[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

5 targets for randy Moss?

michaelman

I'm approaching this whole football thing with a basketball mindset. Say your best player was Kobe Bryant... Are you going to stop giving him the ball.. just because he's getting double teamed? Are you just gonna pass to someone else without trying to get Kobe open with a screen or something?

Last year the Pats knew they had to get Moss the ball.. and Cassel couldn't do it.. so they got creative with short routes and WR screen passes...

With Brady back.. they are "supposed" to be able to throw those intermediate to deep routes... And instead they abandon those.. And even go a step further and forget about getting the ball in Randy's hands with short routes/ screens...

They did win the game, right? I guess they at least knew how to do that.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They did win the game, right? I guess they at least knew how to do that.

They also couldn't score enough.. turned over the ball at the last few minutes.. and "got lucky" that the BAltimore WR dropped a pass that hit him in the stomach...

That's like turning over the basketball at the last second and winning because the guy missed a dunk.

And you say to yourself.. "whew.. next time we gotta have a better cushion in the score so that won't have to win on a prayer"

Are you serious? How many weeks did it take for Peyton last year to shake off the rust from his injury? It was closer to 6 or 7 IIRC.

also looks like the Pats line is not keeping brady as "clean" as they did in 07...imo, the OL play in 07 was hugh in their regular season success.

They also couldn't score enough.. turned over the ball at the last few minutes.. and "got lucky" that the BAltimore WR dropped a pass that hit him in the stomach...

That's like turning over the basketball at the last second and winning because the guy missed a dunk.

And you say to yourself.. "whew.. next time we gotta have a better cushion in the score so that won't have to win on a prayer"

Yeah, Brady and Moss are bums if they can't steamroll Baltimore's swiss cheese defense. :wacko:

does anyone remember early in the game when moss was wide open for a td and brady missed him? brady is clearly a little bit shaken in the backfield. i think he might have spent too much time on the couch with his wife. of course that is not a bad thing but hopefully he will forget about the knee soon and start slinging the rock a little more acurate. we also have to see if welker is getting the knee cleaned.

Which side steps my entire argument that Brady DID NOT EVEN throw to Moss that much.. 5 targets.

What part of me telling you he's leading the league in targets did you not understand?

I directly answered your argument yet you continue to pound on people because you think BB should use the Tex Winters triangle offense on the football field.

Clearly, they want to get the ball in his hands or he wouldn't have SCORED on Sunday. If 6 weeks from now, Randy has still only had 5 targets a game, then bump this thread and you'll look like a genius. Otherwise, it's one game, and the overall target count for the whole league is the proof. Let it go.

What part of me telling you he's leading the league in targets did you not understand?

I directly answered your argument yet you continue to pound on people because you think BB should use the Tex Winters triangle offense on the football field.

Clearly, they want to get the ball in his hands or he wouldn't have SCORED on Sunday. If 6 weeks from now, Randy has still only had 5 targets a game, then bump this thread and you'll look like a genius. Otherwise, it's one game, and the overall target count for the whole league is the proof. Let it go.

Well said, and if you are truly worried about this, than you should be in the process of trading him.

Hmm. A clean-up procedure compared to an ACL reconstruction and 2 subsequent operations for infection? You must be joking. Or fishing...

It wasn't a clean-up procedure. He had a ruptured bursa sack. Then he had an infection and had to have a second surgery.

Surely you see the difference between having 2 knee surgeries within weeks of opening day, and having knee surgery 9+ months before. Of course Brady's was more severe. No question. But the amount of time between the surgeries and opening day are relevant.

Probably won't trade him yet... but considering benching him and playing Andre at Arizona + desean at Tampa Bay in week 5.

Bench him? He is the 4th ranked WR in my league. Above both Andre and DeSean! How could you want to bench him? :wacko:

and if you even watched the game.. that TD pass was Tom brady hitting the panic button and flipping it out in the direction of moss....

dumb ass.

michaelman, this is where you lost me. The td play to Moss was a result of Brady recognizing that Ed Reed was coming on a safety blitz, the same Ed Reed who was playing Moss over the top for pretty much the entire game. I expect you know who Ed Reed is, he's pretty good. Brady's 'panic button' throw was actually a great play as he read the situation, got the ball off with Reed bearing down on him unblocked, and Moss caught a td on one of the few snaps of the day that he was not doubled. Instead of complaining about a 50 yard, 1 td day, you should recognize how great it is to have a WR so good that he scores even when he is being consistently doubled by a cornerback and one of the best safties you will ever see play. Dumb ass indeed.

I'll just say it again... I was never complaining about a 50 yard 1 td game... I'm complaining about 5 targets. And with the foresight of the possibility of 5 target games going forward... Do I think he will always produce 50 and a td off of 5 targets? no. Hence why I asked why he was targeted so low.

And that play wasn't really a good read by Brady. If he made that read before the snap... He would have taken a quick drop and passed to moss on a slant.. or a deep slant... or a lob. If he read the blitz.. he would not have waited till he was barely sacked and thrown a wobbley over an out stretched arm in his face.

btw: Moss has been and will continue to be doubled every week. So stating that he was doubled by a great CB and a safety. (bla bla bla) only supports my concerns that Moss will get less targets and less fantasy production.

If I'm a dumb ass for being aware of the fact that he might not see passes because he will almost ALWAYS be doubled... then I'm fine with that

Edited by michaelman

I'll just say it again... I was never complaining about a 50 yard 1 td game... I'm complaining about 5 targets. And with the foresight of the possibility of 5 target games going forward... Do I think he will always produce 50 and a td off of 5 targets? no. Hence why I asked why he was targeted so low.

And that play wasn't really a good read by Brady. If he made that read before the snap... He would have taken a quick drop and passed to moss on a slant.. or a deep slant... or a lob. If he read the blitz.. he would not have waited till he was barely sacked and thrown a wobbley over an out stretched arm in his face.

btw: Moss has been and will continue to be doubled every week. So stating that he was doubled by a great CB and a safety. (bla bla bla) only supports my concerns that Moss will get less targets and less fantasy production.

If I'm a dumb ass for being aware of the fact that he might not see passes because he will almost ALWAYS be doubled... then I'm fine with that

You really seem to be hung up on the 5 targets and convinced that may be the "norm" going forward. What makes you choose to look at it that way versus looking at the weeks he was targeted 16 times? Surely you've watched enough football to realize no player gets exactly the same number of plays each week. Even Mike Tice's "Randy Ratio" never produced that kind of consistency...

And if you're down on Moss because he's going to be doubled every week, then why did you take him? Surely you've watched enough football to know that Moss will ALWAYS draw a lot of attention from the defense and what makes Moss special is that he performs well despite that attention, right?

michaelman, this is where you lost me. The td play to Moss was a result of Brady recognizing that Ed Reed was coming on a safety blitz, the same Ed Reed who was playing Moss over the top for pretty much the entire game. I expect you know who Ed Reed is, he's pretty good. Brady's 'panic button' throw was actually a great play as he read the situation, got the ball off with Reed bearing down on him unblocked, and Moss caught a td on one of the few snaps of the day that he was not doubled. Instead of complaining about a 50 yard, 1 td day, you should recognize how great it is to have a WR so good that he scores even when he is being consistently doubled by a cornerback and one of the best safties you will ever see play. Dumb ass indeed.

:wacko:

thank you. exactly correct. i just didn't have the energy to go through it all.

it was a great play that i saw with my own 2 eyes. live and in person.

Hence why I asked why he was targeted so low.

see above

• 2 weeks later...