[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vikes' 12th man: the refs

BeeR

I don't have a dog in this fight but this has been horrible reffing. First the BS "taunting" call earlier in the game, then the total and obvious non-call on holding on MIN OL during an early MIN TD (first one I think), then the totally bogus holding/pass int call on GB when someone picked off the Almighty Jeebus Favre in the end zone....I'm probably missing 1 or 2 others. And yeah I think GB caught a break on that one pass that was trapped and not called, but overall it's been way in MIN's favor.

Course all that pales in comparison to the nauseatingly bad announcing, but at least that doesn't impact the outcome of the game......

I don't have a dog in this fight but this has been horrible reffing. First the BS "taunting" call earlier in the game, then the total and obvious non-call on holding on MIN OL during an early MIN TD (first one I think), then the totally bogus holding/pass int call on GB when someone picked off the Almighty Jeebus Favre in the end zone....I'm probably missing 1 or 2 others. And yeah I think GB caught a break on that one pass that was trapped and not called, but overall it's been way in MIN's favor.

Course all that pales in comparison to the nauseatingly bad announcing, but at least that doesn't impact the outcome of the game......

f'ing hater

Uhh, really? Can't tell.

totally bogus holding/pass int call on GB when someone picked off the Almighty Jeebus Favre in the end zone.

:wacko: The Packers were also off sides on the play. I've got Woodson in an IDP league tonight, and even I saw him grab the WR with his off hand and pull him back. It was a good call.

I thought the refs were going easy on the Pack down the stretch. There were about 2-3 more holding calls they could have made on the GB offensive linemen. I guess they felt sorry for Rodgers being sacked 8 times already.

I've seen enough of Green Bay. How about lining a TE up to help the LT on EVERY play? How about Aaron Rodgers THROW THE BALL instead of dancing around in the pocket??? He acts like he's got forever. You've got a BACK-UP in on your blindside. A back-up that game up FIVE SACKS to Antwan Odom and 3.5 SACKS to Jared Allen. You really think you have time to wait around back there? THROW IT!!!!!! Moran.

Edited by CaptainHook

:wacko: The Packers were also off sides on the play. I've got Woodson in an IDP league tonight, and even I saw him grab the WR with his off hand and pull him back. It was a good call.

Don't know that I'd say it was a "good" call but it was the OBVIOUS call.

A veteran DB like Woodson should know that when you wrap your arm around the WRs waist, you're dancing with the devil; if a ref sees it, the hanky is going to fly....and that aside, like you said, GB was offsides anyway.

BS. He did not impede the guy whatsoever.

Oh well. They made it interesting at the end at least.

But I think if they swapped teams, Favre would be getting hammered at least as bad and throwing 10 pics a game while Rodgers would be just tearing up the league.

But I think if they swapped teams, Favre would be getting hammered at least as bad and throwing 10 pics a game while Rodgers would be just tearing up the league.

Actually he did. AND THEY WERE OFF SIDES!! The play would not have counted no matter what. :wacko:

Fine, he didn't impede him.

Even granting that, how many times do you see a guy with his arm wrapped around a WRs waist NOT get called for PI?

A whole lot less than the guy DOES get called for PI.

Go ahead and believe whatever helps you sleep better at night there buddy.

Don't know that I'd say it was a "good" call but it was the OBVIOUS call.

A veteran DB like Woodson should know that when you wrap your arm around the WRs waist, you're dancing with the devil; if a ref sees it, the hanky is going to fly....and that aside, like you said, GB was offsides anyway.

Exactly. It didn't look like the arm affected the play, but that will be called every time.

Go ahead and believe whatever helps you sleep better at night there buddy.

Minnesota fans: He will screw you at some point. You won't win the SB. Trust me on that. It will come and your heart will be torn out of your chest. Might as well enjoy it now. Just ask NY Jet fans.

Minnesota fans: He will screw you at some point. You won't win the SB. Trust me on that. It will come and your heart will be torn out of your chest. Might as well enjoy it now. Just ask NY Jet fans.

I doubt it, but it's not about that. These games are have been unbelievably fun as a Vikings fan. I'm just happy as hell to be along for the ride for once. Just look at the 360 that happened in Vikings football after some shaky preseason and training camp play from the QB. Over night tickets become hot, the QB position is upgraded, and even more there is a hope that we'll never be out of another football game as long as #4 is behind center. This team goes from a few years away from being the L.A. Vikings to having their stadium issue on everyones lips in the middle of a horrible economy, even our frugal governor. 4-0 feels good when you think about what that record would be with Tavaris or Sage back there. It's a great time to be a Vikings fan, and I'm going to enjoy every last minute of it.

That play was pass interference. The DB had his arm around the WR waist.

I saw a couple of face masks, one on each side that didn't get called. Also saw Brett get nailed late once that didn't get called.

Overall, it seemed like the refs were letting them play as they say.

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe

That play was pass interference. The DB had his arm around the WR waist.

I saw a couple of face masks, one on each side that didn't get called. Also saw Brett get nailed late once that didn't get called.

Overall, it seemed like the refs were letting them play as they say.

a lot of times corners wrap the waist but dont get called. depends on the refs i guess.

A 360 is a complete circle and puts you in the same spot you were before. :D
That reminds me of an ad I saw yesterday for a Monster.com-type site and their catch line was something to the effect of "Make your career to a complete 360". :wacko:

What are you talking about? The Vikes are going to win the Super Bowl. We have Childress. Get with the program. How could we not win it?

Ask a Jets Fan? That was probably even the stupidest part of your post.

What are you talking about? The Vikes are going to win the Super Bowl. We have Childress. Get with the program. How could we not win it?

Ask a Jets Fan? That was probably even the stupidest part of your post.

I think what he was trying to get across is that Favre will fade down the stretch when you need him most. Happened last several years of his career in GB and with the Jets last season.

However, he played lights out last night.

HAHAHAHA