[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What's the deal with Vilma?

stokers

What happen to the numbers Vilma used to put up?

My question exactly. I drafted him as my number 2 linebacker ( I start 4) and he is underperforming my #4 in Chad Greenway/Keith Brooking/Clint Sessions. I know NO going up big in games has hurt since the opposing team will pass more, but seriously. I did read where the DC in NO is putting in the 3-4 scheme more often and that will obviously hurt Vilma (think Jets). So, I am going to sell high as soon as he has a big game...or trade him to some desperate owner who values his name.

My question exactly. I drafted him as my number 2 linebacker ( I start 4) and he is underperforming my #4 in Chad Greenway/Keith Brooking/Clint Sessions. I know NO going up big in games has hurt since the opposing team will pass more, but seriously. I did read where the DC in NO is putting in the 3-4 scheme more often and that will obviously hurt Vilma (think Jets). So, I am going to sell high as soon as he has a big game...or trade him to some desperate owner who values his name.

Yeah Greg Williams - the DC - has been using some 3-4 sets, which obviously affects his value. He's remained at least in our first tier of weekly rankings because he's a playmaker and will keep pretty consistent with the tackles. The more he's in the 3-4, though, obviously his value takes a hit. He'll start getting ranked accordingly now that the 3-4 sets are apparently going to be a regular thing.

Seems like they use more 3-4 lately, I am considering a change with him and D.Ware although it shocks me to say that, they are not performing as in years past..I am amazed how much his value plumetts in the 3-4! cant shame G.Wills either, they have been looking pretty good as a unit.