[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

***Official Week 5 NFL Wagering Thread***

kroyrunner89

Vikings -10 @ Rams ???

Cowboys -9 @ Chiefs 43.5

Redskins +3.5 @ Panthers 37

Bucs +13.5 @ Eagles ???

Raiders +16 @ Giants 39.5

Browns +6 @ Bills 40.5

Bengals +9 @ Ravens 42

Steelers -10.5 @ Lions 44

Falcons +2.5 @ 49ers 41

Patriots -3 @ Broncos 41

Texans +5.5 @ Cardinals 48

Jaguars -3 @ Seahawks ???

Colts -3.5 @ Titans 45.5

Jets -1.5 @ Dolphins 36

Some totals are still missing, if I have time later this week I'll update this to include them. Good luck to everyone this week!

Is this the week we find out the real story about the Broncos? Gotta hunch the Pats hand it to them. Of course I'm a terrible gambler so don't listen to me.

Sounds like Roy Williams has busted ribs for the Cowboys and Barber's quad tightened up on him in the Denver game (although he sounds like he'll be fine for Sunday). I like KC and the points.

An undefeated Colts team only laying 3.5 points over a winless Titans team. Something smells fishy there. Of course when it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

I'll take the Browns and the Pats, and I think the Falcons win outright. Coming off a bye with two weeks to prepare against a 49'ers team that you really can't tell if they're better than average yet. They're good, but they played their best game against the Vikes - a team who plays down to their competition.

I'll take the Browns and the Pats, and I think the Falcons win outright. Coming off a bye with two weeks to prepare against a 49'ers team that you really can't tell if they're better than average yet. They're good, but they played their best game against the Vikes - a team who plays down to their competition.

I agree with the Falcons and leaning towards making it a play but think you may get a better spread later in the week the same goes with Miami Monday night

If the line doesn't move in the Falcon / 49ers game I will buy the 1/2pt to get to 3

I'd be cautious with the Falcons if I were you. I know last year means nothing, but they were a much worse team on the road, and their game against the Pats this year showed me nothing different. They still haven't really gotten Turner going, and although the SF ground game will be hurting without Gore I think they can keep the Falcons points down as well. My initial impression is that the under is the best play here, followed by SF -2.5

Vikings -10 @ Rams ???

Steelers -10.5 @ Lions 44

I'll prolly tease these two down to Vikes -4 and Pitt -4.5. They should both roll.

Also like Indy. Tenn can't hang with them, even at home.

I'd be cautious with the Falcons if I were you. I know last year means nothing, but they were a much worse team on the road, and their game against the Pats this year showed me nothing different. They still haven't really gotten Turner going, and although the SF ground game will be hurting without Gore I think they can keep the Falcons points down as well. My initial impression is that the under is the best play here, followed by SF -2.5

I'm reading the game much the same way, that is why my lean is to Falcons + 3 ( i mentioned buying a 1/2pt if the line don't move ? )

I see to very even teams in a low scoring game.

SF may have Crabtrree distractions and Falcons have had 2 weeks to prepare.

So far it's only a lean but will become a play with 3 pts.

Wow I guess I'm alone on this one. After receiving several e-mails from others that enjoy wagering on NFL games as much as I. Plus visiting other message boards and reading write ups involving this game. I haven't come across one other player on the same side of this game as I. I will stick with my handicapping on this one but surely will tread lightly as far as the amount I put out there. From my point of view I just cannot be that impressed with a team that only were able to put up 14 offensive points against the Rams sorry azz Def. With Gore still out and the 49ers not only able to put up just 14 points, they also only put up 228 total yards of offense. I can't see that being enough to cover the 3pts. I'm down for in a low scoring game.Good luck to all this weekend.

* SF 49ers -2

* SF/Atlanta UNDER 40.5

This is a very interesting game this week, with Atlanta coming off of a bye and Frank Gore still out for the 49ers. The main philosophy driving this pick for me is how much worse the Falcons were last year on the road, and their brutal loss to the Patriots a couple of weeks ago led me to believe that nothing has changed. They've struggled to get Turner running well all year, and the SF defense will certainly be another challenge for him.

Atlanta has been a middle of the pack defense so far, and although San Francisco doesn't exactly light it up on offense they usually are able to put some quality drives together to get points on the board. Their defense is stellar at creating turnovers as well, something that could also set them up for some easy points. I think both offenses will struggle to move the ball in this one, but in the end San Fransisco will come out with a win in a hard fought, low scoring game.

* Houston Texans +5

I'm not ready to give up on the Texans yet. Although they benefited from playing the lowly Raiders last week, bringing their defensive numbers to a little bit more reasonable of a level, I'm still aware that their defense just isn't good. However, Arizona is not playing anywhere near the level they played last year. Turnovers have cost them big so far, and like years in the past their rushing offense is putting up very mediocre numbers.

The red flag here that makes me go with the Texans is how awful the Arizona pass defense has been. Arizona has allowed 7.2 yards per pass attempt against them, something that I fully expect the Texans to take advantage of. Although Arizona will put up their fair share of points, Houston will be able to answer without much problem. Not to mention that the Texans are finally starting to get Steve Slaton going as he's been running much better these last two games with 33 carries for 141 yards. This game could get pretty high scoring, although a 24-21 type of game wouldn't surprise me either. I think that worst case scenario has Arizona winning by a field goal. The Texans should cover in this one no problem.

* Patriots/Broncos UNDER 41

This play jumped out pretty quickly to me this week. Here we have a Patriots offense that still hasn't done anything to show me that they've gelled, going against one of the best defenses in the NFL right now. The Patriots should have lost last week's game, as they didn't look great on offense, but got bailed out by a few dumb penalties by the Ravens that kept their drives alive. Meanwhile, we have a Denver offense here that isn't the most explosive offense in the world, going against a middle of the pack defense. I'd be very surprised if we didn't see Denver trying to run quite a bit on the Patriots and wind clock to keep the ball out of Brady's hands, which of course will aid in keeping the point total in this game down. These teams are also the 8th and 11th worst in the league at turning their yards into points, so we may see them settling for field goals quite a bit (Not to mention that Denver's defense is best in the league in this category). We should have a low scoring battle ahead of us in Denver tomorrow, and I think the under has a pretty high chance of coming through for us.

Good luck this week guys!

Well. my weekly picks in this forum have been horrible. Yet I trudge on. Not going to limit myself to one pick this week, I am 1-3 doing that so I am playing a bunch.

Carolina -4.5 I feel like the Panthers will bust out today and take our their aggressions on the rudder-less 'Skins. Blowout.

Chiefs +8 Look, I'm not sure the Chiefs won't win this game outright. I'll take the points and count on the Arrowhead crowd, Wade Phillips, and Oh No Romo to take care of the rest.

I am also tailing our resident hot capper with the SF and under, also going Denver and under.

Good luck everybody!

6 Point Teaser (3 Teams)

Bengals(Cincinnati) +15

Panthers(Carolina) +0.5

Cardinals(Arizona) +0.5

7 Point Teaser (3 Teams)

Eagles(Philadelphia) -8.5

Chiefs(KansasCity) +14

Giants(NewYork) -8

Took these two earlier in the week:

MIN -9.5

SF -2.5

Also saw that the SF/ATL game is now a pick'em game... Put another wager down on the Niners to win. I just don't see them losing at home to Atlanta this week. Atlanta fooled me last year, when I picked them to win at AZ in the playoffs. They didn't show up for that game, and although I think this one might be closer with them coming off a bye, I still like the Niners to win comfortably. A lot of people don't think SF is for real... Well, I said before the season began that the NFC West would be between Seattle and SF. I'm officially changing my thought process on that now... San Francisco WILL win the NFC West, and they will beat the Falcons today. :wacko:

Well nice start to the day going 3 - 0 on the morning games plus I took the 3 posted plays and made a parley.

With only one game going this afternoon ( Falcons +3 ) and the coals ready for me to throw the steaks on.

Life is gooder today.

Wager ID: 663 Wager Date: 10/7/2009 5:49:07 PM

Player: 008

Season: 2009 NFL Football

Bet Type: 3 team parlay

Wager Amt: $1000.00/$6000.00

Result: Pending

==================================================

Pick: -9.5 Minnesota Vikings (Pending)

Score: Minnesota Vikings

St. Louis Rams

10/11/2009 12:00 PM

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Pick: -15 New York Giants (Pending)

Score: Oakland Raiders

New York Giants

Pick: -15 Philadelphia Eagles (Pending)

Score: Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Philadelphia Eagles

Well nice start to the day going 3 - 0 on the morning games plus I took the 3 posted plays and made a parley.

With only one game going this afternoon ( Falcons +3 ) and the coals ready for me to throw the steaks on.

Life is gooder today.

Wager ID: 663 Wager Date: 10/7/2009 5:49:07 PM

Player: 008

Season: 2009 NFL Football

Bet Type: 3 team parlay

Wager Amt: $1000.00/$6000.00

Result: Pending

==================================================

Pick: -9.5 Minnesota Vikings (Pending)

Score: Minnesota Vikings

St. Louis Rams

Pick: -15 New York Giants (Pending)

Score: Oakland Raiders

New York Giants

Pick: -15 Philadelphia Eagles (Pending)

Score: Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Philadelphia Eagles

Nice! Looks like you might be right about the Falcons as well... I'm very surprised at how poorly SF is playing today, especially on defense. Very "un-Singletary-like." Lots of time left, but they've dug themselves quite a hole. Nice call.

I still stand by my earlier statement on them winning the West, though. :wacko: