[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Apologies to Raiders fans but...

DMD

They didn't release Garcia on their own, he wanted to leave so they let him. From what I understand, he wants to be a starter somewhere. He probably should have been the starter over JaMarcus

He wanted to go because they picked Russel as their starter.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To add to Raider fans woes: Cable may be arrested and suspended. What a mess.

Source: Cable’s potential legal issues a concern

By Jason Cole, Yahoo! Sports

15 hours, 13 minutes ago

In addition to enduring yet another difficult loss, the Oakland Raiders are bracing for the possibility that coach Tom Cable could be arrested soon in relation to an alleged assault on an assistant coach. Criminal charges against Cable could lead to a suspension by the league.

Cable (right) has said very little about the matter publicly.

Other Popular NFL StoriesEx-NFL star has embarrassing slip-up Ravens call out officials for questionable calls More From Jason ColeTitans' struggles begs question of Young's status Oct 4, 2009 Long journey to Bucs' lineup for Johnson Oct 1, 2009

“Everybody is trying to figure out who’s going to take over if Tom isn’t here,” said an assistant coach, who spoke on the condition of anonymity. “John Marshall has a lot of experience, he’s probably the guy. But it’s nuts. It’s crazy when you start to really think about it.”

Although Napa Valley (Calif.) police have declined to comment on the investigation, NFL.com quoted the attorney for Raiders assistant coach Randy Hanson as saying that Hanson told police he had been assaulted by Cable on Aug. 5 while the Raiders were in training camp. Hanson was treated for a broken jaw and his attorney, San Francisco-based John McGuinn, said three other coaches, including Marshall, witnessed the attack.

McGuinn did not return three messages left by Yahoo!, but told NFL.com that the situation was “a textbook case of felony assault.”

Napa Valley police Commander Andy Lewis declined to discuss the matter, but defended the progress of the investigation even though no arrest had been made in nearly two months.

“I’m not going to address the case, but it’s not as simple as just making an arrest,” Lewis said. “You don’t know the issues involved with the case.”

If arrested, Cable could also face a suspension from the NFL for violation of the personal conduct policy. Under the policy, coaches and executives are held to the same standard, if not a higher one, than the players.

The Raiders, defeated 29-6 by the Houston Texans on Sunday, have played progressively worse through the season’s first four weeks. After a late-game loss in the opener to the San Diego Chargers, the Raiders struggled to beat the winless Kansas City Chiefs in the second game and have scored a total of nine points in their past two games.

Jason Cole is a national NFL writer for Yahoo! Sports. Send Jason a question or comment for potential use in a future column or webcast.

Things are so bad, that after 30 years of being a fan I am done....I am now a Ravens fan. :wacko:

Al once had a great mind for football but those days are long gone. Bad drafts, overpaid free agents, and lack of a real coaches have caught up to Al's team...and he is too old and senile to realize it.

Until Al relenquishes his vice-grip on his failing franchise, things will not change in Oakland, and I dont have the patience for it anymore.

Any HC worth a damn won't go anywhere near the Raiders because they know that Al requires them to kneel at his feet and take his orders. So Davis keeps bringing in flops or nobodies to see if he can catch lightning in a bottle with an unproven HC. But he can't. The reason he can't is because he never actually allows them to command his team. They fail, because he fails. And the players, knowing that the HC doesn't actually have any teeth, do whatever they please. That just makes everyone miserable, which means nobody wants to play there, which means players become rogues instead of teammates. It's a vicious downward spiral of suckiness... like a crap tornado.

Al is trying to recapture the magic that he saw 30+ years ago with a script that's just as old as he is. It will take a long time for the franchise to recover from his influence (especially since it will probably continue for another decade - the stubborn old bastard).

As a Broncos fan...it's sad really.

Maybe one of the greatest rivalries ever...is now 10-15 years removed! I mean, even the Raiders fans stop coming to Mile High!

I SOOOO agree. Raider Hater week is just not the same anymore. It used to be that if we could beat the Raiders both games, it was a successful season. Now, there's just no fun in whipping them on a regular basis.

Oakland ... another organization that will flounder until the owner dies.

I hope this isn't a reference to DMD and the Huddle. Sure, he's getting a little bit confused from time to time, but I still think the old man knows the game pretty well.

Any HC worth a damn won't go anywhere near the Raiders because they know that Al requires them to kneel at his feet and take his orders. So Davis keeps bringing in flops or nobodies to see if he can catch lightning in a bottle with an unproven HC. But he can't. The reason he can't is because he never actually allows them to command his team. They fail, because he fails. And the players, knowing that the HC doesn't actually have any teeth, do whatever they please. That just makes everyone miserable, which means nobody wants to play there, which means players become rogues instead of teammates. It's a vicious downward spiral of suckiness... like a crap tornado.

Al is trying to recapture the magic that he saw 30+ years ago with a script that's just as old as he is. It will take a long time for the franchise to recover from his influence (especially since it will probably continue for another decade - the stubborn old bastard).

Actually I think Tornados pick stuff up - more like a crap whirlpool. Or whirlpoop, if you like.

I hope this isn't a reference to DMD and the Huddle. Sure, he's getting a little bit confused from time to time, but I still think the old man knows the game pretty well.

Atomic, we hardly knew ye!

He wanted to go because they picked Russel as their starter.

Can you freaking blame the guy? It's not like he lost the job to Tom Brady. Garcia has made it clear he still wants to start, but I'd imagine the guy is realistic enough to settle for a back-up role if he was actually beaten out by someone capable of playing the position. Russel is going to obliterate the standard for being bad. I can't imagine he looked any better in camp. So you're Garcia, and you take turns with this dude in 7 on 7s and watch him go 3 for 8 every day. Then they go with him?

There's only so much a guy's ego can take.

Can you freaking blame the guy? It's not like he lost the job to Tom Brady. Garcia has made it clear he still wants to start, but I'd imagine the guy is realistic enough to settle for a back-up role if he was actually beaten out by someone capable of playing the position. Russel is going to obliterate the standard for being bad. I can't imagine he looked any better in camp. So you're Garcia, and you take turns with this dude in 7 on 7s and watch him go 3 for 8 every day. Then they go with him?

No, not at all. He diserved the starting roll but since Russle was bank rolled, they refused to listen to reason and started Russle over Garcia. Garcia is a winner, and he doesn't mind being a back up to a team that wants to win. That's why he is perfectly happy in Philly right now. At least they are motivated to win and he has an opportunity to help a franchise that's bottom line is winning!

No, not at all. He diserved the starting roll but since Russle was bank rolled, they refused to listen to reason and started Russle over Garcia. Garcia is a winner, and he doesn't mind being a back up to a team that wants to win. That's why he is perfectly happy in Philly right now. At least they are motivated to win and he has an opportunity to help a franchise that's bottom line is winning!

Garcia was released by Philly last week. I believe it was Sept 29th.

As a Broncos fan...it's sad really.

Maybe one of the greatest rivalries ever...is now 10-15 years removed! I mean, even the Raiders fans stop coming to Mile High!

But didn't the Raiders win 31-10 last year in Mile High?

I'm just saying...

Garcia was released by Philly last week. I believe it was Sept 29th.

The point being, Garcia would be happy under that orginization. He has a winner mentality and is a great 2nd QB and a decent starter.

I think he has a couple good years left in him as a back up QB so I hope he finds a decent home somewhere.

The point being, Garcia would be happy under that orginization. He has a winner mentality and is a great 2nd QB and a decent starter.

I think he has a couple good years left in him as a back up QB so I hope he finds a decent home somewhere.

Exactly. When people were wondering why he accepted the Philly offer I think they were misinterpreting his refusal to play back up on that sad sack team (Oakland) with his refusal to be a back up in general.

I'll take him in Dallas over Turnover Tony.

I'm guessing Russel is actually great in no-hit drills. That's his thing. He is the shorts and Tshirt QB of the future. He just doesn't have the work ethic, leadership skills, and his brain can't do what his body is capable of during a real game. Garcia even said it in an interview. Russell in a non-game can make all the throws. He was raved about at his combine/pro days. He just doesn't "get it". I feel bad for Raider fans :wacko: