[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Braylon Edwards is a Jet

dubbs

As a Jets fan, I love this.

This is definetely an upgrade at our WR position which needed a face lift. Braylon will make more plays on the Jets than CLE and will demand attention and open up Cotch and the running game.

How do you not like this? Stuckey is a good WR but not a WR2 so no real loss there, a 3rd +5th pick is ok for someone with such upside.

Says the Jets homer :D

If Edwards gets his head out of :wacko: he could be very sweet. As a Stuckey owner I am a little disappointed, not that I am getting anything out of him anyway

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Schefter just tweeted the picks involved are a 3rd and a 5th

Is it my imagination or will the Jets have very little draft picks left in the next few years? Overall, you have to like the aggressivness the Jets are showing to win NOW. Many teams don't have the nuts to take chances when they have a good team and have a legit shot at a Super Bowl. Edwards is a bit of an enigma but I would imagine his play would improve tremendously once he's on a team that's winning. He's certainly not the most professional guy but the talent is definitely there.

Has no one considered the real implications of this?

Braylon left Cleveland for New York because Cleveland was not big enough for him and LeBron James.

What if LeBron leaves the Cavs for the Knicks after this season?

Is New York big enough for LeBron and Braylon? Will Braylon staking his claim over that city help the Knicks in their courtship of Bron Bron? Will there be a PPV fight between Braylon and some mostly unrelated member of LeBron's extended posse? These are the real issues at hand here folks!

:D:wacko:

Is it my imagination or will the Jets have very little draft picks left in the next few years? Overall, you have to like the aggressivness the Jets are showing to win NOW. Many teams don't have the nuts to take chances when they have a good team and have a legit shot at a Super Bowl. Edwards is a bit of an enigma but I would imagine his play would improve tremendously once he's on a team that's winning. He's certainly not the most professional guy but the talent is definitely there.

I think this is a move that will suit both the NYJ and Edwards. Edwards is a talented player but with a swollen ego. Rex Rian has a great ability to take players such as Edwards and reform them into team members. Expect bing things for Edwards and Sanchez.

So far it is panning out, the Jets team is not OLD. They are trading their picks to get young talent with upside.

Maybe they'll turn around and trade him for Crabtree now that he's signed. :wacko:

The reason Crabtree made the mad dash to the 49er's head quaters was that he wanted to make the deal unattractive to hopefully get traded to to Dallas or a team of the likes. Now that Singletary has a winning team, Crabtree wants a piece of the pie and conceded.

Edwards will be EXTREMELY happy in New York. This fits his ego so well. In the city of lights that never sleeps and with a system that likes to throw the ball.. I still say that some big numbers will come out of Edwards with this transiion.

I actually dumped Edwards yesterday because I knew his ego was going to prevent him from performing in Cleveland. I grabbed him back first thing this morning off the wire!!

This seems like the deal that sent Chambers to the Chargers. Does anyone think that Edwards will have a difficult time getting adjusted, like Chambers did, a few years ago? Chambers came into a system that he was familiar with and didn't produce that much. Does anyone see that happening here?

This seems like the deal that sent Chambers to the Chargers. Does anyone think that Edwards will have a difficult time getting adjusted, like Chambers did, a few years ago? Chambers came into a system that he was familiar with and didn't produce that much. Does anyone see that happening here?

It can happen and the opposite can happen. Right now nobody really knows.

One thing I do know, it can't get worst.

Braylon left Cleveland for New York because Cleveland was not big enough for him and LeBron James.

Is New York big enough for LeBron and Braylon? Will Braylon staking his claim over that city help the Knicks in their courtship of Bron Bron? Will there be a PPV fight between Braylon and some mostly unrelated member of LeBron's extended posse? These are the real issues at hand here folks!

Regarding implications or call it coincidence: The Jets trade for Edwards the same day that Crabtree and his agent suddenly want to make a deal with the Niners. If the tampering is true, Crabtree and his agent Parker knew that the Jets were dropping hopes on him, and working on a big trade. The timing looks questionalbe on both Crabtree's and the Jets part regarding their tampering charges that have been filed.

Regarding implications or call it coincidence: The Jets trade for Edwards the same day that Crabtree and his agent suddenly want to make a deal with the Niners. If the tampering is true, Crabtree and his agent Parker knew that the Jets were dropping hopes on him, and working on a big trade. The timing looks questionalbe on both Crabtree's and the Jets part regarding their tampering charges that have been filed.

Yep + 1

This deal apparently has been in the works over a month. The hold up was what 2 players Mangini wanted in return and Mangini got exactly what he wanted and needed.....not that they will be saving graces for Cleveland, but at least will have more production than Edwards!

very good point

As a Knicks fan i hate this trade :wacko:

Braylon's ability has never been in question. It's been his attitude problems and the inept Cle offense that killed is '08 season and appeared to be killing his '09 season. I think a change of scenery is exactly what he needs. I think his ability will shine through in NY and he will be considered a top 10 receiver at year end. Of course my tune would probably be different if I didn't own him in a Dynasty :wacko:

I am a Jets fan and loved Edwards at Michigan but I don't like this trade at all. During the off-season yeah, but not during the season!!!

I have Edwards on my fantasy roster and now think hes worth less, I might have to drop him now. GRRRRRRRRRR

Just my 2 cents, but dropping him would the LAST thing I would think about. At least for now.

I have Edwards as well and there's no chance I'm thinking about cutting him loose (again... at least for now). You never know how these things can work out. I think you have to give it several games before forming any real opinions on Edwards from a fantasy perspective now that he's a Jet. Whole different set of circumstances in play.

was pretty suprised to hear about this in the morning....i knew the jets had interest in a receiver....the brandon marshall rumors...crabtree...but this kinda suprised me out of nowhere

ive already had new life breathed into, the once left for dead, brandon marshall....this would be pretty nice if braylon could become somewhat productive...giving me a starting receiving corps of chad johnson,brandon marshall, sims-walker, and braylon....im sitting in 2nd place at 3-1 with a matchup against first place 4-0 team this week...and for the most part my team hasnt performed too well

I am a Jets fan and loved Edwards at Michigan but I don't like this trade at all. During the off-season yeah, but not during the season!!!

I have Edwards on my fantasy roster and now think hes worth less, I might have to drop him now. GRRRRRRRRRR

How could he be worth less? He had zero catches against the Bengals with only five targets. And make no mistake, Cleveland is an awful team. The Jets are much better and have a more legit QB even if he is a rookie.

I would be a PATS homer but have Edwards on my team. From a Jets standpoint this might work. Ryan is cocky as hell but has been able to back it up. It appears he truely has the respect of his team unlike Mangini. I think this could work out well for them.

For the Jets:

Well, it can't possibly hurt Edwards all that much because he was a non-factor through 4 weeks in CLE. It will probably take a couple weeks for him to be really used much aside from simple routes and maybe looks at the goal-line (NYJ have a big target to throw fades to now, I guess). I'm not sure how similar the offensive systems are between CLE and NYJ, but I assume it will take a couple weeks just for him to build any sort of chemistry with Sanchez. I think Edwards is signed through 2010, so I assume there will be talk of an extension at some point.

If Edwards isn't getting that many targets, and Stuckey is gone, I have to imagine this helps Cotchery a bit, certainly short-term just from targets, and possibly longer-term if Edwards starts to get any extra coverage attention.

This helps Sanchez a bit (I think), maybe not as much short-term as they work the kinks out, but later in the year having someone to stretch defenses will help all the other short-range targets a lot, and you have to like the prospects for Sanchez and Edwards next year and forward.

For the Browns

I have to assume this helps Massaquoi. Anderson clearly developed some chemistry with him sharing second team reps, and while it's a negative to not have someone like Edwards taking the attention from him, he's likely due for a steady dose of targets as I'm not sure who else the Browns are going to throw to now...

...except for Stuckey, who, like Edwards, will need a few weeks to get any sort of chemistry with Anderson and to learn the plays. Stuckey may not be a king of measurables, but he can certainly play, and the Browns will likely be throwing more than the Jets will. Overall, this has to help Stuckey long-term this year if only because on the Jets he wasn't going to get that many targets.

For the Jets:

Well, it can't possibly hurt Edwards all that much because he was a non-factor through 4 weeks in CLE. It will probably take a couple weeks for him to be really used much aside from simple routes and maybe looks at the goal-line (NYJ have a big target to throw fades to now, I guess). I'm not sure how similar the offensive systems are between CLE and NYJ, but I assume it will take a couple weeks just for him to build any sort of chemistry with Sanchez. I think Edwards is signed through 2010, so I assume there will be talk of an extension at some point.

If Edwards isn't getting that many targets, and Stuckey is gone, I have to imagine this helps Cotchery a bit, certainly short-term just from targets, and possibly longer-term if Edwards starts to get any extra coverage attention.

This helps Sanchez a bit (I think), maybe not as much short-term as they work the kinks out, but later in the year having someone to stretch defenses will help all the other short-range targets a lot, and you have to like the prospects for Sanchez and Edwards next year and forward.

For the Browns

I have to assume this helps Massaquoi. Anderson clearly developed some chemistry with him sharing second team reps, and while it's a negative to not have someone like Edwards taking the attention from him, he's likely due for a steady dose of targets as I'm not sure who else the Browns are going to throw to now...

...except for Stuckey, who, like Edwards, will need a few weeks to get any sort of chemistry with Anderson and to learn the plays. Stuckey may not be a king of measurables, but he can certainly play, and the Browns will likely be throwing more than the Jets will. Overall, this has to help Stuckey long-term this year if only because on the Jets he wasn't going to get that many targets.

Edwards is a UFA after this season. I would expect an extension soon.

I got the following blurb from Rotoworld

Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum says Braylon Edwards is being prepared to start Monday night's game against the Dolphins.

"It's a little bit like Ty Law last year, who came in late and played against the Patriots on Thursday night," Tannenbaum said. Law played extensively in that game, covering Randy Moss most of the night. Edwards is familiar with Jets OC Brian Schottenheimer's offense, having dealt with similar terminology under ex-Browns coordinator Rob Chudzinski. Edwards had his career year under Chudzinski in 2007, catching 80 balls for 1,289 yards and 16 scores.

I picked up Derek Anderson yesterday as a bye week fill in. I found out about the trade this morning and thought oh crap, I need to find someone else. Then I realized whether Braylon's in Cleveland or in NY it really doesn't change Anderson's projections at all.

Edited by SheikYerbuti