[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

5 targets for randy Moss?

michaelman

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 targets for randy Moss?

what gives...

Welkers back. Welker is the slot receiver in a slot style passing game. Moss was trying to fill that roll while Welker was out but now that Welker is back, it leads to more opportunities for Moss to get those deep bombs.

Welkers back. Welker is the slot receiver in a slot style passing game. Moss was trying to fill that roll while Welker was out but now that Welker is back, it leads to more opportunities for Moss to get those deep bombs.

I know that it is a little too soon to be concerned, but although Welker was back this week, I didn't see to much in the way of deep bombs being sent Moss' way on Sunday. I was really hoping that New England would have attempted to air it out a little bit against Baltimore. At least Moss FINALLY scored a TD. I guess that I just expected more from my second round pick. What do you guys think is the biggest obstacle to Moss' production thus far: Brady's injury, Welker's injury, a change in New England's game plan, Moss' age and/or purported back injury, or what?

I know that it is a little too soon to be concerned, but although Welker was back this week, I didn't see to much in the way of deep bombs being sent Moss' way on Sunday. I was really hoping that New England would have attempted to air it out a little bit against Baltimore. At least Moss FINALLY scored a TD. I guess that I just expected more from my second round pick. What do you guys think is the biggest obstacle to Moss' production thus far: Brady's injury, Welker's injury, a change in New England's game plan, Moss' age and/or purported back injury, or what?

Combo platter of what you mentioned, IMO. Every team is scheming to take Moss away. Brady trying to get his mojo back. Welker not doing his thing underneath as much as before(injury). Changes in personnel. Etc. I am not sure there is any one thing you can look at and say that its the reason.

Still, he's getting targeted and he's getting catches. Scored this week and has some nice matchups coming up. No reason to panic, IMO.

I don't buy Brady being "rusty" 4 weeks into the season and think they'll both be fine. But even towards the latter part of 07 people finally realized that while taking out Moss obviously didn't mean NE was stopped, it was the key to slowing them down to a manageable, beatable team.

"what gives?"

come on man are you joking!?......'what gives' is that they were playing one of the top D's in the league.

give some credit where its due.

Moss had 3 for 50 and a TD, first from Brady this year and you're bitshing?

this isnt 2007, get used to it.

"what gives?"

come on man are you joking!?......'what gives' is that they were playing one of the top D's in the league.

give some credit where its due.

Moss had 3 for 50 and a TD, first from Brady this year and you're bitshing?

this isnt 2007, get used to it.

yes.. 5 targets for the best WR in a 50 pass attempt per game offense is worthy of "Bitshing"...

I didn't say I wasn't pleased with the fantasy points...

and if you even watched the game.. that TD pass was Tom brady hitting the panic button and flipping it out in the direction of moss....

Not a well executed play that no1 could stop because of precise route running and WR-QB chemistry....

dumb ass.

Simple answer = Raven's D

One they absolutely blanketed Moss, they were determined not to let him beat them deep.

Second, they put a lot of pressure on Brady making him dump off, not letting the routes develop, so even when Moss got deep, it wasn't an option to go to him whereas Welker's the short route guy.

WD

yes.. 5 targets for the best WR in a 50 pass attempt per game offense is worthy of "Bitshing"...

and if you even watched the game.. that TD pass was Tom brady hitting the panic button and flipping it out in the direction of moss....

Not a well executed play that no1 could stop because of precise route running and WR-QB chemistry....

dumb ass.

You watched the game, you should know "what gives".

Its called a damn good D that was determined to shut Moss down.

Edited by sarge5121976

dumb ass.

I was at the game.

you couldn't be more wrong.

asswhole.

Combo platter of what you mentioned, IMO. Every team is scheming to take Moss away. Brady trying to get his mojo back. Welker not doing his thing underneath as much as before(injury). Changes in personnel. Etc. I am not sure there is any one thing you can look at and say that its the reason.

Still, he's getting targeted and he's getting catches. Scored this week and has some nice matchups coming up. No reason to panic, IMO.

are you referring to the champ bailey next week? :wacko:

So where were the 8-15 yard Outs that Moss and Brady had been doing in weeks 1 2 3?

Safety over the top with short CB on Moss shouldn't have stopped them from throwing a few outs...

Lack of Targets.. means that they didn't even try.

Going into this game.. RAvens D had given up like the most 20+ yard passing plays or something...

PIG devils--- I referred to you as an A hole b/c you some how associate expecting more Pass targets.. to expecting performance on par with 2007... 10 targets a week for a WR is not out of the question.. he's their best player.. pats should still throw to him and give him a chance to make a play... that was all i was sayin. A hole.

Lack of Targets.. means that they didn't even try.

No, it means Brady chose not to throw into ridiculous coverage. It means he didn't force anything. It means he didn't make bad decisions. It had nothing to do with them choosing to not get Randy the ball, it just wasn't there.

The guy leads the league in targets and receptions. He caught a TD this pass weekend when the coverage allowed it.

Not sure what the big deal is.

he's their best player.. pats should still throw to him and give him a chance to make a play... that was all i was sayin.

I will forward your insight along to Coach Belichick.....

I think you should post your cell phone number here, I'm sure he'll want to get back to you....

I don't buy Brady being "rusty" 4 weeks into the season and think they'll both be fine. But even towards the latter part of 07 people finally realized that while taking out Moss obviously didn't mean NE was stopped, it was the key to slowing them down to a manageable, beatable team.

Are you serious? How many weeks did it take for Peyton last year to shake off the rust from his injury? It was closer to 6 or 7 IIRC.

Are you serious? How many weeks did it take for Peyton last year to shake off the rust from his injury? It was closer to 6 or 7 IIRC.

Manning had surgery 3 weeks before the season started. Manning's o-line was seriously banged up for the first 6 weeks of the season as well.

I'm approaching this whole football thing with a basketball mindset. Say your best player was Kobe Bryant... Are you going to stop giving him the ball.. just because he's getting double teamed? Are you just gonna pass to someone else without trying to get Kobe open with a screen or something?

Last year the Pats knew they had to get Moss the ball.. and Cassel couldn't do it.. so they got creative with short routes and WR screen passes...

With Brady back.. they are "supposed" to be able to throw those intermediate to deep routes... And instead they abandon those.. And even go a step further and forget about getting the ball in Randy's hands with short routes/ screens...

Manning had surgery 3 weeks before the season started. Manning's o-line was seriously banged up for the first 6 weeks of the season as well.

I wasn't trying to compare the two situations identically but rather just point out that an injury like that very well should take a few weeks to shake the rust off. Especially since Brady essentially missed a full year of football so it will take a few weeks to get back into the groove.

I wasn't trying to compare the two situations identically but rather just point out that an injury like that very well should take a few weeks to shake the rust off. Especially since Brady essentially missed a full year of football so it will take a few weeks to get back into the groove.

I absoultely agree.

are you referring to the champ bailey next week? :D

I was referring to matchups vs Tennessee and Tampa moreso than this week at Denver. Bailey is a good player, but not so much that you're scared to start Moss because of him...

I'm approaching this whole football thing with a basketball mindset. Say your best player was Kobe Bryant... Are you going to stop giving him the ball.. just because he's getting double teamed? Are you just gonna pass to someone else without trying to get Kobe open with a screen or something?

Last year the Pats knew they had to get Moss the ball.. and Cassel couldn't do it.. so they got creative with short routes and WR screen passes...

With Brady back.. they are "supposed" to be able to throw those intermediate to deep routes... And instead they abandon those.. And even go a step further and forget about getting the ball in Randy's hands with short routes/ screens...

Perhaps that is your problem :wacko:

If the Patriots were trailing in the game and still didnt make more of an effort to get the ball to Moss, there might be more to your argument. The fact is the Patriots pretty much lead the game throughout and didnt see the need to force it to Moss more than they did. Maybe they know he is dealing with a sore back and they're pacing him a little bit? Maybe the game plan was to spread the ball around against a good Ravens def? Nine players caught passes and its not like they ignored Moss after all. You do realize the Patriots are in the business of winning games not cranking out fantasy stats, dont you?