[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Massaquoi

MORNINWOOD

Maybe he has done well thus far because Edwards drew the opponent's top cover CB, and at times, double-coverage in pasing downs :wacko:

Massaquoi will now be the one garnering that coverage....and as many WRs have experienced, the rise from #2 WR to #1 WR is a bumpy one.

Temper expectations.

+1

Well said.

Maybe he has done well thus far because Edwards drew the opponent's top cover CB, and at times, double-coverage in pasing downs :wacko:

Massaquoi will now be the one garnering that coverage....and as many WRs have experienced, the rise from #2 WR to #1 WR is a bumpy one.

Temper expectations.

While I do agree with this to some extent, I also don't think that Massaquoi will be getting double teamed. I think the worse case scenario for MM is that he will be the #1 and be defended by the best CB on the opposing team. By looking at his stats from this year, it's almost as if they were getting him caught up and finally unleashed him last week. I am not saying he is a true #1 now, but I think he has a lot of upside playing on a team that will probably never have a lead (meaning they will be throwing a lot). I also think there is something to the fact that CLE traded Edwards after MM's big day - like they knew what they had in MM, unleashed him this past weekend and got confirmation on his in-game ability.

I would not be shocked at this point to see MM get rookie of the year, based on his opportunities moving forward and the fact that Anderson seems to like him.

While I do agree with this to some extent, I also don't think that Massaquoi will be getting double teamed. I think the worse case scenario for MM is that he will be the #1 and be defended by the best CB on the opposing team. By looking at his stats from this year, it's almost as if they were getting him caught up and finally unleashed him last week. I am not saying he is a true #1 now, but I think he has a lot of upside playing on a team that will probably never have a lead (meaning they will be throwing a lot). I also think there is something to the fact that CLE traded Edwards after MM's big day - like they knew what they had in MM, unleashed him this past weekend and got confirmation on his in-game ability.

I would not be shocked at this point to see MM get rookie of the year, based on his opportunities moving forward and the fact that Anderson seems to like him.

:wacko:

Like most fantasy decisions, It depends on what your needs are. If you have a Donnie Avery or Ted Ginn on your squad make the leap. I picked him up for Ginn in one league, he can't be any worse. He was available in the two other leagues I'm in but I did not bite as there was no need.

I agree he's worth a flier, but I'm not sure there's much need for :wacko:

Look not further than Mario Manningham, and what he's done since his blow-up game 3 weeks ago. Wasn't he everyone's WW darling after that huge week versus Dallas? He's garnered a tad more attention, and hasn't been heard fron since. Certainly not a reliable fantasy starter.

Massaquoi will more often than not get manhandled by more physical corners.....and those with skill will be able to take him completely out of the game.

I would venture a guess he's had his best game of the season.

:wacko:

I'm not saying it will happen, I said I wouldn't be shocked. He basically just got thrust into the WR1 role with the departure of Edwards. He just had a game where he was targeted 13 times which resulted in 8/148. CLE is going to have to throw a lot, so I don't think it would be surprising if he ends up as ROY.

I agree he's worth a flier, but I'm not sure there's much need for :D

Look not further than Mario Manningham, and what he's done since his blow-up game 3 weeks ago. Wasn't he everyone's WW darling after that huge week versus Dallas? He's garnered a tad more attention, and hasn't been heard fron since. Certainly not a reliable fantasy starter.

Massaquoi will more often than not get manhandled by more physical corners.....and those with skill will be able to take him completely out of the game.

That's not really going out on a limb - I would agree with that :wacko:

Manningham had 4/55 following the big game. Last week he had 1/45. Let's see the outcome at the end of the year for Manningham, it's rare for any player to produce consistently every single week.

I agree he's worth a flier, but I'm not sure there's much need for :wacko:

Not sure Manningham is a fair comparison.

He is on a run first and second team. That has other weapons. And he is clearly not the # 1 option.

Mass is on an at worst 50/50 pass throw team. That will be behind ALWAYS. And is the defacto 1st option.

Anyone saying he'll be great is nuts. # 3 fantasy WR who gets 10-12 throws a week? Why not???

Not sure Manningham is a fair comparison.

He is on a run first and second team.

The comparison I was making wasn't in regard to the offenses they play within.

the comparison was more in regard to the fact they both had blow-up games, got everyone's panties in a bunch, set the WW on fire, and likely will only have 3-4 more fantasy-worthy games each.

Chances are, they'll both provide more heartache in fantasy line-ups than regret on the bench.

Through 4 games, Cleveland is #8 in pass attempts 2 pass attempts behind the Steelers at #7 and 4 pass attempts above the COLTS at #12. btw, CLE has attempted 11 more passes than the NYG (#15) and the NYG have passed for 6 more TDs (8-2).

IMO, if a #1 WR is available on a team that throws as much as CLE does, he's worth drafting. So, he's definitely worth a waiver wire pick up if you have a piece of crap to drop and you can snag him.

Seems like I read this alot, yet NYG have more passes than runs in 3 out of 4 games this year. :wacko:

Have you ever seen how the Giants play?

Early Eli looks great and they throw more.

Season progresses and weather gets worse Eli gets worse and they throw less and less.

SO unless the mold totally changes (I guess anything is possible) that is the script to follow here.

Edited by giantsfan