to be Bill’s timing. And it always has been," Seau said when asked if he is back sooner than he expected. "Forecasting what happens in the National Football League and my career, I’ve learned after 19 years of playing in this league that we really don’t control that.

"In eight months, I’ve been working out for a chance to make a choice. The chance, I didn’t have control of. Bill had control of that. But the choice was to be prepared for that chance. So for eight months, I have been training to receive a chance, and to have a choice. And here we are."

Seau said he's looking forward to helping the defense in any way he can -- on the field, of course, but also by imparting the wisdom gained in his nearly two decades in the league.

"There’s a linebacking corps that we have now that was probably in first grade when I was a rookie. So there’s a lot of youth, but they can play the game," Seau said. "So if there’s anything I can do to help them either in the meeting room or the weight room, whatever it may take, it’s gong to be fun playing with them. But they're definitely young."

Seau, who will wear his customary No. 55, with Derrick Burgess switching to No. 53, said he believes he can still play at a high level.

"I’m not worried about that," he said. "If I was worried about that, I wouldn’t be here today. One thing I know is that you can’t coach courage. You can’t. You give me an A, B gap, I’m going through there, until I break glass. I will go through the A and B gap until I break glass. And that’s what I do. I’m not afraid about whether or not I’m going to bring to the table a level that I had 20 years ago. That’s not going to happen. Again, back to the box. The box is basically what Bill needs. He’ll tell you what he needs. If I have to be a plumber today, I’ll be a plumber. Whatever it may be. I’m just here to help."

Seau again emphasized his respect for Belichick.

"The best thing I do is I lean on Bill Belichick," Seau said. "And the reason I say that is that Bill doesn’t kick around tires and say, ‘I’m just going to go grab a guy that’s 40 years old off the surfboard and say come and join us.’ He has a plan. And his plan is something that we’re going to try and implement, whatever it may be.

"He knows who I am and I know what he has to offer. I trust Bill. All right? And because I trust Bill, I’m here today," he added. "What am I going to do? How am I going to help them team? I can’t forecast that. I wish I could. If I could, I wouldn’t be a football player. I wouldn’t. Just give me a helmet -- I’m going to be the bets football player that I can be today, and we’ll go from there."

To make room on the roster for Seau, the club released defensive lineman Terdell Sands. He was signed by the Patriots on Sept. 29 and played one game, making one tackle.

The Pats window is closed. Run is over, they begin rebuilding starting this year. Brady is not the same, it takes two years to recover from an ACL mentally. Him missing Moss last game showed me he wasn't back. He never misses Moss like that, not that I have seen.