[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is Greg Jennings a bust this year?

jordanzs

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PANIC! Let me guess, you were the guy that cut DeAngelo Williams after he only had 198 yds and 0 TDs after the first four weeks last year.

No, that was me. Why do you have to rub it in? :wacko:

That is something I am trying not to do this season... have Forte, Jennings, Calvin Johnson, and Bowe along with Ryan Grant in my starting lineup. Hoping these guys get it going soon. I've been very lucky to go 3-1 with the way this group has played.

PANIC! Let me guess, you were the guy that cut DeAngelo Williams after he only had 198 yds and 0 TDs after the first four weeks last year.

Nope. Not on a single roster of mine. Ever. I think he is way overrated and too dependent on blown coverages to get fantasy points. Now that he's doubled, the dude can't get open. Not the sign of a true number one, especially when you have a top QB tossing you the pill...

Then he is right there with Fitz, Moss, Smith, Boldin, Roddy. Where is the posts for them being busts?

Get over it guys, wait till year end.

Fail to see how Moss is in there, with the best start of his career in receptions? 29-340ish? Near the top pf the league...

Fitz has a TD in every game...

Boldin missed time with an injury...

Smith and White, I agree. But weren't those predicted? Gonzo was said to hurt White's value. Delhomme was said to hurt Smith's. What excuse does Jennings have other than not getting open? Again, everyone else in the passing game is doing just fine.

I guess you have to do something to make you feel better about that bust.

Fail to see how Moss is in there, with the best start of his career in receptions? 29-340ish? Near the top pf the league...

Smith and White, I agree. But weren't those predicted? Gonzo was said to hurt White's value. Delhomme was said to hurt Smith's. What excuse does Jennings have other than not getting open? Again, everyone else in the passing game is doing just fine.

Fitz has 2 TDs in 3 games.

Again, maybe my league is different and because I got him in the third, i just don't see it. Points are points and the #1 wr drafted 2 rounds early only avg's .5 more points then my 3rd rounder Jennings.

Lets meet back here end of the year....I bet you don't show up.

Larry Fitzgerald

(Ari - WR) 24.07 8 pts per game

Andre Johnson

(Hou - WR) 37.40 9 pts per game

Randy Moss

(NE - WR) 34.07 8.5 points per game

Greg Jennings

(GB - WR) 30.00 7.5 points per game

Seeing how you could get Jennings later then the rest...is it REALLY that much of a difference??? I still don't see it.

Seeing how you could get Jennings later then the rest...is it REALLY that much of a difference??? I still don't see it.

PPR:

Fitz - 52.10 (69.50 if you extrapolate)

A. John - 69.10

Moss - 70.60

Jennings - 45.50

Keep in mind Fitz just had his bye week

I think there are a couple little points for tackles but they should be around 70. Jennings is producing roughly 35% lower than the other wide receivers.

Is an additional 35% production worthy of drafting a round higher?

PPR:

Fitz - 52.10 (69.50 if you extrapolate)

A. John - 69.10

Moss - 70.60

Jennings - 45.50

Keep in mind Fitz just had his bye week

I think there are a couple little points for tackles but they should be around 70. Jennings is producing roughly 35% lower than the other wide receivers.

Is an additional 35% production worthy of drafting a round higher?

That is PPR. IN a ppr league, it is easy to see Jennings is a bust so far. In my league his # are what I posted and I can say he has been as much bust as the other guys I mentioned. We are talking apples and oranges here so that is why we aren't getting anywhere. :wacko:

The entire Packers' offensive line sucking might explain some of this. Like I said earlier in this post, let's see how Jennings does vs. the Lions next week and go from there. But to this point, it's hard not to see him as a bust.

I've watched every GB game this season. I also have Jennings so i've been particularly interested in watching him play and haven't made one post about him because I might Jynx him.

Let me say this... did you see the play where Rodgers had like 5 seconds in the pocket on monday night and STILL threw the ball to Driver who was so covered you couldn't even see him meanwhile Jennings had about 5 yards on his coverage? I saw it. The replay made it quite clear. Rodgers doesn't have the line covering him long enough to throw deep this year and when he does get time he's so used to unloading the ball on Driver or his TE he doesn't even look in Jennings direction.

Jennings gets open. He gets far and he gets open. Rodgers just doesn't have time to throw to him nor does he have the years of experience needed to see it and throw to him in a heartbeat. He is constantly dodging rushers and ends up unloading the ball early so often that the idea of throwing to Jennings doesn't even strike him as a good option when he gets the chance.

It MIGHT... MIGHT... get better as the schedule gets a lot easier after the bye week. Perhaps he'll find Jennings again and start getting comfortable throwing to him. I wouldn't hold my breath though. He seems to have decided that old man Driver is a safer bet and wants to make his exit party a good one.

My guess is that Jennings is going to end up a run of the mill average receiver this year with a few decent games and mostly bad games. He'll drop low on the draft next year. Then next year he'll be a sleeper with Rodgers getting better and the offensive line making adjustments that buy him more time. As for the 2009 season... He's a bust.

I've watched every GB game this season. I also have Jennings so i've been particularly interested in watching him play and haven't made one post about him because I might Jynx him.

Let me say this... did you see the play where Rodgers had like 5 seconds in the pocket on monday night and STILL threw the ball to Driver who was so covered you couldn't even see him meanwhile Jennings had about 5 yards on his coverage? I saw it. The replay made it quite clear. Rodgers doesn't have the line covering him long enough to throw deep this year and when he does get time he's so used to unloading the ball on Driver or his TE he doesn't even look in Jennings direction.

Jennings gets open. He gets far and he gets open. Rodgers just doesn't have time to throw to him nor does he have the years of experience needed to see it and throw to him in a heartbeat. He is constantly dodging rushers and ends up unloading the ball early so often that the idea of throwing to Jennings doesn't even strike him as a good option when he gets the chance.

It MIGHT... MIGHT... get better as the schedule gets a lot easier after the bye week. Perhaps he'll find Jennings again and start getting comfortable throwing to him. I wouldn't hold my breath though. He seems to have decided that old man Driver is a safer bet and wants to make his exit party a good one.

My guess is that Jennings is going to end up a run of the mill average receiver this year with a few decent games and mostly bad games. He'll drop low on the draft next year. Then next year he'll be a sleeper with Rodgers getting better and the offensive line making adjustments that buy him more time. As for the 2009 season... He's a bust.

Appreciate the eyewitness account! Much better than looking at a stat sheet and yelling BUST!

Thanks,

Heroes

Packers receivers coach Jimmy Robinson attributes Greg Jennings' slow start to defensive pressure on Aaron Rodgers, which isn't allowing Jennings the time to get downfield.

"It was certainly part of the reason (Monday) night, without any question," Robinson said. With a bye this week, expect the Packers to find a way to get the ball into their best playmaker's hands regardless of the blocking woes. Jennings is a good buy-low right now.

Just got the same offer- does the post bye-week outlook (line health and schedule) make this worth considering?

Has more to with your team needs, but Kevin Smith is a workhorse and gets guaranteed touches. I'd be unlikely to make a trade like this unless I was really desperate at WR and well stocked at RB.