[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Massaquoi

MORNINWOOD

The Bengals doubled Edwards all day. I don't think most teams will be giving him that much respect. Expect Massaquoi to be very inconsistent.

There's no question that Massaquoi will more than likely be inconsistent, however, Anderson steps in under center and seems to have developed an immediate connection with him. He didn't post that yardage on 3 or 4 catches getting lucky and breaking a long gainer on one of them. He caught 8 balls and that's being targetted a bunch. If you have some dead beats on your bench, adding Massaquoi is definitely worth it, in hopes that last week wasn't a one-week wonder and instead a sign of good things to come for the Anderson -to- Massaquoi connection, especially if Edwards is too busy punching Lebron's friends in the eye.

massaquoi had some great catches against tight man coverage. He made at least 3 catches with a CB draped all over him. the kid can play that game all day at a high level (based on a one game observation) due to his height and speed.

However, in the Bengals/Browns game, IMO, Anderson threw to him often not because of some mystic connection, but because the Bengals defensive plan took away Edwards with double teams. Massoquoi was the safer read. I'm sure the Bengals didn't expect the rookie to perform so well.

The kid looked good to me, but can he catch vs. other coverage schemes? I don't know the answer.

He won't be there in a week or two in most leagues if he does anything of note this weekend against Buffalo. Grab him now to beat the WW rush.

Yea if u need a WR grab him now. Cle is gonna be playing from behind this season and Anderson will be throwing the ball alot. This guy looks like he will be the main target.

No manager in their right mind should use their Waiver Spot on this guy on the basis of one game. Not to mention he can thank Braylon Edwards/Cincy D for most of those receptions. Sure you should pick him up on FA but I don't think people should jump the gun on this guy and lose their position for next weeks hottest commodity.

The kid really stepped up during his time at UGA. I saw him play a bunch of games personally, and he has matured from the highly-touted underperformer he was as a freshman... As for NFL skills, you could always see he had the speed and ability, but I wasn't entirely sold before (especially given his situation with the Browns)...

Until yesterday. Quite a showing.

Like others said, he does have quite a challenge ahead if defenses opt to not double team Edwards and really challenge him... And unfortunately, if Edwards gets suspended for his roid rage incident, this could mean even more pressure on him. Regardless, I'd rather have him right now than a dissapointment like Braylon Edwards.

Do these other leagues lose WW spots for FA pickups?? Because Massaquoi would obviously not be dropped after that performance (or owned before for that matter)

Braylon Edwards traded. Pick him up!

Maybe he has done well thus far because Edwards drew the opponent's top cover CB, and at times, double-coverage in pasing downs :wacko:

Massaquoi will now be the one garnering that coverage....and as many WRs have experienced, the rise from #2 WR to #1 WR is a bumpy one.

Temper expectations.

Maybe he has done well thus far because Edwards drew the opponent's top cover CB, and at times, double-coverage in pasing downs :wacko:

Massaquoi will now be the one garnering that coverage....and as many WRs have experienced, the rise from #2 WR to #1 WR is a bumpy one.

Temper expectations.

My line of thinking tends to be in agreement with Swammi here, yes he's worth a waiver wire pick, but he's not likely to duplicate his week 4 performance anytime soon and I think Braylon going may, as indicated in the quote, make it more difficult for the young man. Though I think Cleveland is far better off as a team without Braylon being in the locker room.

WD

1. Really going nuts over Edwards in NY? Not saying he won't do anything, but rookie QB throwing to him? Led the league in drops last season? Clearly has an attitude issue? That = huge #'s?

2. As for Massaquoi down is the supposed extra coverage (although I wonder will teams REALLY game plan to double and shut him down?). Upside is the guy HAS to get 12 balls a game his way. How can he not on a team that will be behind and have to throw VERY often.

I think Edwards stays around the same for this season (especially now that Anderson was starting). And Massaquoi is really legit now and can be a solid high end # 3 fantasy WR.

Edited by giantsfan

1. Really going nuts over Edwards in NY? Not saying he won't do anything, but rookie QB throwing to him? Led the league in drops last season? Clearly has an attitude issue? That = huge #'s?

2. As for Massaquoi down is the supposed extra coverage (although I wonder will teams REALLY game plan to double and shut him down?). Upside is the guy HAS to get 12 balls a game his way. How can he not on a team that will be behind and have to throw VERY often.

I think Edwards stays around the same for this season (especially now that Anderson was starting). And Massaquoi is really legit now and can be a solid high end # 3 fantasy WR.

1 Game doesn't make you legit. I think Edwards was tanking it so they would get tired of him and make a trade. :wacko: