[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

saints kicker situation

buddahj

I hope they don't give it back to Hartley I had him in my dynasty league dumped him when I heard about the suspension then the guy with Carney picked him up after week 1 and I very :wacko: I didn't get him back. I thought no one would sit on a kicker for 4 weeks on their roster.

"Both Hartley and John Carney will remain on the Saints' roster for the rest of the season according to coach Sean Payton, reports Saints' beat writer Jeff Duncan."

Spin: This news comes as a bit of a surprise. Duncan believes Carney will serve as the Saints active kicker on game days for now. However, with both kickers being on roster, this does not seem like a vote of confidence for Carney. Hartley will be waiting for the opportunity if Carney struggles or the Saints feel the need for a stronger leg. We will continue to monitor this situation.

Edited by M33ZY

Carney owners should check if Akers is available in your league's waiver wire. Philly was on a bye last week and most people dropped him thinking he wouldn't be touched. I nabbed him last week and now I am going to drop carney since the Saints are on a bye. Akers all the way from here on out...

"Both Hartley and John Carney will remain on the Saints' roster for the rest of the season according to coach Sean Payton, reports Saints' beat writer Jeff Duncan."

Spin: This news comes as a bit of a surprise. Duncan believes Carney will serve as the Saints active kicker on game days for now. However, with both kickers being on roster, this does not seem like a vote of confidence for Carney. Hartley will be waiting for the opportunity if Carney struggles or the Saints feel the need for a stronger leg. We will continue to monitor this situation.

Yuck. Time to drop Carney, I think. I was hoping to have the FG kicker on the NFL's highest scoring team. But the chance of sharing kicking duties . . . time to look elsewhere. . .

Yuck. Time to drop Carney, I think. I was hoping to have the FG kicker on the NFL's highest scoring team. But the chance of sharing kicking duties . . . time to look elsewhere. . .

there will be no sharing as one will be inactive every week and until Carney screws up it is his job. Payton already screwed this up once he won't do it twice. their biggest concern was on kickoffs and Morstead has been very very good with this. I'm thinking it stays the same for a while.

They won't keep Hartley active for kick-offs and long FG's? Teams have done that before . . .

not for kick offs Morstead is doing better than what Hartley was doing and as many bumps and bruises we have don't think they will carry an extra kicker instead of a RB or special teamer. but you never know with Payton and with it the bye week you ain't going to hear anything until next week at the earliest.