[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Braylon Faces Assault Charges

kpholmes

From PFT

The man who has shown that he can't catch a pass has proven that he can throw a punch.

Allegedly.

According to the Cleveland Plain Dealer, Browns wideout Braylon Edwards is accused of assaulting Edward Givens at the View Night Club at 2:30 a.m. ET Monday.

A Cleveland-area event promoter, Givens explained the situation to the Plain Dealer: "After the club closed, I was outside greeting and saying goodbye to people. Braylon comes up and started saying things, degrading me. He said if it wasn't for LeBron [James] or the Four Horsemen, I wouldn't have what I have, nor would I be able to get girls. Everyone knows Braylon has a problem with LeBron. So I had to speak up for myself. The conversation started to escalate. As some of his teammates started to pull him back, he punched me. I have a black eye and a cut. I'm not a violent guy.

"As long as I've known Braylon, I've allowed him and his friends to come into our events free of charge. Whatever jealousy he has with LeBron, he felt he needed to take it out on me."

So, basically, Cleveland apparently isn't big enough for Braylon and LeBron. It shouldn't be a problem for long. At the rate he's currently playing, Braylon will only have about 12 more games there.

Per the Plain Dealer, simple assault cases are not investigated by police. Instead, the victim must file a complaint directly with the prosecutor.

I'm not defending either party, but this is one side of the story. I'm sure the guy didn't say anything that would cause Braylon to act this way to the guy. I'm sure he didn't disrespect Braylon or the Browns org in general to get this reaction.

:wacko:

Edited by Hat Trick

I do not pretend to know jack about basketball, but I have to believe in the court of public opinion that Braylon loses 100 out of 100 popularity contests to Lebron.